Created by nobodyat > 9 months ago, 27 Jun 2016
This topic has been locked
HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
21 Jul 2016 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nswsailor said...
Hope I haven't also added to any of "her" problems and if I am also barking up the wrong tree, apologies in advance.

But can't help thinking Fiji, did we have a problem with going to Fiji some time ago

Cf and humidity problem regardless of that I'd be dropping in there and check my boat if it was me
I guess I'd do a full restoration while I was there
And pick those two beers Japie owns me

nswsailor
NSW, 1434 posts
21 Jul 2016 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said..

nswsailor said...
Hope I haven't also added to any of "her" problems and if I am also barking up the wrong tree, apologies in advance.

But can't help thinking Fiji, did we have a problem with going to Fiji some time ago

Cf and humidity problem regardless of that I'd be dropping in there and check my boat if it was me
I guess I'd do a full restoration while I was there
And pick those two beers Japie owns me

I think there was a bit of concrete involved HGO2 might be before your time here

Yara
NSW, 1275 posts
21 Jul 2016 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Toph said..
Her posting were only spasmodic at best anyway, and it has only been a week since her last post. Maybe she is busy with her repairs. But I am in the doubters camp.

I have asked Laurie to look into it a little further as it seems her IP address has been used in the last few hours.

If you are using data on a satellite phone your IP address would be dynamic and variable, would it not?

Toph
WA, 1839 posts
21 Jul 2016 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nswsailor said..

I think there was a bit of concrete involved HGO2 might be before your time here

Nooooo..... She didn't shack up with Lenny did she.....? At least her boat started off seaworthy. Didn't sound like it by the time she was abeam Fiji though..

Toph
WA, 1839 posts
21 Jul 2016 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Yara said..

Toph said..
Her posting were only spasmodic at best anyway, and it has only been a week since her last post. Maybe she is busy with her repairs. But I am in the doubters camp.

I have asked Laurie to look into it a little further as it seems her IP address has been used in the last few hours.

If you are using data on a satellite phone your IP address would be dynamic and variable, would it not?

Yes it appears it is Yara..

NorthlandRadio
4 posts
21 Jul 2016 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi

Peter from maritime coast station Northland Radio ZMH292 based in the Bay of Islands NZ.

northlandradio.nz/

Does anybody have name and phone number for the sys admin for this forum?

Toph
WA, 1839 posts
21 Jul 2016 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NorthlandRadio said..
Hi

Peter from maritime coast station Northland Radio ZMH292 based in the Bay of Islands NZ.

northlandradio.nz/

Hi Peter,
I will ask Laurie to get in touch with you directly.

NorthlandRadio
4 posts
21 Jul 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Appreciated.

nswsailor
NSW, 1434 posts
21 Jul 2016 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

OK, now it's starting to get serious.

I hope this turns out to be a hoax because if it isn't we need to put in place something that rings the alarm bells as soon as we get this sort of post in the future.

While we do help each other, this sort of help should have gone to those who do it as a practice at sea in remote areas.

On that I am guilty, as we all probably are, even if apparently some of us were communicating by email [to Geelong?] this should have been passed on immediately,

not some weeks later.

NorthlandRadio
4 posts
21 Jul 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NorthlandRadio said..
Appreciated.

Select to expand quote
Toph said..

NorthlandRadio said..
Hi

northlandradio.nz/

Hi Peter,
I will ask Laurie to get in touch with you directly.

Hi Toph,

I received an email from Laurie asking how he could help me and I replied, but so far no acknowledgment or means to contact him directly.

Please ask him to call RCCNZ (Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand) on +64 4 577 8030, email RCCNZ1@maritimenz.govt.nz urgently.

McNaughtical
NSW, 908 posts
21 Jul 2016 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

I wasn't alarmed initially as she said she was going to concentrate on comms with NZ till she got there.

sirgallivant
NSW, 1531 posts
21 Jul 2016 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Is this DCAC 1969 revisited?

MorningBird
NSW, 2662 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McNaughtical said...
I wasn't alarmed initially as she said she was going to concentrate on comms with NZ till she got there.

She supposedly had Comms here so it isn't a matter of concentrating on one or the other. You could do both in minutes.
I have a feel this is a hoax. If it isn't there isn't much that can be done except alert AMSA of a possible missing boat.

southace
SA, 4776 posts
21 Jul 2016 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sectorsteve said..

Toph said...

IP address probably from geelong...

What makes you think it's from Geelong?

Who and why has someone contacted NZ regarding her safety?

Can someone post her Lat and Long position on here?

She states she's flying home to France with her Father?

Mc naughtical how have you been communicating with her? Via email , Facebook or just PM on seabreeze?

My friend tryed to sail from Tassie to NZ with his 85 year old mother......they returned back to Tassie 3 weeks later after a storm and engine problems.....it's not impossible for people to go of the radar for long periods.

Sectorsteve
QLD, 2195 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southace said..

Sectorsteve said..

Toph said...

Mc naughtical how have you been communicating with her? Via email , Facebook or just PM on seabreeze?

My friend tryed to sail from Tassie to NZ with his 85 year old mother......they returned back to Tassie 3 weeks later after a storm and engine problems.....it's not impossible for people to go of the radar for long periods.

