Forums > Kitesurfing Tasmania

The Ducks Nuts September 26th - 28th 2014 STANLEY

Created by TKSA > 9 months ago, 14 Aug 2014
TKSA
TAS, 41 posts
14 Aug 2014 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Well how about we make a date! Great idea says captain mad duck, lets get on this kite-boarding caper and go camping at Peggs Beach or Black River campground! Yeeoooww!

Pretty simple, as always, it's a gathering of like minded kiters, keen to have fun, pitch a tent, share a story, light a fire, cook a snag and possibly even go kiting. It's a gathering, not a comp, kite within your own abilities.

Previous years have been epic all time events, helped as always, by Stanleys ability to have a kite able spot in any wind direction.

Downwinders in nuking conditions to flat water trickery in sub 20knots, you never know what you'll get, so keep an eye on the forecasts and remember to join TKSA!

Stay tuned for possible inclusions such as; A Kite instructor, the new TKSA Boom Box Trailer and BBQ, a large red buoy, prizes like t-shirts, sunnies and stickers! Woo hoo ! Join TKSA and help pay for the little tralier that can.

www.tksa.org.au

dougalh
TAS, 74 posts
15 Aug 2014 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

is that last photo on the north coast? didn't realise you got waves ;)

elhucko
TAS, 253 posts
17 Aug 2014 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Nice video.
Would love to join u guys, but I am at home in Germany, and all my gear at "home" in Tassie.

brady
TAS, 451 posts
17 Aug 2014 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

I will be on Rottnest Island that weekend. Definitely with kids, hopefully with kite

greggyd
TAS, 183 posts
19 Aug 2014 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Booked myself in for a GRand final trip to the shack with school lads that weekend so alas I, and my megaphone will be unable to attend.

funkyllama
TAS, 308 posts
23 Aug 2014 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

I might need to relearn how to kite again for this!!

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
15 Sep 2014 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hey - I'm pretty keen for this. Still heading up?

brady
TAS, 451 posts
16 Sep 2014 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Ducks is definitley still happening

Chris has almost completed his spit roast to really help gourmet things up.

Hopefully that will be the only spitroasting for the weekend

tyro
TAS, 29 posts
23 Sep 2014 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hi All

The black river camping area is open for business at the other end of Peggs (its the second camping area after you go past pt latta, if your heading towards Stanley) The Peggs Beach camping area is closed till Nov 1st (according to the sign at the camp ground, checked this morning)

Hopefully the wind forecast improves for Fri & Sat, Sunday looks ok, have mainly been kiting around Stanley with a light wind kite and a 12m on the odd occasion over the last few months. Fingers crossed that the wind is better than predicted.

KiteDevil
TAS, 778 posts
23 Sep 2014 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Peggs beach end should be the go, parks usually drop the chain if we ask nicely!

some mention of a pig eating festival Friday and a sup fishing comp at Stanley wharf on Saturday.

Please pay your camping fees when you arrive to keep parks happy!

yeowww!

KiteDevil
TAS, 778 posts
25 Sep 2014 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Crap light winds forecast Friday, might be ok Saturday arvo for a kite and then a howling full frontal mega extreme Sunday session should happen.

forecast is for a front Sunday arvo at this stage so take care, watch the clouds and don't kite it if your unsure, it's gunna be hectic! 30-40kn yeooowww!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Tasmania

"The Ducks Nuts September 26th - 28th 2014 STANLEY" started by TKSA