2013 Griffin Argo 9 m

Created by Satti > 9 months ago, 10 Jan 2013
Satti
WA, 13 posts
10 Jan 2013 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 85 kg, intermediate
Style: Freeriding, Wake,

Help required, I am an intermediate rider and currently got a 12m Airush DNA.
I am looking at buying a 9 meter kite for the windy days. The info for the 2013 Argo kite sounds very promising for a reasonable price.

I am from Perth but have not seen any Griffin kites in/around Safety Bay and could not find any reviews of the 2013 Argo.

Has anyone some feedback about the new Argo and TRX kites? Are they holding the promises in regards of build, handling etc?
Which model suits intermediate best?

Thanks for your help and enjoy the season.

warwickl
NSW, 2216 posts
10 Jan 2013 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

I have had Argo and TRX for a few years and now favour the TRX for my requirements which is 95% surf on a SB.

There is a following however for the Argo and both are excellent kites for their purpose and both have excellent construction.

check out the forum on the Griffin kite web site plus more on www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/?search=Griffin

DeadCat
NSW, 1 posts
10 Jan 2013 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

G'day

I rider a Griffin TRX 9m and 12m, and an Argo 14m all the latest gear (I re quiver each year). Have been kiting for 10 years and ride both a surfbaord and a twinne. Am 105kg (6'5", not a fat bastard) so really hammer the gear.

You wont go wrong with the TRX (or Argo for that matter). The TRX turns on a dime, handles gusts, is stable and very predictable. Its also very well made although the bag is too complicated. Order it with a small bar (a big bar makes it twitchy in strong winds). If you are into big air then get the Argo as it has more pop but turns a little slower with less top end - the TRX is better for those days when it is nuking.

warwickl
NSW, 2216 posts
10 Jan 2013 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

These links may also help

pm me if you want any more direct comments

Tommygun
NSW, 26 posts
10 Jan 2013 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

> Hey, iv'e been riding the Griffin Argos since the end of 2010,and up grade every year.I have to say the 2013 Argo's feel and looks very different to previous years. The kite tuns on a dime and has all the power i need when i want it. I can
fly the kite quite well in 16 knots on flat water, But the 9m Argo shows its true performance in 20+ knots. Lots of fun.
and huge boost!!!(i weigh 86kg) The kite still has its auto relaunch design. iv'e noticed the stitching and skid pads are a better quality too. The bar and lines are different to the previous years, you can change the lines closer for a short bar feel and further away for the long bar feel. The bag now comes with a pump holder, board holder and a pocket for the bar and lines, helps me when i'm camping:) My Favorite Is the 10m Argo which i purchased in the end. The 10m fly's very comfortably in 16 knots and i've flow the kite in 30 knots, Handles surprisingly well.
For my self (86kg) 9m Argo: Bottom end 16 knots flat water :Top end 35 Knots.
All my riding is on a twintip.

>

Satti
WA, 13 posts
11 Jan 2013 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the feedback!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2013 Griffin Argo 9 m" started by Satti