Good points SA.
Im guilty of the geelong thing cause there was an old poster here from geelong who was a stirrer….

You're totally right, and you would know SA. i think we can all understand that people go of the radar when sailing offshore.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southace said..

Sectorsteve said..

Toph said...

Thank you all for the infos, good effort HGO2 but I fell asleep half way through. TKX FR, customs was my next question. Log 2 hours ago. Pos:S25* 2' 16 1861". E172* 52' 51 0938". SOG 15.5kts. SOW 14kts. Set: N 1.5kts. Sea state: moderate. Wind: W19kts. Waves: NNW. Clouds: 5 oct hight. Temp: 16 C. Weather Radar: something is brewing to the SW. BS: good. Fuel: 3/4. Water: 870L. Wine: 8btls out of 12. Running out of sugar, plenty of honey. Sails: asymmetric on the pole to port and small sollent sail . main 2 reefs. Hoping to pass Burnt Pine before Saturday morning as the winds will come from W/SW, exactly what I did not want. Still happy as pig in ****. TKX for keeping in touch, Cheers LJ

Above from page three in this thread

southace
SA, 4776 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

I will try to screen shot that position from navionics but it would be far easer if someone could do it from open cpn or likewise. I suspect somewhere behind Fiji in phone range.

Guitz
VIC, 611 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Here is the position from google earth:
25° 2'16.18"S
172°52'51.41"E

Yara
NSW, 1275 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

I was the one who alerted RCCNZ. I gave them the link to this thread and left it up to them to decide what to do with the information. There is no reason IMHO to believe that LJ was a hoax.
She was clear that she wanted to get to NZ for expert carbon fibre repairs. If she entered NZ the authorities would know. Their SR area goes all the way up to New Caledonia, so if she turned back they will also know.
The vessel was a lightweight flyer, heading into some pretty bad weather. Its a catamaran.
Lets hope she turned around and is back in Noumea or Fiji.

southace
SA, 4776 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

It makes sense she would have been coming from New Caledonia I think at this stage is unfair that some have called this a hoax. Why would someone hoax all that stuff. That position could be a month easy away from NZ .

Guitz
VIC, 611 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

On the 30th she posted sheltering behind Drala. I'm not sure where Darla is but i presumed it was in Fiji?

Sectorsteve
QLD, 2195 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Wheres drala?

keensailor
NSW, 699 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

My 2 cents is I don't think it's a hoax. I think we will find she is holed up somewhere and for whatever reason has lost data Comms.

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

She had a shredded main , broken fore stay , and needed carbon repairs . Was noting 8 bottles of wine in locker . was still managing 14 knts . single handing a nearly 50 foot cat , if she is real she is a mighty woman .

sirgallivant
NSW, 1531 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

saintpeter
VIC, 122 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Mes amies,
Cela a certainement vous tous obtenu dans une mousse. J'étais tellement préoccupé que je levai les yeux vers sa position dans l'atlas mondial. Voilà exactement où je laisserais tomber une épingle si je rêvais jusqu'à un voyage imaginaire. Je pense que nous devrions laisser la recherche aux adultes. Pour ceux qui veulent en faire plus, on me dit que la grêle mary sont favorables en France en ce moment. Je peux être droit, je peux me tromper, mais vous avez bien me divertir.

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
saintpeter said..
Mes amies,
Cela a certainement vous tous obtenu dans une mousse. J'étais tellement préoccupé que je levai les yeux vers sa position dans l'atlas mondial. Voilà exactement où je laisserais tomber une épingle si je rêvais jusqu'à un voyage imaginaire. Je pense que nous devrions laisser la recherche aux adultes. Pour ceux qui veulent en faire plus, on me dit que la grêle mary sont favorables en France en ce moment. Je peux être droit, je peux me tromper, mais vous avez bien me divertir.

and serve with your wine of choice ......... bonapi tit

Sectorsteve
QLD, 2195 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SandS said...

She had a shredded main , broken fore stay , and needed carbon repairs . Was noting 8 bottles of wine in locker . was still managing 14 knts . single handing a nearly 50 foot cat , if she is real she is a mighty woman .

And wanted to push on....

southace
SA, 4776 posts
21 Jul 2016 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Translate ^ boot this guy!

My friends , this is certainly all of you got into a lather . I was so worried that I looked up his position in the world atlas . This is exactly where I would drop a pin so I dreamed up an imaginary journey . I think we should leave research to adults. For those who want to do more, I was told that the hail mary favor in France at the moment. I may be right , I may be wrong, but you have to entertain myself .

Sectorsteve
QLD, 2195 posts
21 Jul 2016 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southace said...
Translate ^ boot this guy!

My friends , this is certainly all of you got into a lather . I was so worried that I looked up his position in the world atlas . This is exactly where I would drop a pin so I dreamed up an imaginary journey . I think we should leave research to adults. For those who want to do more, I was told that the hail mary favor in France at the moment. I may be right , I may be wrong, but you have to entertain myself .

Grammars a bit dodgy sa...English please!

Subscribe
Topic Is Locked

This topic has been locked

Forums > Sailing General

"Passage to Australia" started by nobodyat