Forums > Sailing General

Need a Navman 3100 Multi screen

Created by sirgallivant > 9 months ago, 4 May 2017
sirgallivant
NSW, 1531 posts
4 May 2017 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

I am pretty desperate to get a screen for my 3100 Multi.
Please check in your shed, you might have one lying around.
(i need a working one, of course)

Bushdog
SA, 309 posts
5 May 2017 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

This info might help?

sirgallivant
NSW, 1531 posts
6 May 2017 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Unfortunately it is not the problem. It is much more serious.
The display screen itself is ok.
The problem is with the functions. It showed depth, started flickering for awhile then disappeared. Gone. No depth since. The function buttons are not working, could not change the settings. I got the manual but could not work the changes because of the control buttons are not functioning. Could not even change the light setting from high to low or none.
However, l got temperature reading so the transducer is fine. So is the impeller for water speed, just could not change from GPS speed to water speed because the malfunction of the buttons.
(Trek! Where are you!???)

grich62
QLD, 668 posts
7 May 2017 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sirgallivant said..
Unfortunately it is not the problem. It is much more serious.
The display screen itself is ok.
The problem is with the functions. It showed depth, started flickering for awhile then disappeared. Gone. No depth since. The function buttons are not working, could not change the settings. I got the manual but could not work the changes because of the control buttons are not functioning. Could not even change the light setting from high to low or none.
However, l got temperature reading so the transducer is fine. So is the impeller for water speed, just could not change from GPS speed to water speed because the malfunction of the buttons.
(Trek! Where are you!???)

i have got naveman buttons to work again by taking the unit apart and carefully cleaning the contacts,if this works it will only work for a little while.as the corrosion will come back.you would be better to replace the entire system as they Really are crap and will let you down when you most need it. ps i know this is expensive but loosing a boat or crew is worse.

Trek
NSW, 1149 posts
8 May 2017 1:19AM
Thumbs Up

You might be lucky and its only faulty buttons. Bring it out to Parra sometime and we can put it on the operating table.

RLH55
6 posts
16 Aug 2017 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Are the poly connectors available in Australia?

mossie
VIC, 13 posts
6 Sep 2017 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

I bought a $5 led screen from Jaycar a year ago and pulled the foam out and installed it in Navman 3100, it now works like new.
Mossie

sirgallivant
NSW, 1531 posts
6 Sep 2017 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

The screen was changed and it worked fine afterwards for months.
Then it started going crook.
I would rather have a working display with connecting cables bought, than mucking around with it being electrically challenged.

I am sure there is one out there waiting for me, just gotta get lucky.

Is there a good Samaritan out there with a working 3100 display which l could borrow for a day to establish the working order of my water speed sensor and transducer?
It would be a godsend to know, that as if the sensors are crooked, l would replace the whole shooting match while if not, l would try to get the unit repaired.

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2539 posts
6 Sep 2017 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mossie said..
I bought a $5 led screen from Jaycar a year ago and pulled the foam out and installed it in Navman 3100, it now works like new.
Mossie

You lucky bastard Mossie, I did the same thing and the little screens had changed the design where the edge connector like depicted in the video was removed!
I ended up raiding the kids toy room and gutted Mr Robot, the kids are still wondering what happened to it.

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"Need a Navman 3100 Multi screen" started by sirgallivant