6, Brazil
7. Staying home because cozzie livs

Anywhere else?

I'm after inspo and ideas.

Froth Goth
677 posts
2 May 2024 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

And miss out on scuba diving spear fishing and surfing season? Also climbings nicer in the winter too dont forget ya winter wakeboarding passes generaly theyre about 99$ for 3 months

Markyb4
WA, 38 posts
2 May 2024 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Mate of mine was recently in New Caledonia and sent me a vid of the beach and heaps of kites flying over flat water. It was clearly blowing hard and it looked bloody good!

Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
2 May 2024 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Froth Goth said..
And miss out on scuba diving spear fishing and surfing season? Also climbings nicer in the winter too dont forget ya winter wakeboarding passes generaly theyre about 99$ for 3 months

When it's 15C max, you can have it all to yourself!

Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
2 May 2024 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Markyb4 said..
Mate of mine was recently in New Caledonia and sent me a vid of the beach and heaps of kites flying over flat water. It was clearly blowing hard and it looked bloody good!

Yeah but I think their season is the same as ours. Winters are cool and inconsistent.
se.kiteforum.com/kitesurf/spot/ilot_maitre

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
2 May 2024 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

FNQ!!

Poor buggers need the support....they been doin it tough up there with storms and lack of tourist dolleros....

still get ya foils from dougies Dave??

Froth Goth
677 posts
2 May 2024 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
3 May 2024 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Froth Goth said..

Hahahaha, what happened to the drunken sailor post??

Lost gold!!

Froth Goth
677 posts
3 May 2024 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Dont worry shes archieved in lauries pool room for eternity

Cant be giving out treasure maps to the rainbow familys stash of bears magic missing elixer

Rumour has it we buried a few liters in a lined lockerbox at the base of the tree he took hisself out with just before the world ended in 2012

strapped
NSW, 171 posts
16 May 2024 3:02AM
Thumbs Up

If any of you are coming to Indo be aware that the airline Wings has just increased the surfboard charge to $100/ board added on top of the $180 one way ticket. Ridiculous but true. If you are coming to Lakey there is the ferry option. Look up Pelni, they don't run every day or the bus trip which is a slow torture or hire a bike in bali and ride across. Hope this helps, I reckon it will be a quiet season here. Pumping today.

Froth Goth
677 posts
16 May 2024 6:58AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty sure the windsurfers who would go to hawaii solved the board bag issues by just haveing a rig that stayed in storage in hawaii and then all theyre toys stayed back home and could just go back and fourth with a day bag full of meth or whatever it is they do in hawaii

Its interesting that all the tech we have these days from soft plastic fishing lures that make you want to dive in after them to drones delivering grocerys were still lugging foam around the globe.

Could almost just shape a board in every country for what it costs to take one there.

Anyways im probably either going to buy a boat to live on or start a cult on the west coast of qld with my GME money if yas see any coastal land where i could build a bit of a ridgeline useing hay bails and an excavator let me know ill make ya incharge of the ammunition or something as a reward youll get a colourful hat or something

The West Coast of Queensland refers to the coastal region along the Gulf of Carpentaria and the Arafura Sea, stretching from the Northern Territory border in the west to the Gulf of Carpentaria in the east. This region is less populated and more remote than the East Coast, with a unique landscape and attractions. Some notable places on the West Coast of Queensland include:
- Karumba

- Normanton

- Burketown

- Mornington Island

- Karathawa Beach

- Pormpuraaw

- Weipa

- Mapoon

- Aurukun

- Cape Keerweer

- Cape York (the northernmost point of Queensland)

This region is known for its:

- Remote wilderness and national parks

- Aboriginal cultural heritage

- Fishing and boating

- Crocodile spotting

- Birdwatching

- Scenic flights

- 4WD adventures

- Camping and outdoor activities

Keep in mind that the West Coast of Queensland is a vast and sparsely populated region, and travel may require more planning and preparation due to the remote nature of the area.

So all i gotto do is outgun everyone around me and we should be alright

Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
16 May 2024 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
strapped said..
If any of you are coming to Indo be aware that the airline Wings has just increased the surfboard charge to $100/ board added on top of the $180 one way ticket. Ridiculous but true. If you are coming to Lakey there is the ferry option. Look up Pelni, they don't run every day or the bus trip which is a slow torture or hire a bike in bali and ride across. Hope this helps, I reckon it will be a quiet season here. Pumping today.

What kind of wind do you get in Indo? From what I've seen it's like 20knots max.

www.windguru.cz/207049

That doesn't spark joy :(

loco4olas
NSW, 1515 posts
17 May 2024 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
strapped said..

Pumping as in waves, or wind, or both? I haven't been to Lakey since 2009 - how's the kiting crowds there now?

strapped
NSW, 171 posts
17 May 2024 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Both actually. Been using a 9 lately. The most crowde it has been is another kiter and a wing foiler.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Winter escape 2024" started by Phoney