Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Axis new High aspect 1000mm quick review

Created by scotty100 > 9 months ago, 12 Sep 2019
scotty100
QLD, 233 posts
12 Sep 2019 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Only tried once this morning but its enough to give a quick review before Piros beats me haha. Not the best SUP foiler around but I enjoy it so thats all that matters. Matched up with Sunover 7 foot 150 lt , and it was all I expected and more. Surf was choppy and about 2-3 foot so too big for my usual 1020mm wing so off i go. Awesome gradual lift compared to normal wing and then just stopped before breaching with no effort at all . It feels fast and very effecient moving through the water so nicely and and effortlesly, not big on pumping but when I tried to link up another wave after the first one died it just hopped over and continued to fly again effortesly and easily. The only real problem was the average rider using it but can't wait to get back out in good conditions and really test it. Only got about 10 waves before it went to real **** but didn't even come close to breaching or touching down so it's very forgiving.
My main reason for this quick review is that the sport has changed so much over the last 12 months and there are so many options now available i would definately reccommend adding this style of wing to your quiver. stay tuned for more detailed review and photos.

MickChard
VIC, 183 posts
12 Sep 2019 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome review how did it feel turning ?? You recon once you have it dialed it will be able to bank it a bit ??

toppleover
QLD, 2043 posts
12 Sep 2019 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear you are now in the Sunny Coast Axis HA club Scotty me old mate!
As you said, these h/a Axis wings (in my case 900) are very forgiving - I can drop in late or have feet in the wrong spot & still be able to correct to avoide a wipe out. They are also very fast with heaps of glide & pump, I find turning is great at low speed but I have not worked out high speed turns yet.

Piros
QLD, 6996 posts
12 Sep 2019 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

I've been using it last couple of days amazing speed and effortless glide with a super efficient pump. Re the turning the ultra short fuse and small rear wing really loosen this up. It's still amazingly stable with the short fuse , the wide wing is so forging on the take offs.

scotty100
QLD, 233 posts
12 Sep 2019 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
toppleover said..
As you said, these h/a Axis wings (in my case 900) are very forgiving - I can drop in late or have feet in the wrong spot & still be able to correct to avoide a wipe out. They are also very fast with heaps of glide & pump, I find turning is great at low speed but I have not worked out high speed turns yet.

Nice photo ????

toppleover
QLD, 2043 posts
12 Sep 2019 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
scotty100 said..

toppleover said..

Nice photo ????

Yes, thanks for taking it the other day mate.

MickChard
VIC, 183 posts
13 Sep 2019 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Piros the ultra short your running yer and there smallest rear stab ?

Im gonna be on the short FL but might look at something smaller to have a mess with

Piros
QLD, 6996 posts
13 Sep 2019 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Yes ultra short fuse which really isn't that short , it's only couple of inches shorter than the NP. Also using small rear 400mm which also isn't that small , again same width as NP small.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Axis new High aspect 1000mm quick review" started by scotty100