Waking Up on a Pogo 12.5.

Created by cisco > 9 months ago, 1 Sep 2016
dralyagmas
SA, 380 posts
5 Sep 2016 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

shaggybaxter said..
G'day Twodogs,
No issue at all mate, I enjoy your posts.
Dralyagmas, here is a couple of pics to give you an idea mate.
[URL= .html]
[URL= .html]
This is the fuel tank area that Cisco was referring too.
[URL= .html]

Interior looks a lot like a Bene First 40. Nice and comfortable. However as a race boat probably rates like crap (happy to be corrected) but would be a lovely fast coastal cruising boat. Very nice

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2539 posts
5 Sep 2016 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

You're right, IRC punishes this style of boat, rating would equate to north of 1.1. The design philosophy is simple, to make a fast, short handed capable passage maker that is comfortable. It's as simple as that.
Lucky I don't race for tin cups, I race because I enjoy playing with other boats and improving my skills.

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
5 Sep 2016 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

If you get line honours but come last on handicap, who gives a damn. You still won the race.

boty
QLD, 685 posts
5 Sep 2016 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cisco said..

If you get line honours but come last on handicap, who gives a damn. You still won the race.

are checkbook sailors the sailmakers friend

FreeRadical
WA, 855 posts
5 Sep 2016 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

I'm just waiting for the "cruising" fit out version of this! Perfect for a couple in a hurry! I can just picture myself and my wife up on the bow with the soft gentle spray whispering over us. Just like that scene from Titanic!

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2539 posts
5 Sep 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

That would be awesome fun, for about half an hour.
Then I'd need my nanny nap.

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
7 Sep 2016 3:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cisco said..

Wander66 said..
Obviously you have become quite obsessed, not sure if this vessel sited in the Bundaberg distillery reach is really a Pogo 30 though!! The rig looks completely wrong.

Sneaky bustard!!

I just called you a sneaky one these. Are you not insulted yet??

Wander66
QLD, 294 posts
7 Sep 2016 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hey it's not me who should be insulted I'm more concerned about that poor little Lotus sitting there wondering why she has gone from the light of your life to playing second fiddle to a Pogo (a toy for jumping about on, consisting of a long, spring-loaded pole with a handle at the top and rests for a person's feet near the bottom).Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

Bustards are one of my favourite birds, I saw a lot of them when I was living up in the East Kimberley and every autumn a couple turn up at my place for a month or so.

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
7 Sep 2016 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Don't worry. My poor little Lotus has not been scorned. I am just thinking of ways to make her more Pogo like. I have been stripping out the crap lining it had and now I am eyeing off the furniture.

frant
VIC, 1230 posts
7 Sep 2016 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cisco said..

Don't worry. My poor little Lotus has not been scorned. I am just thinking of ways to make her more Pogo like. I have been stripping out the crap lining it had and now I am eyeing off the furniture.

Easy done cisco just get a bucket load of blackboard paint and redo the interior and mast as a full carbon build.

cisco
QLD, 12337 posts
7 Sep 2016 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

^

A local guy has a carbon BMW roadster. Looks horrible.

spiggie
VIC, 78 posts
9 Sep 2016 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

hello Shaggy
I may be able to give you a hand sailing back from Gladstone about 30 yrs yachting /delivering experiance know the waters well
have about 4 wks off work,Intrigued about the Pogo.
Graham

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"Waking Up on a Pogo 12.5." started by cisco