Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ozone C4-2015

Created by niko77 > 9 months ago, 30 Jul 2014
Quillis
NSW, 4 posts
17 Nov 2014 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

I think the C4 has gorn down hill ever since 2012, the profile of the kite has headed more towards an RPM shape, it's just another bridled freeride "C" kite now, no chance of slack.

Ozone need to make a proper 5th line C kite like SS have Fuel and RPM, make the C4 the rpm of the line up.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
17 Nov 2014 12:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Quillis said..
I think the C4 has gorn down hill ever since 2012, the profile of the kite has headed more towards an RPM shape, it's just another bridled freeride "C" kite now, no chance of slack.

Ozone need to make a proper 5th line C kite like SS have Fuel and RPM, make the C4 the rpm of the line up.

yep ozone 5th line c kite would be sick! Quality and performance. Over my Naish lines and octopus system but i still wouldn't trade it for the slack it gives. common ozone!

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
5 Dec 2014 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

OZGrominet
VIC, 10 posts
30 Dec 2014 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Any news ? It looks like everybody went cat this year.... In melbourne i ve seen zephir, reo, and couple of cats.... But no c4

Greggor
QLD, 191 posts
30 Dec 2014 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

I got my 12m C4 about a 2 weeks ago, I get the 9m in mid Jan, Just trying to go through the variety of settings to see what i like the best but the wind has gone to s*** in QLD only had 3 light wind sessions so far about 14-17knotts im 80kg on a 136x42, Its got a nice low end in the wakestyle setting on the bridle just have to be careful about the kite Hindenburging on me when the kite is at 12 and i sink back in the water in light winds. Tracks upwind as well and has enough line slack for a beginner in wakestyle like me. Have done a few kiteloops and they have a nice and consistent pull through the turn, also got spanked on a few that didnt quite make it

When i demoed Kitepowers 11m C4 it was a good 20-23 knots and I got great height in my jumps with it, not amazingly floaty obviously and required good technique to land smoothly but was defiantly a fun kite to jump with, need one of those woo devices to record jump height before i start boasting too much

Love the Ozone bar, nice and simple, works well.

AntoineS
NSW, 122 posts
1 Jan 2015 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Been riding the 9 and 12 for about a month now, and super stoked with them! I'm very fussy about bar pressure, power delivery and direct feel, and Ozone an amazing job this year again! Riding with the default wakestyle and middle pressure settings the new 38cm bar makes the 9 a dream, but I also find myself as happy to fly the 12 (on the 45cm) as it somehow feels "smaller" in the hands this year. I guess the D2 cloth is stiffer and make them more crisp and reactive.
The warm flat water and consistent wind of New Caledonia probably helps too, but I do feel more comfortable pushing my unhooked skills harder, seriously can't get enough of them!

AntoineS
NSW, 122 posts
1 Jan 2015 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

And they look awesome too!

AntoineS
NSW, 122 posts
1 Jan 2015 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Some more shots:

Had fun comparing the Edge and C4 back to back in 30+ knots, the Edge is like an elevator that floats forever but a bit harder to control when landing while the C4 kicks you in the butt big time then goes back down quicker but easier to downloop and land smoothly!

By the way I am a team rider for Kitepower Australia, and out of all their kites the C4 is definitely my favourite. I encourage everyone to give it a try even if you're not a hardcore wakestyler (I'm not), as it just feels so good when just cruising or boosting.

Happy New Year everyone!

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
17 Jan 2015 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

New video by Patrick Blanc riding Ozone 2015 C4's in Cape Town recently

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ozone C4-2015" started by niko77