Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Argo or TRX when attached to Griffin Chimeras

Created by Seeya > 9 months ago, 21 May 2014
KiteDesigner
NSW, 169 posts
13 Jun 2014 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Below is the 10.5 TRX with 2015 bridle in light winds from 1:00 minute in to the vid

Have a look at the water and the next shot of a kite in the water and windsurfer before he gets on a wave should give you an estimate of the lightness of the wind, and how well the kite performs in the light winds, also the kite loop, solid shape and no fluttering in the tight canopy. The 2014 would struggle in the light wind, but the 2015 does not. ( PS thanks pete for the drone vid from this post : www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/Quad-Copter-footage-of-kiting-Long-Reef/ )

#t=60

catalaussie
128 posts
20 Jun 2014 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

To those asking for a demo:

3 guys will be going all the East Coast up with their Griffin Kites and will do demos and trials with 2 x 2014 TRX (10.5m and 17m) and 2 x 2014 Argo (10m and 12m).

They will stop at all kite spots from Sidney to Cairns!!!

You can follow them and contact if you want to try their Griffin Kites in your spot ;) www.facebook.com/DAKitesurfing

warwickl
NSW, 2216 posts
21 Jun 2014 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

I am in Newcastle area and have 7, 9 and 10.5 TRX 2014 and any genuine guy can have a demo of mine

richswing
WA, 724 posts
21 Jun 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

I have just purchased a 10.5m c/w new 2015 bridle and can't wait to try it once I am back home. I went for the 10.5m as my light wind option, my preferance normally is to use the smallest kite possible as I prefer fast turning kites but if the TRX is as quick as what is adverised I hope I will be getting out alot sooner than i normally do.

In the bag the kite seems quite light compared to 5 strut kites and the centre strut is quite long indicating that the kite is lower aspect to what I normally fly but if it sits forward in the window and has a light bar pressure it will be sweet, I cant wait.

I asked Chris to send it with the 2015 bridle which he made up and sent it with the kite, so it should be extra sweet.

Demoing in WA, sorry havent flown the kite yet but maybe in the new season and if you are proficient I will let you take it for a spin.

Cheers
Rich

richswing
WA, 724 posts
21 Jun 2014 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Warwick,

How does the 7m perform?

If it is super quick and generates power I may have to hang up my beloved NEW OS 7m.

Cheers
Rich

warwickl
NSW, 2216 posts
21 Jun 2014 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

The 7 trx surprised me as I always felt 8 m would be the smallest I would go.

I am 76 kg and ride strapped and strapless surfboards of various sizes and shapes but am a very average skilled kiter.

For me the 7 is an excellent match to the 9 TRX.

Initially I found the 7 way faster than the 8 so detuned it but now with the upgraded bridle all is good.

For wave riding the 7 would be hard to beat and the 9 not far behind.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Argo or TRX when attached to Griffin Chimeras" started by Seeya