WA, 60 posts
16 Jan 2016 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stevetheadven said..

Yara said..

stevetheadven said..

Yara said..
Ah, Steve, I feel your pain. Divorce is never easy.

It all started so beautifully, she was young, bright, desirable, and satisfied your every need. She took you to places you'd never been, gave you experiences that satisfied your wildest desires. She lept in the air at the touch of your fingertips, and you danced together across dappled sunsets. You still love her, but now, you have grown, and you want a different experience. Losing her will hurt. You loved her so much, and you still love her, but now you have new desires and needs.

Perhaps now is the time to part, and let her give the same pleasure to another man, while you seek a new lady which will satisfy your latest desires. An older lady, perhaps not so light and pretty, but strong and trustworthy, and one that will look after you when trouble strikes. One that will hold you in her bosom, and protect you when you are feeling awful. One that may not provide the dazzling delights of youth, and the vibrating pleasures of speed and power, but one that will slowly take you to new heights and new adventures and new challenges.

Take heart young Steve, do the deed, and move forward to your new adventure with a lady who will be there when you really need her.

gday Yara
u crack me up ... BUT BUT BUT i dont want to divorce her just yet she is new , pretty, fast 22knots ,turns out she's just a bit soft she's beautiful lamo
cheers

Then love her for what she is. Dont force her into places she does not want to go, and way out of her comfort zone. If you do, she may divorce you in a way that could be deadly....

lmao u sound o.k cheers

Gday Yara
Just out of interest, if i was to divorce my beautiful little girl for an older woman what would be the best ones to aim for in the 27 to 30 foot ocean going mark. Do u or any of the other girls & guys have suggestions and around pricing
p.s nothing that the bloody keel is going to snap off and turn turtle
cheers

theselkie
QLD, 555 posts
16 Jan 2016 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stevetheadven said..
Gday Yara
Just out of interest, if i was to divorce my beautiful little girl for an older woman what would be the best ones to aim for in the 27 to 30 foot ocean going mark. Do u or any of the other girls & guys have suggestions and around pricing
cheers

stevetheadven

there is a perfectly good thread currently underway covering this very topic! Please see: 'Comfortable seaworthy 25-30 foot yacht' started by MB.

Just out of interest, how long have you had your Mac? What made you decide to buy a Mac?

Kind regards
Trace

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
17 Jan 2016 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theselkie said..

stevetheadven said..
Gday Yara
cheers

stevetheadven

there is a perfectly good thread currently underway covering this very topic! Please see: 'Comfortable seaworthy 25-30 foot yacht' started by MB.

Just out of interest, how long have you had your Mac? What made you decide to buy a Mac?

Kind regards
Trace

Gday Trace
Bought her brand new 2 yrs ago fully optioned auto pilot ,ray marine electronics ect ,.the reason why i bought a macgregor ,
she's brand new just over 65k on trailer complete .
trailerable no mooring fees don't have to worry about her breaking away from a mooring .
if i need to work on her she's it in the back yard .
she doubles up as a fast cruiser just take off the mast and cruise around at 22 knots .
shes very different the the rest of the pack ,the only sailboat that can tow a water skier .
as i mentioned on previous treads i was taken in by all the above the only factor i did not allow for she's lightly built
I will have a look at that topic ( comfortable seaworthy 25 -30 ) cheers
steve

twodogs1969
NSW, 1000 posts
18 Jan 2016 3:13AM
Thumbs Up

Gday Yara
cheers

Carter 30 cruiser \ racer yacht Kubota diesel,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gembrook/sail-boats/carter-30-cruiser-racer-yacht-kubota-diesel/1101271038

Buy this and sail the oppersite way

slammin
QLD, 994 posts
18 Jan 2016 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

Just being pedantic BUT there are sail boats that can tow water skiers without using a big outboard..... Just saying!

DAMA
QLD, 239 posts
18 Jan 2016 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

slammin said..

