Forums > Kitesurfing General

Your girl friend/wife is getting jealous when.....

Created by Dylan roe > 9 months ago, 19 Nov 2008
Dylan roe
WA, 1 posts
19 Nov 2008 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

When she starts talking about your kite as if it is another person...haha

westhammer
WA, 504 posts
19 Nov 2008 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Be upfrunt and explain to her why you need to do it,iff she cant understand and be able to rationalise with you then you are on a lost cause my son,and need to go solo untill you meet the right mix.Otherwise submit and do as you are told.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
20 Nov 2008 12:20AM
Thumbs Up

Dylan roe said...

When she starts talking about your kite as if it is another person...haha

I would have thought that would be the day she began to accept how important kiting was to you...

elizabethb
QLD, 2081 posts
19 Nov 2008 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

hahaha no complaints this end [}:)] Lucky me

Jimbob McBoilygroin
QLD, 82 posts
19 Nov 2008 11:52PM
Thumbs Up

ma wife gets jellous when ma other sister comes to stay.....then i go kitering and leave them to mud ressl.

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
20 Nov 2008 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

elizabethb said...

I am just leaving that right alone, leaves so many openings for interesting comments. [}:)]

elizabethb
QLD, 2081 posts
20 Nov 2008 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Shane71 said...

elizabethb said...

I am just leaving that right alone, leaves so many openings for interesting comments. [}:)]

haha yeah I'll give you that. True.

Rather, I mean that I would be a girlfriend/ wife who isn't jealous about anything kiting if that makes more sense...

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
20 Nov 2008 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

You should just consider the opposite Liz, insert 'boyfriend/husband' into the thread title.

Anyway, I knew the girlfriend was getting jealous when she said 'I wish you were as passionate about me as you are about kiteboarding', then dumped me.

That's cool though, because now I have more time to go kiting.

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
20 Nov 2008 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

G'day,

After years of not understanding me when it came to why wind and water was so important to me, now that she's into the kiting too, she understands me a whole lot more... now we both get the ****s when there is no wind or we miss out on a session due to work ...

seeya!

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
20 Nov 2008 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha - I recently had a bit of a whinge from wifey about how in summer everything I plan is for the early part of the day and I am non-commital about afternoons.

I should say that she is usually pretty cool and I also only aim for 2 sessions a week so we have a bit of balance.

Anyway she was on and on a bit and I glazed over, so she sees this and says "Your thinking about kiting right now aren't you!" Not being able to resist I say "Sorry after you mentioned kiting I just went on auto pilot but it's great that you want to talk about kiting too."

Her response [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Liz - has there been any complaints at the other end? Sorry I just couldn't resist..

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
20 Nov 2008 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

There's one very very simple solution to this issue...

What girlfriend/wife...???

ianmac
WA, 267 posts
20 Nov 2008 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

especially when she asks are you kiting this weekend before accepting invitations to BBQ's etc and will you be able to fit me in or should i take my own car ?

Cut
VIC, 107 posts
20 Nov 2008 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Puetz said...

G'day,

After years of not understanding me when it came to why wind and water was so important to me, now that she's into the kiting too, she understands me a whole lot more... now we both get the ****s when there is no wind or we miss out on a session due to work ...

seeya!

Thats what I love about my missus. She's actually the one who checks the weather report online as soon as she boots her pc and tells me when we are going down the road for a kite She's so keen we've even strapped our kites/boards to our backs and ridden down on bikes since our car has been stuck at the mechanics

azza
1338 posts
20 Nov 2008 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

You should just consider the opposite Liz, insert 'boyfriend/husband' into the thread title.

Anyway, I knew the girlfriend was getting jealous when she said 'I wish you were as passionate about me as you are about kiteboarding', then dumped me.

That's cool though, because now I have more time to go kiting.

You also have far more time to go girling... when the wind is too low, of course.

mikekx102
WA, 70 posts
19 Dec 2008 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

You also have far more time to go girling... when the wind is too low, of course.

hahaha yep!

lotofwind
NSW, 6451 posts
19 Dec 2008 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah,ya know shes getting jealous when she walks into the bedroon naked only wearing YOUR new harness and says "maybe if I wear this you might give ME the same attention you give kiteing "

All I could think of was I hope shes carefull with my new harness.

kiter789
NSW, 238 posts
19 Dec 2008 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Your boyfriend/partner SHOULD be incredibly jealous when he goes off to the blokes-only christmas party (this afternoon), and then girlfriend/partner scores the best session at the best southerly spot with the best swell in a zillion years, with everyone out...who all wonder where you are, and then call you up to leave you messages to tell you how badly you are missing out, because the waves haven't been this good since Jesus played halfback for Nazareth (or whatever the appropriate xmas-themed saying is).

I'd take a seriously good kite session over beer and pool with smelly boys any day of the week, but maybe that's me.......It was so fun out there! And more forecast for tomorrow morning, but with even more swell! Pity BF/Partner will be in no state to appreciate it......Awww...

stabber
NSW, 1114 posts
20 Dec 2008 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

hey Juddy should it not be Which girlfriend?
Not What girlfriend!

My harem are so satisfied with my performace when I am around , they need a break to recover....so I kite then...

night time activities!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Your girl friend/wife is getting jealous when....." started by Dylan roe