Forums > Kitesurfing General

World Class Kite Spot - Double Island Point

Created by MannyBlanch > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2015
MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
16 Aug 2015 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

A new edit produced by Kye from a sweet kite we had at double island point last week.

Watch in full HD with the vol cranked!! haha

Feedback would be sweet!

Trotdog
QLD, 15 posts
16 Aug 2015 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Such a epic day! First time I've ridden the place and boy was it good! froth on

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
16 Aug 2015 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid !
Sweet tricks !
AAA+

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
16 Aug 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Nice riding lads, world class wave when its 3-5 . We de hooked a sea eagle there last xmas poor bugger got a treble in the beak.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
16 Aug 2015 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafunk said..
Great vid !
Sweet tricks !
AAA+

Thanks heaps man!

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
16 Aug 2015 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tractorguy said..
Nice riding lads, world class wave when its 3-5 . We de hooked a sea eagle there last xmas poor bugger got a treble in the beak.

Cheers!! yeah definitely is a sick wave!

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
17 Aug 2015 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

This post should be pinned for when the winds are down, weather is cold, or too many kooks in the water or beach.

Rails
QLD, 1371 posts
17 Aug 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

sweeeeet
Not sure about the boy-band tunes though

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Aug 2015 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Loftywinds said..
This post should be pinned for when the winds are down, weather is cold, or too many kooks in the water or beach.

Haha cheers lofty.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Aug 2015 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rails said..
sweeeeet
Not sure about the boy-band tunes thou
Rails said..
sweeeeet
Not sure about the boy-band tunes though

Thanks Mate!

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
17 Aug 2015 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic spot, we only head there though when forecast is really solid as have spent too many days sitting in the shade of the truck thinking about the 4 hr round trip and no kiting. But, when it's good, it has to be the best spot on the east coast??
Nice video also, just had to mute it after 30 seconds of that "music" :)

KyeEvans
QLD, 118 posts
17 Aug 2015 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Was such a great day! perfect conditions!! can not wait to go back yew

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Aug 2015 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BurkeyBoy said..
Fantastic spot, we only head there though when forecast is really solid as have spent too many days sitting in the shade of the truck thinking about the 4 hr round trip and no kiting. But, when it's good, it has to be the best spot on the east coast??
Nice video also, just had to mute it after 30 seconds of that "music" :)

Thanks man!

Phoney
NSW, 601 posts
17 Aug 2015 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

What's it like there around xmas / new year period? No wind and packed with tourists?

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
18 Aug 2015 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

End of year is generally decent for wind, though they tend to be SE more than N. You can kite in a SE, though normally further out from the headland in the swell rather than the flats. Reasonably busy with tourists, but as it's 4wd access only, tends not to be too bad, particularly compared to most spots over Christmas. If it is SE you can always kite on the south side of the point in the surf or head north up the beach to Inskip.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Aug 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Phoney said..
What's it like there around xmas / new year period? No wind and packed with tourists?

The NW wind is fairly rare on the sunny coast, generally comes through from August - January. We would be lucky to get 10 Kitable days up there a year.

Simsurf
WA, 238 posts
18 Aug 2015 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, that beach line has changed. Used to surf there a lot when I was younger. Used to be a huge wide beach and even a lagoon at times. from the point down to the first rocks at the base of the dunes towards Rainbow.

Was an epic wave when it was over 5ft. Sometimes all the way from sharks to the rocks mentioned above. Used to take turns and have a driver in the car to take us back up to the point cause too far to paddle.

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
18 Aug 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Kiting in Melbourne is good but watching this makes me really miss QLD. I need to m9ve back!

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
19 Aug 2015 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macster said..
Kiting in Melbourne is good but watching this makes me really miss QLD. I need to m9ve back!

Cheers guys!

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
21 Aug 2015 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MannyBlanch said..

Macster said..

Cheers guys!

I was hoping for some wave action. I guess I'm not going to get any. Apart from that smashing edit! Nice freestyle moves in there.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"World Class Kite Spot - Double Island Point" started by MannyBlanch