Forums > Kitesurfing General

kitesurfing ireland.

Created by gus1983 > 9 months ago, 19 Apr 2013
gus1983
WA, 21 posts
19 Apr 2013 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Howdy. I'm after the lowdown on kitesurfing in ireland. I'm heading to a place called Inch on the irish coast next May. I was hoping it would be worth taking my kiting gear over that time of year.Anybody with information about kiting in or around Inch eg seasons, kite sizes, what is the gonad shrinkage factor in the waters up there etc? cheers

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
19 Apr 2013 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Wind - may tends to be lighter than average but you will probably get some stonking days too in which case a 7m would be handy.
To be honest big kites don't tend to be the go, If it's too light for a 12 u need to be careful your not Gonna get ruined by tide currents if u crash it / are low on power

Temperature... May is still pretty cold water wise, air temp should be ok...ish. If your hardy a 3mm long arm/ leg particularly with a rashie should do the trick

Also check out Jamie knoxx's website, it's windsurfing orientated but has good info on spots

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
19 Apr 2013 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

West coast cops some great wind and wave action, usually at that time the boys will be wearing a 5,3 double lined with boots gloves and hood for longer sessions, make sure your gear ain't gonna let you down as a 45 min swim can be more threatening in these water temps, also a smaller kite is reqd due to lower temp dense winds, pretty eppic coastline though,

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
19 Apr 2013 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

The place is called inch, meaning your Dick shrinks to 25mm ,

Nc1887
WA, 13 posts
19 Apr 2013 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

cauncy said...

It took you 29 minutes to come up with that?!lol

Ugly
WA, 205 posts
19 Apr 2013 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

cauncy said...

isnt 25mm a normal size

terminal
1421 posts
19 Apr 2013 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Inch-Strand

Great whites are in short supply - in fact non-existent due to the cold, but you could get a good gumming from a basking shark.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
19 Apr 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Nc1887 said...
cauncy said...

It took you 29 minutes to come up with that?!lol

nah it took me approx 20 seconds but i thought itd be a useless bit of info for my first response, give ryan coote a call he runs a kite school and is a bit of a legend on the west coast, you can check out some of the conditions you may get on you tube, tap in ryan coote kitesurfing ireland, the is some pretty good footage of him riding a huge hurricane swell in 40 to 50 knts on a ozone rio 4mtr

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
19 Apr 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Got to have big nuts........

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Shortboards/Wow-we/

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"kitesurfing ireland." started by gus1983