Forums > Kitesurfing General

kitesurfing in Indonesia

Created by Michael2015 > 9 months ago, 14 Apr 2015
Michael2015
WA, 34 posts
14 Apr 2015 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

I am going to Indonesia this Summer. But not made my mind up yet, where to ride in Indo. Hopefully riding waves. I have a North Neo and it should handle the conditions well. It is a 10m from 2015. I am not an expert in the waves and i ride a Cohete 5.8 quad.
I heard about Bali to ride and the party life. I get party enough so that's not my main priority. I really need to schred.
Any one ideas? I am looking on the web and I see the camp of Indocamp. Also I see Sumatra coming by with waves and wind in the months that I want to go.
Any advise on these spots?

Thanks

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
14 Apr 2015 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

There is the popular spots where everyone goes, or you could research prevailing wind directions, plot them onto a map and go a little further afar.
More effort, but 1000x more rewarding if you do come across a good setup (which there are plenty of in Indo).
Or just go to Lakey and kite with the mob.

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
14 Apr 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

If you are looking for somewhere to kite in Sumatra, I can recommend here: www.yudisplace.com/ - kite season is the West Aus winter; surf in summer.

PM me if you want more info.

Michael2015
WA, 34 posts
15 Apr 2015 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

Thanks for the pointers.

I did check Leakey out but that's to full on for me. I need proper coaching to be riding these bombs! Maybe later in my Kitesurfing life.
Bali has not really good waves in that period with wind that is pretty light. So I am leaning more to Sumtra. I see that they also rent equipment out which is good.

How is the spot over there Juddy? Wavy?

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
15 Apr 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

sent you PM.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"kitesurfing in Indonesia" started by Michael2015