Forums > Kitesurfing General

correct kite for a beginner

Created by Scotty777 > 9 months ago, 6 Mar 2012
Scotty777
QLD, 7 posts
6 Mar 2012 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, i am in the process of getting some lessons. My brother inlaw has been teaching me to kite, but going to get pro lessons. Am looking around for a
beginner setup. what size and style kite should i be looking for???
And what size board??I weigh 83kg at 168cm.
Any info would be great cheers

Slack
WA, 685 posts
6 Mar 2012 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

If your brother inlaw couldn't advise you on kite/board selection then he probably shouldn't be giving you your first lessons. Recommend you just go and get those pro lessons and ask your instructor what is suitable for you and then go kiting with your bro inlaw and enjoy.

Scotty777
QLD, 7 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

he told me about a 12m kite, hasnt been actually teaching me. i have gone with him twice to run out lines and set up kite thats all. getting lessons from pro.

Ozoned
NSW, 58 posts
6 Mar 2012 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty, please check out these articles:

www.seabreeze.com.au/Articles/Kitesurfing/How-to-choose-your-Kitesurfing-gear_4513110.aspx

www.seabreeze.com.au/Articles/Kitesurfing/Do-I-need-kitesurfing-lessons_903069.aspx

Your instructor will ensure you get the right gear and don't waste your money. Also check out what the other guys are riding at your local. Different locations often require a different quiver of kites and boards.

Be prepared to buy at least 2 kites usually a 9m and 11-12m. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can get away with 1 kite.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"correct kite for a beginner" started by Scotty777