Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Downwinding the Glider HA 1800 - Naish

Created by Windgenuity 2 months ago, 31 Jul 2024
Windgenuity
NSW, 649 posts
Site Sponsor
31 Jul 2024 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Typically you would not even consider using the 1800 Glider HA for an actual real DW run, it is amazing in bay conditions, for flatwater paddleups and pumping/Dock starts. But during my time up in Cairns, I did some serious km's on the 1800, and it really blew my mind. Really reasonable speeds and times considering the challenging conditions.

Here's one of my favourite runs on the 1800, it was a huge cut right for 15-20km's before actually DW'ing, and the 1800 managed it well. Light winds, and handling big bumps with ease.

Not to be ignored for easy DW!!!

Here's the share screen.

Some of the splits. Particularly impressed by a 2:44!

A few stats.

Yes, it is big, but it is so easy to use. By far the easiest 130cm span foil I've used. Turns well, super easy paddle up. Again, very good HR/Exertion for the conditions and angle of the run. Very happy with my big Gliders for lightwind DW.

Ride safe,

JB

Piros
QLD, 6999 posts
31 Jul 2024 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one JB , 2.50's on a 1800 mate would have been pretty wild

Windgenuity
NSW, 649 posts
Site Sponsor
31 Jul 2024 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Piros said..
Nice one JB , 2.50's on a 1800 mate would have been pretty wild

Thanks Piros, Actually easier to control than you'd think. It's a well behaved wing. A bit of a hand full turning tight over 20kmh, but much easier than most (if not all) other 130cm span foils I've tried.

I actually used this foil for the GBROC - 45km race. Got me through the race to take 3rd in the Masters and 7th foil over the line. Just reliable and powerful for us larger humans!!

JB

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Downwinding the Glider HA 1800 - Naish" started by Windgenuity