Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Dakine Nitrous Shorts

Created by rfw1 > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2010
rfw1
NSW, 120 posts
17 Sep 2010 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

has any one used or tryed the Dakine Nitrous Shorts 2010 i cant use waste harness popped rib years ago have to use seat its ok but these look good does anyone stock these in nsw if so how much $$$ and roughly how long do they last any one know?any bad things about them

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
17 Sep 2010 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Kiteboarding, shorts dont seem to last long, i go through quite a few sets each year. But my harnesses last for 2 or more seasons. So i would think they are a bit of a gimmick. But if you put in the time to look after them replace zipps, buckles and repair stitching as it fails it may be ok. I think they are around the $230 mark so is cheaper than buying a harness and a pair of shorts.

radman4
678 posts
17 Sep 2010 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

rfw1 said...

has any one used or tryed the Dakine Nitrous Shorts 2010 i cant use waste harness popped rib years ago have to use seat its ok but these look good does anyone stock these in nsw if so how much $$$ and roughly how long do they last any one know?any bad things about them

Used to ride in them,and sell them, look better than normal seat nappy, but not as comfortable,so if your into looks over comfort then sweet,they get a bit frayed round the sides after a while but still last quite a while,make shure you grab a spreader pad with them though otherwise youll get gouged.

jaa
1 posts
17 Sep 2010 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

I've used these for a couple of season, work well, one rusty eyelet in pocket everything else still good. For the summertime I wear a pair of wetsuit shorts underneath to cushion the straps around the legs.

rfw1
NSW, 120 posts
17 Sep 2010 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for quick replys guys also do they feel the same as kiting in a seat harness comfort etc nah not worried about looks just the rib thing cant afford stuff it again there never the same again as for seat harnesses yer they just look like your got a big buggie in there but the grannies love it gives them something to talk about while beach walking thanks again

rfw1
NSW, 120 posts
17 Sep 2010 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

ok, all solved

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
17 Sep 2010 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

I used to use the dakine and switched to the liquid force ones. They sit a little higher up so they are midway between a waist and a seat. They're also a little more comfortable and come with the spreaderbar pad.

If you do go for the dakine, make sure you get the spreadbar pad, the uncomfortable as hell without it.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
17 Sep 2010 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Contact Matt (0450-101500) or Vit (0400-408040) in NSW, they both have the LF Boardshorts harness in stock. These harnesses provide excellent support especially for those with back problems, or when you are riding long distance.

rfw1 said...

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
18 Sep 2010 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

used them for a while but they use to bruise the inside of my thighs and put a heap of tension on my lower back when going toeside on a surfboard made toeside upwind tack difficult to say the least not my preferred choice in the waves if you are unstrapped ......the spreader pad is an absolute must
cheers

myusernam
QLD, 6123 posts
20 Sep 2010 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

SurfConnect said...

Contact Matt (0450-101500) or Vit (0400-408040) in NSW, they both have the LF Boardshorts harness in stock. These harnesses provide excellent support especially for those with back problems, or when you are riding long distance.

Select to expand quote
rfw1 said...

[/quote

i just looked on the liquid force website and couldnt find the shorts harnesses. Why aren't they on the website under harnesses?

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
20 Sep 2010 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

This is what the 2010's look like. Not sure why there isn't a 2011 boardshorts on the website (or a seat harness for that matter). I don't think they would have discontinued them

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
21 Sep 2010 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

To be uploaded but we have all sizes in stock.

myusernam said...

SurfConnect said...

Select to expand quote
rfw1 said...

[/quote

i just looked on the liquid force website and couldnt find the shorts harnesses. Why aren't they on the website under harnesses?

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
21 Sep 2010 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

SurfConnect said...

To be uploaded but we have all sizes in stock.

myusernam said...

SurfConnect said...

Select to expand quote
rfw1 said...

[/quote

Any major changes from the previous models?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Dakine Nitrous Shorts" started by rfw1