Just being pedantic BUT there are sail boats that can tow water skiers without using a big outboard..... Just saying!

Or even wake boarding

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
18 Jan 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DAMA said..

slammin said..

Or even wake board
DAMA said..

slammin said..

Or even wake boarding

UUUMMM o.k point taken lol cheers

madmission
VIC, 234 posts
18 Jan 2016 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Steve
Check this out

But if you can do it for $65k you are probarly doin ok

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
18 Jan 2016 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
madmission said..
Steve
Check this out

But if you can do it for $65k you are probarly doin ok

Gday Madmission
I stand corrected that was awesome i maybe should of said a monohull for the dollars lol cheers
p.s quick boat nice

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
18 Jan 2016 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
twodogs1969 said..

Gday Yara
cheers

GDAY twodogs 1969 lol
I had a look on that site looked great on the outside but just a bit rough on her inside ,strong boat 3cm of solid glass on the bottom ,makes my baby look weak cheers
steve

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
19 Jan 2016 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

felixdcat said..
Not with asingle hull but with 50 k you could get that
http://yachthub.com/list/boats-for-sale/used/trailer-boats/corsair-f-24-mkii-trailerable-trimaran/148806

Not sure about the creature comfort down below! But sure to be fun to sail!

GDAY felixdcat
I seen one of these corsairs in the dawesville cut i was dead in the water and the corsair would of been doing at least 5 knots past me under sail incredible boat but i think a bit cramped . cheers

YellowFever
1 posts
20 Jan 2016 12:55AM
Thumbs Up

Steve, I normally ignore these forums but I feel it is necessary here for the sake of duty of care.

Forget all questions of suitability of the boat for now, and lets look at the suitability of the skipper. If I read this forum correctly you have limited coastal experience and limited navigation experience. These are remote locations, they do have some of the strongest tides in the world and some of the most challenging rocky reef outcrops in the country.

If things go wrong, they go very wrong. Also in that part of the world, the knee jerk saying is that you fall in there is no point in the boat coming back to pick you us as the Sharks will get to you first. It only takes only look over the side of an offshore vessel in tropical waters at night to understand this.

The strongest recommendation I can give you is to give serious thought to navigation courses, RYA now offer online courses that will help prepare you and there are numerous coastal skipper training providers who can better prepare you for what is, in all essence a dangerous voyage. Although you state coastal cruising is the aim, if you get stuck on a lee shore, the outcome will be far worse than what happened to M3 and help will be alot further away. You should probably start to learn to understand the indications of different weather patterns.

You need to properly prepare for this voyage, significant firstaid kit, full electronic charts, paper bakups and know how to use them, know how to take a fix using only a compass and boat heading.

Once you have the necessary skills to understand the impact of the trip then it is time to look at seaworthiness of the boat. Yacht racing has good standards that will help to define typical minimum safety requirements. These are worth reviewing and applying to your boat. It would be well worth going on an extended voyage in a strong seabreeze to test the boat. Wait for a good 24 knot seabreeze to come in and head south to Bunbury, this will prepare you for what you are in for.

It is great to dream of adventure but also do it with your eyes wide open. The sea is full of people who set off with a romantic ideal never to come back, but with proper planning, and good experience, then you can make the right decisions. For me, I am fortunate enough to have a yachtmaster ticket to my name, have spent a large degree of my working life offshore, and done many miles under sail at sea. If I was to attempt this trip, the Mac26 would not be a choice I would make. There are faster, more comfortable and more seaworthy options to consider, I would compare it to driving a mini moke around the country because you like the fresh air.

Think your next step carefully.

BlueMoon
865 posts
20 Jan 2016 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

Welcome to the forum YF, great first post.

Boat capsized a few days ago near Dampier, with the loss of life. Not sure what type of boat it was. www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-17/second-body-found-after-boat-capsizes-in-wa/7094040

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
20 Jan 2016 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

BlueMoon said..
Welcome to the forum YF, great first post.

