fabienne
WA, 54 posts
19 Sep 2014 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 55kg, Level: Advanced
Style: Wake, Freestyle
Weather: 15-20 knots
Disclosure: Airush team rider

Had the pleasure of giving this beauty a go yesterday.

The write up: The Diamond Kite features a refined profile and balanced configuration that appeals to a broad level of users, from performance freestyle and wave riding while still being stable and user friendly enough for intermediate riders. The unique shape is light on the bar, with a short bar throw that even the lightest of riders can easily get the kite to the edge of the window in stronger conditions. The Diamond Series kite features Technoforce D2 by Teijin in conjunction with the Poly Load Frame giving any female rider an insanely durable kite that will last them season after season.

// Dedicated Female Specific 4 Line Performance Hybrid C Kite
// Light Bar Pressure
// Reduced Bar throw with Same depower range
// Easy Upwind Performance
// Polyester Load Frame Technology
// Double Rip Stop Technoforce D2 by Teijin Canopy
// New Oversized SPS valve (Single Point Inflation System)
// All New One Pump System

My Comments:

First things first, the new oversized single point inflation system is a winner: 5 pumps and shes up.
Im currently 8 weeks post op broken leg so i was taking it easy what i got from it straight away was the stability and control, she parks so well during tricks and the lighter bar pressure in comparison to the Razor is definitely noticeable. Also for anyone with shorter arms the reduced bar throw is a great touch. It has the same double rip stop technoforce as the razors which makes repairs a dream.

Short and sweat: I loved it i think its a great user friendly cross over kite especially for people who love the razors but would like something a tiny bit lighter and with only four lines. I haven't tried it in the waves yet but iv herd its a dream.
It has been designed as a female specific but i wouldn't let that turn you guys off giving it a go I gave my friend a lesson on it yesterday and he was loving it. I would recommend it for begginer to advanced its such a great all rounder.

Im usually down at Woodmans Point (WA) I currently have the 2015 9m Diamond and 7m Airush Razor with me, if you would like to give either a go just give me a shout at the beach or send me a message.

Cheers
Fabienne

jeff2
WA, 221 posts
22 Sep 2014 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

What is the difference between a girls kite and a boys kite , besides the graffics?

Auswind
WA, 398 posts
Site Sponsor
22 Sep 2014 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jeff2 said..
What is the difference between a girls kite and a boys kite , besides the graffics?

The diamond is designed to have a shorter bar throw so less reach for the bar and light bar pressure.

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
23 Sep 2014 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Auswind said..

jeff2 said..

The diamond is designed to have a shorter bar throw so less reach for the bar and light bar pressure.

Diamond looks like a good kite, is there a "mens" version?

Eaglelad
VIC, 119 posts
23 Sep 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

The Varial X is the hybrid C kite which would be the men's equivalent (2015 model is more forgiving than 2014)
Then there is the full C 5 line razor which really isn't as scary as some people make out.

Auswind
WA, 398 posts
Site Sponsor
23 Sep 2014 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Eaglelad said..
The Varial X is the hybrid C kite which would be the men's equivalent (2015 model is more forgiving than 2014)
Then there is the full C 5 line razor which really isn't as scary as some people make out.

Totally agree with that Eaglelad worth giving the Razor a try if you are looking for freestyle performance.

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
23 Sep 2014 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

question was more that this years varial x has been "dialed back" in my view ( i own the 2014) the diamond seems to have moved more aggressive than last years VX, will give the razor a crack.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 Airush Diamond" started by fabienne