Forums > Kitesurfing General

World Cup Semi

Created by Mini Mal > 9 months ago, 15 Oct 2011
Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
15 Oct 2011 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

What's the difference between a tea-bag and the All Blacks?
A tea-bag stays in the Cup longer."

Or, how about, "What do you call 15 guys sitting around the TV watching the Rugby World Cup final?
The All Blacks."

I hope so, Go Aussies

Flying Kiwi
WA, 258 posts
16 Oct 2011 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Bump

michael r
NSW, 46 posts
16 Oct 2011 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

Whats the difference between a T -Bag and a Mini Mal?

About 36 hrs
Go the mighty all blacks!

orynoco
QLD, 271 posts
16 Oct 2011 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey mini mal, bet your eatin your words now!!!!!!!!!!

tunsis
VIC, 30 posts
17 Oct 2011 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

smashed.

Mini Mal
WA, 298 posts
17 Oct 2011 6:18AM
Thumbs Up

Yep stick you neck out it may get choped off. Not a peep before the game all noise after the game you guys. You must be kiwi's lock up the sheep. Im hurting inside from the game and physically from slashing , shreding and boosting off towering wave faces up here on sat. A weekend to forget and remember have a top week everyone

Chris_M
2129 posts
17 Oct 2011 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha in your little Aussie face Mini Mal

mazdon
1196 posts
17 Oct 2011 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

spot on mini mal....every kiwi i know had fear of choking vocal paralysis prior to this game, but jeez they came out of the woodwork after!!!
seemed far too good across nearly every line and we never seemed to get them stretched - pretty good game to watch though i thought despite the disappointment
tough question now is whether my desire to see them choke in the final as retribution is going to outweigh my disgust with the thought of the French winning the cup (if only wales had been in)

have to admit, probably will go for our fellow anzacs

rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
17 Oct 2011 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

I think the best part of yesterdays game was when the Auzzies finally faced up to facts and clapped our boys off the paddock, game lost Auzzie but good sportsmanship brownies earned at the same time!!!!!
Now lets eat some frogs legs!!!!!
()

Paradox
QLD, 1326 posts
17 Oct 2011 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

rusty7 said...

I think the best part of yesterdays game was when the Auzzies finally faced up to facts and clapped our boys off the paddock, game lost Auzzie but good sportsmanship brownies earned at the same time!!!!!
()

I'll have to agree. Wins against the All Blacks are hard to come by for the Aussies, but when they come I generally see good sportsmanship in the win and respect for the AB's from the team and Wallabies fans no matter what (within reason of course)

I am dissapointed to see perhaps a bit less of this from the Kiwi fans this time, and even thier coach. The Aussies never looked a side to beat the All Blacks at any stage of the cup, but the crowd has been merciless, especially in thier attack on Cooper. Love or hate his style or form, or even him personnally - he has conducted himself impecabbly and deserves the same respect as any other player. I think the orchestrated attack on him has crossed a line and rugby and NZ is poorer for it.

Post match jibes from a wining team are usually the domain of the South Africans and French. I hope it is not going to become a part of the NZ Rugby psyche.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
17 Oct 2011 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Paradox said...

rusty7 said...

()

I'll have to agree. Wins against the All Blacks are hard to come by for the Aussies, but when they come I generally see good sportsmanship in the win and respect for the AB's from the team and Wallabies fans no matter what (within reason of course)

I am dissapointed to see perhaps a bit less of this from the Kiwi fans this time, and even thier coach. The Aussies never looked a side to beat the All Blacks at any stage of the cup, but the crowd has been merciless, especially in thier attack on Cooper. Love or hate his style or form, or even him personnally - he has conducted himself impecabbly and deserves the same respect as any other player. I think the orchestrated attack on him has crossed a line and rugby and NZ is poorer for it.

Post match jibes from a wining team are usually the domain of the South Africans and French. I hope it is not going to become a part of the NZ Rugby psyche.

I agree with you, but Cooper makes it pretty easy to be disliked:

- Kiwi moved to Aus in his teens and ends up playing for the Wallabies (I moved over to Aus at the same age and I'm still allergic to supporting Australia)

- Likes giving "love taps" to opposite players off the ball

- Shifty Eyes

- Bit of a d!ck (you can be a d!ck but be brilliant and nobody minds)

That said, I hope NZ doesn't descend to the post match jibes and comments such as "If we had been in the previous world cups, we would have won those too" (1995 - South African coach)

Go All Blacks!

