Forums > Kitesurfing General

cook islands honeymoon

Created by grillsy > 9 months ago, 27 Dec 2011
grillsy
QLD, 31 posts
27 Dec 2011 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Going to the cook islands on late Feb early march for my honeymoon and while I understand its not the season, does anyone who has been there at this time suggest I take my gear.
When looking at the weather history,there doesn't appear to be too much difference in the conditions when you compare the 2 periods...advice on kite size would also be appreciated...Thanks and happy new year to all

blueprint
WA, 321 posts
27 Dec 2011 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

I was there for a wedding around that time last year (Rarotonga) and can tell you that if I'd taken my gear I would have had 2 or 3 days in the week I was there that where kiteable, gear would have been on the larger end of my quiver as for the most part they would have been just kiteable. Having said this, where we were was less than ideal (Muri Lagon), sheltered so lots of flat water but due to islands on the outside of the lagoon (NE wind) wind was turbulent and a bit of shadow in places. if you are going to Aitutaki then I'd suggest this is more favourable as the islands are lower lying than Rarotonga.

In summary, if you can get away with it pack your gear and I'd be taking my bigger kite(s).

grillsy
QLD, 31 posts
2 Jan 2012 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks blueprint.....think I'll pack a 12.....appreciate your help

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"cook islands honeymoon" started by grillsy