Forums > Kitesurfing General

anyone done repairs on cab 2009 ids bar and lines?

Created by dymo > 9 months ago, 5 Jan 2010
dymo
WA, 39 posts
5 Jan 2010 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, my cab front lines snapped yesterday. Just where the two Front lines from the kite join each other and become thicker braid with a small eye . On the dangly stuff that was left connected to my bar i have got a metal cleat. Somehow there is a connection from the metal cleat to the thicker braid, but it dissapeared in the bang.
I am looking online for some pictures of the part that must have broke. Guess it may have been some kind of loop of connecting line. But was wondering if anyone knows what part it is and if anyone has make a new connection between the cleat and the front lines??
Any help would be appreciated as i would like to be back on the water asap

toddws
WA, 468 posts
5 Jan 2010 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Yep, my mate had a similar thing where the metal swivel jammed and the top ring released and straightened. Sounds like the same thing the new swivel is about $18 but do the bottom connection to the IDS landing line and centre line first.
Part no is KS0FCLSSSS this is for the 2010 idsx bar (but fits the 2009 bar) but the swivel is less likely to get sand in it jam and straighten out while looping or rolling. takes 10 mins to change out, i upgraded mine yesterday.
happy kiting

michel
NSW, 410 posts
5 Jan 2010 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

set it up with pro kit no swivel and way better overall feel

kiting kid
VIC, 219 posts
5 Jan 2010 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

michel said...

set it up with pro kit no swivel and way better overall feel

there still is a swivel but it's below the bar meaning you can untwist lines by hand while riding

dymo
WA, 39 posts
5 Jan 2010 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

ah ok, so the swivel has snapped, how does it connect to the front lines which have an eye in them? I cant find any illustrations online. MAy need to do some more research

dymo
WA, 39 posts
5 Jan 2010 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

here are pictures of the two parts that need to be joined. I do not have another bar and lines to compare and do not recall what components joined these two. Can anyone help. I am out of reach of a dealership for the time being. Can i join these two in another way?

What happens if this breaks when doing a bottom turn on a big day?

toddws
WA, 468 posts
5 Jan 2010 11:22PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah as i guessed the top ring for the swivel is missing. Probably jammed with sand, it looks coroded from your picture.
My mate got the same result while attempting triple back roll kite loop transitions.
Get the spare part as mentioned. can be ordered from a cabrinha dealer.
Cost me $18 on sunday
1. lay your lines out
2. The red line is the Ids landing line, remove the ring from the retention pin on the chicken loop, then remove the ring(slip line over the ring ) feed the line though the red part of the chicken loop, through the bar centre hole. through the top triangle and undo the larks head loop at the swivel.
3. Remove the black line which connects the centre line from above the Centre line Adjustment Strap (CAS).
4. Connect the new swivel in reverse black line first, then red ids line, feed ids line through top triangle, through bar centre hole, through hole in quick release, re-attach ids landing line ring and finally re-attach ids ring to pin.

HALF WAY THERE

5. Remove the yellow line (left hand centre line) from the y shaped grey line by undoing the larks head knot
6. Attach the grey line 'y' to the top of the new swivel by feeding the loop on the grey line and black centre line through the swivel loop.
7. Re-attach the yellow front line to the grey "y" line
8. Done!!!

The new part is much better there is no gap to allow sand in to jam it. If you have any further problems fitting it drop me a PM with phone number and i'll call and talk you through it.
Cheers Todd

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"anyone done repairs on cab 2009 ids bar and lines?" started by dymo