Forums > Kitesurfing General

board to unlock kite wizard-style abilities wanted

Created by funkyllama > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2014
funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
13 Jan 2014 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

Seabreezers help me out here please, a quick search shows no recent posts but I did find this one interesting www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/2013-Shinn-Dundee-131x41/?SearchTerms=intermediate,kiteboard
I'm interested in riders actual experiences around the newer 2013/2014 boards.

After busting my Liquid Force Concept 135x41 today, I would like to hear of a worthy replacement to suit an 82kg rider. I ride 11/8/6m Ozone C4 in Tasmanian conditions, mostly freestyle throwing up all kinds of rolls grabs and unhooking so solid pop is important, plus boosting as big as I can so good behavior on landings is desirable. Upwind capability is essential, as if you can't get upwind off the beach here you're not kiting. In chop. In anything from 16 to 35knots.
When I carve waves, I use my surfboard, otherwise they make good launch ramps for the twin tip.

I found the LF Concept perfect for progressing me here, and am wanting my next board to have the best balance of good edge hold and landings for boosts, hold down when overpowered, while still throwing me up there for the wake style moves as well. Suggestions please?

Boards that have caught my attention so far are:
Shinn Dundee 133x42
LiquidForce LFX 134x41 or 138x42
Wainman Joke 138x41.5

When I say busted, I mean more delaminated on a heel-edge nose, which made me keep nose diving in chop and at times giving a weird grabbing feeling underfoot. Pic attached

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
13 Jan 2014 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

if your in boots try a tona, Solid pop smooth landings.
also the new axis boards are nice , tranq 141, parker pro 140, bootleg 138

Eaglelad
VIC, 119 posts
13 Jan 2014 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

You would have to try one of the 2014 xenon Laluz's? Cabrinha Xcalibers seem to have the ingredients you are after as well.
If you're after "wizard" abilities getting on a boots orientated board will definitely provide the most change in your riding style. Fix that board and then you will still have a straps freeride board for when conditions require it every so often.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
13 Jan 2014 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Shinn Dundee would tick plenty of boxes, but wouldn't strike me as having amazing pop, the ultrasonic, ADHD or red would be better in the shinn range , also the upper range of xenon and crazy fly boards

orynoco
QLD, 271 posts
13 Jan 2014 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

Why not dry the board out, buy some Araldite 2pac glue, mix up glue, spread glue on pesky delammed area, apply a couple of house bricks to newly glued area, wait 24hrs, remove excess glue with a file or sandpaper. FIXED!! $10 repair. PM me for details where to send a carton.

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
14 Jan 2014 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
orynoco said..

Why not dry the board out, buy some Araldite 2pac glue, mix up glue, spread glue on pesky delammed area, apply a couple of house bricks to newly glued area, wait 24hrs, remove excess glue with a file or sandpaper. FIXED!! $10 repair. PM me for details where to send a carton.

Full agree, was off the the hardware store first thing in the am. Clamps etc ready to go and a rare 34deg day in hobart tomorrow should dry it all out.

Good suggestions so far, so far I've kept away from boots the last attempt with LF boots wouldn't fit a LF board. Heard the famous Rowdy has had input to the Axis Bootleg.

Just found the Slingshot Asylum 138x42 looks a good size. Still looking at everything!

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
14 Jan 2014 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Naish Monarch.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"board to unlock kite wizard-style abilities wanted" started by funkyllama