I'm a bit tired of the endless reference to choking - only really happened in 2007. Aus beat NZ in a good contest in 2003 - France did well in 1999 - Came down to a field goal in overtime in 1995, despite most of the team hurling on the sideline at every opportunity. Can't remember 1991 tbh.

Chris_M
2129 posts
17 Oct 2011 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Righto guys, I was watching the game along with thousands of other supporters at the Cloud in Auckland (The RWC party central fan zone) and all I heard were cheers supporting the AB's (ok, we booed QC, because he is a d!ck) but I didnt hear any nasty comments directed toward the Aussie supporters. It is a media driven beat up where a few disgruntled Wallabies supporters cant handle the banter (which is 99% of the time directed from Ozzies toward kiwis, taken in the good humour it is intended most of the time). I went with Ab's supporters and a couple of Wallabies supporters who came over for a couple of the games. No name calling, ribbing, anything from us or the surrounding crowd.

Maybe its the kiwis overseas getting a bit excited.... Perhaps a bit of a time for them to feel proud, and have a reason to get back at you for the tireless sheep jokes, beached as re-enactments, fush and chups jokes (thats pretty much the entire repertoire right?)

Either way, if people whinge too much it kinda puts a damper on this KITESURFING FORUM.

I hope everybody gets some wind soon and stops talking about the f*cking rugby

Paradox
QLD, 1326 posts
17 Oct 2011 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...

[
I agree with you, but Cooper makes it pretty easy to be disliked:

- Kiwi moved to Aus in his teens and ends up playing for the Wallabies (I moved over to Aus at the same age and I'm still allergic to supporting Australia)

- Likes giving "love taps" to opposite players off the ball

- Shifty Eyes

- Bit of a d!ck (you can be a d!ck but be brilliant and nobody minds)

That said, I hope NZ doesn't descend to the post match jibes and comments such as "If we had been in the previous world cups, we would have won those too" (1995 - South African coach)

That is my point really - why such overwhelming and deliberate attacks on an individual for what are relatively minor things? so what if he is a dick? - many people said the same about Campese and Sailor and we saw nothing like this. Even the good natured "Sailors a Wanker" heckling was pale in comparison to this campaign.

Rugby is the ultimate team game, with sportsmanship at the top of the code of conduct. It is a sad day when a country that many see as the leaders of professionalism in the rugby code starts to attack individuals so vehemenantly. I think it went way too far and I hope the NZ's eventually realise it. Perhaps after they finally hold the WC and relax some perspective will prevail.

And yes, no one can beat South Africa's baffling arrogance in 95. I'll back pretty much any team over SA after that comment.

Paradox
QLD, 1326 posts
17 Oct 2011 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Chris_M said...

Righto guys, I was watching the game along with thousands of other supporters at the Cloud in Auckland (The RWC party central fan zone) and all I heard were cheers supporting the AB's (ok, we booed QC, because he is a d!ck) but I didnt hear any nasty comments directed toward the Aussie supporters. It is a media driven beat up where a few disgruntled Wallabies supporters cant handle the banter (which is 99% of the time directed from Ozzies toward kiwis, taken in the good humour it is intended most of the time). I went with Ab's supporters and a couple of Wallabies supporters who came over for a couple of the games. No name calling, ribbing, anything from us or the surrounding crowd.

Maybe its the kiwis overseas getting a bit excited.... Perhaps a bit of a time for them to feel proud, and have a reason to get back at you for the tireless sheep jokes, beached as re-enactments, fush and chups jokes (thats pretty much the entire repertoire right?)

Either way, if people whinge too much it kinda puts a damper on this KITESURFING FORUM.

I hope everybody gets some wind soon and stops talking about the f*cking rugby

Chis - I don't disagree with you and didn't mean to imply the bad behavoiur was directed at anyone but Cooper. Like you I think overall the rivalry was fierce but fair as always on a team level. It was the just the Cooper thing that I think went to far, and anyone at the actual game would attest to it.

No winging on the game at all from this end either. The Wobblies had their pants handed to them and all credit to the All Blacks, extremely well played.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"World Cup Semi" started by Mini Mal