Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

2019 KONRAD foil review

Created by Sylvain132 > 9 months ago, 19 Dec 2019
Sylvain132
1 posts
19 Dec 2019 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hi guys, just a little review on the my new Konrad foils & surf foil.

For those who don't know, Konrad is an Australian brand which has been developing foiling gears for about 4-5 years.

I was previously riding a 4'4 OneSup (30.6L) with Naish Trust Large wings 1236cm2 - 70cm mast. [I am 70kg]

I recently purchased a 4'4 SURF GLIDR 33.4L with FLYR wings 1296cm2 and 1573cm2 - 70cm mast.

And I am overly satisfied!

The board feels really stable which make it so easy to paddle into waves and taking off on steep section.

The 1296cm2 wings took me by surprise on my first wave as it provides lots of lift. It turns really well and once out of the waves it's a real pumping machine. I was able to pump back out and catch 3 waves in a raw which was not the case with my previous Naish trust.

The 1573cm2 wing provides even more lift as I would have imagine. I tried it in 1-2ft waves. I first thought this wing would be hard to turn but not at all and it makes the pumping extra easy. No need to push hard, light pumps and it flies!!

My favorite is the 1296cm2. I think this is the perfect all-rounder foil but if you are heavier or looking for doing downwinders you might want to consider the 1573cm2.

The only caution with this foil is the sharp edges. I have sanded mine with 240 wet paper to make it a bit safer.

That's all ????

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"2019 KONRAD foil review" started by Sylvain132