2007 42ft Adams for sale.

Created by Windjana > 9 months ago, 13 Feb 2017
Windjana
WA, 396 posts
13 Feb 2017 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys.
We have decided to sell NowandZen.
Please see attached link if interested and email, phone or PM me for more info.
Cheers!

http://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/adams-40/195162

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
13 Feb 2017 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Hang on mate!! You said you have a 5 year window before grand kids come along. You are not allowed to sell that yacht for another 4 years.

GKandCC
NSW, 218 posts
13 Feb 2017 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Have you ever considered that she sits quite low in the water, or does it just seem this way to me?

Agent nods
622 posts
13 Feb 2017 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GKandCC said..
Have you ever considered that she sits quite low in the water, or does it just seem this way to me?

From my experience most Adams sit fairly low in the water, I inspected a Adams 40 on the weekend, and it was similar. good for center of gravity, maybe a bit wetter at times.

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
13 Feb 2017 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GKandCC said..

You are correct, she does sit low in the water - as many traditional designs do.
She also has a 3.6m beam as opposed to 4.2m or even wider on more modern designs,which allows for a higher freeboard I guess.
There are advantages and disadvantages to each type of design, but Joe Adams must have known what he was doing to be so successful as a yacht designer.
I guess this thread will now morph into discussing traditional vs newer designs!

jbear
NSW, 115 posts
13 Feb 2017 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

I guess the rub-rail makes her look low sided too? Nice fair and straight chines and hull .And yes Joe designs didn't have high free-board for obvious reasons of windage and side-on wave impact . Sensible cruising design . The "Flying footpath ' Helsal wasn't high sided either.

Cheers Bear

Madmouse
394 posts
13 Feb 2017 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

That is an exceptional finish!

twodogs1969
NSW, 1000 posts
13 Feb 2017 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

People put crap on Adams designs similarly to Endeavours . Funny how many of them are about must be some reason they are popular.

Jode5
QLD, 853 posts
13 Feb 2017 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Looks a good buy for someone who wants a great cruising yacht

Donk107
TAS, 2446 posts
13 Feb 2017 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Now and Zen

She is a lovely boat and i wouldn't mind if she was mine

I don't suppose you are interested in a Sailmaster as a part payment

Are you looking at buying something else or giving the sailing away

Regards Don

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
13 Feb 2017 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Don.
We are from WA and for personal reasons, are thinking of heading back home again.
Things don't always work out how you would like hey!

FreeRadical
WA, 855 posts
13 Feb 2017 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful boat!

However, putting it nicely, I think the comment in the add comparing to the Cheeki Rafiki is not needed.

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
13 Feb 2017 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FreeRadical said..
Beautiful boat!

However, putting it nicely, I think the comment in the add comparing to the Cheeki Rafiki is not needed.

Thanks FR, no worries!

DrRog
NSW, 605 posts
13 Feb 2017 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

I'm sorry to hear this, N&Z.

I hope your 'personal reasons' are not too severe and things go as well as possible.

southace
SA, 4776 posts
13 Feb 2017 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

My adams 42 is the Joe adams original design. Haven't seen a wave come over the deck yet. The Joe/Radford centre cockpit does have low free board but will punch through it with ease. Now n zen is a amazing yacht I did a delivery on her 12 months ago and she's bullet proof. Unfortantly it's hard to buy a good boat and hard to sell a good boat!

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
13 Feb 2017 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

i see you are hanging in Port Macquarie at the current time ! noticed you anchored downtown !

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
14 Feb 2017 5:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said..
i see you are hanging in Port Macquarie at the current time ! noticed you anchored downtown !

Yeah mate, that's you on the "hunk of junk" hey?
Today we are going to top up water, anchor in the river (and get out of your way!) then head out tomorrow for Forster/Tuncurry.
Plan to be in Lake Mac for some fun sailing by the weekend hopefully.
Then start heading back to be in Cairns by May...... unless someone buys the boat by then.

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
14 Feb 2017 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

ha yep ..just like a 22ton 2.8m draft yacht which it kind of is ..the sail is sitting in the owners garage thank christ ! interesting cruise the other night ..just a small tailwind to contend with !!lol !
you probably already know but the bar crossing is a fair bit easier towards or right at the top or in the first hour of runout before the current kicks in ....been hooking back through there with the previous full moon tides great for surfing not so great for boating ..around 12ish tomorrow i think

whiteout
QLD, 264 posts
14 Feb 2017 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Love to buy Now and Zen but cannot part with my Adams 35 steel round bilge beauty they are a good buy and great sea boat the "Adams Tribe" the freeboard is a lovely "Conventional Sheer Line" absent from the current production spit out boats.

BJRob
NSW, 251 posts
14 Feb 2017 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

What a beautiful boat.
If I win OZ lotto tonight I will buy her off you and you can leave her on my mooring in Lake Mac.

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
14 Feb 2017 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BJRobinson said..
What a beautiful boat.
If I win OZ lotto tonight I will buy her off you and you can leave her on my mooring in Lake Mac.

DEAL!!

BJRob
NSW, 251 posts
16 Feb 2017 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NowandZen said..

BJRobinson said..
What a beautiful boat.

DEAL!!

sorry, I didn't win!! I will keep buying tickets till you get to Lake Mac. You never know

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"2007 42ft Adams for sale." started by Windjana