Boat capsized a few days ago near Dampier, with the loss of life. Not sure what type of boat it was. www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-17/second-body-found-after-boat-capsizes-in-wa/7094040

Yes seen that on the news 2 fisherman in a powerboat travelling out befor dawn and hit a rocky outcrop very sad !

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
20 Jan 2016 11:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
YellowFever said..
Steve, I normally ignore these forums but I feel it is necessary here for the sake of duty of care.

Forget all questions of suitability of the boat for now, and lets look at the suitability of the skipper. If I read this forum correctly you have limited coastal experience and limited navigation experience. These are remote locations, they do have some of the strongest tides in the world and some of the most challenging rocky reef outcrops in the country.

If things go wrong, they go very wrong. Also in that part of the world, the knee jerk saying is that you fall in there is no point in the boat coming back to pick you us as the Sharks will get to you first. It only takes only look over the side of an offshore vessel in tropical waters at night to understand this.

The strongest recommendation I can give you is to give serious thought to navigation courses, RYA now offer online courses that will help prepare you and there are numerous coastal skipper training providers who can better prepare you for what is, in all essence a dangerous voyage. Although you state coastal cruising is the aim, if you get stuck on a lee shore, the outcome will be far worse than what happened to M3 and help will be alot further away. You should probably start to learn to understand the indications of different weather patterns.

You need to properly prepare for this voyage, significant firstaid kit, full electronic charts, paper bakups and know how to use them, know how to take a fix using only a compass and boat heading.

Once you have the necessary skills to understand the impact of the trip then it is time to look at seaworthiness of the boat. Yacht racing has good standards that will help to define typical minimum safety requirements. These are worth reviewing and applying to your boat. It would be well worth going on an extended voyage in a strong seabreeze to test the boat. Wait for a good 24 knot seabreeze to come in and head south to Bunbury, this will prepare you for what you are in for.

It is great to dream of adventure but also do it with your eyes wide open. The sea is full of people who set off with a romantic ideal never to come back, but with proper planning, and good experience, then you can make the right decisions. For me, I am fortunate enough to have a yachtmaster ticket to my name, have spent a large degree of my working life offshore, and done many miles under sail at sea. If I was to attempt this trip, the Mac26 would not be a choice I would make. There are faster, more comfortable and more seaworthy options to consider, I would compare it to driving a mini moke around the country because you like the fresh air.

Think your next step carefully.

GDAY YellowFever
Thanks for your input ,dont really know where to start ?
I have owned the Mac 26 for just over two yrs in that time the longest time on my boat as been about a week the furthest i have been offshore was about 15 to 20 miles in winds of about 25 knots covering distance in that time down to bunbury and back. i have made an appointment to go see a yachtmaster at hillarys boat harbour to get his expert opinion as i have done on this forum with mixed results ,there in nothing set in stone as yet but i have done as much as i can around perth waters .I have all the safety equipment including 2x epirbs ,first aid kit, pfd , safety harness and a life line 25 meters long that hangs out the back as a last resort .
i think a lot of people have the wrong idea of what i would like to do ,i have lived a lot of years because i'm extremely cautious with everything i do whether flying or sailing
Still thinking of every step
cheers

Yara
NSW, 1265 posts
21 Jan 2016 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

i'm extremely cautious with everything i do whether flying or sailing

Would you fly a Piper Cub into a thunderstorm?

stevetheadven
WA, 60 posts
21 Jan 2016 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Yara said..
i'm extremely cautious with everything i do whether flying or sailing

Would you fly a Piper Cub into a thunderstorm?

Around lol cheers

FreeRadical
WA, 855 posts
31 Jan 2016 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Quick trip up the WA coast with this weather!

Jolene
WA, 1572 posts
31 Jan 2016 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Buys Ballot's law,,,, classic

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"MACGREGOR 26" started by stevetheadven