7th Daniel Juengling
50 to 99
1st Armie Armstrong NZ
2nd Dave Kissane

robg1703
NSW, 220 posts
24 Jul 2024 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome results from the Aussies....everyone was flying...

Piros
QLD, 6986 posts
24 Jul 2024 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah boys looked lit . What happened to Johnny's foil did he hit something.

robg1703
NSW, 220 posts
24 Jul 2024 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

No it was a custom hand made proto by Alex and it came apart....They were both gutted...Johnny was flying....

Piros
QLD, 6986 posts
24 Jul 2024 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Wow that's tragic , credit to him though to prone paddle the last 3km

frenchfoiler
505 posts
24 Jul 2024 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Where can we find the Triple Crown overall results ?

PeterP
841 posts
25 Jul 2024 2:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frenchfoiler said..
Where can we find the Triple Crown overall results ?

With the M2O being the longest race and counting x3 i'd imagine the M2O result is the Triple Crown result in any event, barring the very odd outlier. I completeluy disagree with the combined times concept and really do not understand why anyome would favor it - i think good ol' lowest point scoring system is way more fair.

pohaku
NSW, 850 posts
26 Jul 2024 2:54AM
Thumbs Up

The first 30km was next level with east 1.5m
swell, underlying South swell, the wind and then add 100 boats trying to find their rider. if you came down there's almost no chance of getting going again. Then toward China walls the wind backed right off and a few came down. Heard stories of 30 min off foil for some. I stayed really really south and foiled that section. My bad luck came at the end where I fell twice then a boat cut me off and they were trawling a hook that hooked my mast and I got belted. After that was too cooked to get up to the finish. Had two more solid goes at getting going and couldn't. Lost 15 min and 11 spots but overall what an epic race. There will be many many stories to come from everyone. Total race time for me Including the shocker at the end 3:14

i used 8'12 barracuda and Lift HAX 150

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
26 Jul 2024 5:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pohaku said..
swell, underlying South swell, the wind and then add 100 boats trying to find their rider. if you came down there's almost no chance of getting going again. Then toward China walls the wind backed right off and a few came down. Heard stories of 30 min off foil for some. I stayed really really south and foiled that section. My bad luck came at the end where I fell twice then a boat cut me off and they were trawling a hook that hooked my mast and I got belted. After that was too cooked to get up to the finish. Had two more solid goes at getting going and couldn't. Lost 15 min and 11 spots but overall what an epic race. There will be many many stories to come from everyone. Total race time for me Including the shocker at the end 3:14

well done mate what an experience.

PeterP
841 posts
26 Jul 2024 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pohaku said..

Thanks for sharing - how did your legs hold up and how did you train to avoid the dreaded lactic rigor mortis leg-state?

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
26 Jul 2024 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pohaku said..

Legend

pohaku
NSW, 850 posts
26 Jul 2024 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PeterP said..

pohaku said..

Thanks for sharing - how did your legs hold up and how did you train to avoid the dreaded lactic rigor mortis leg-state?

Since I broke my shoulder only 11 weeks ago I couldn't train DW foiling or much foiling at all. So I would do 100km a week on the bike at the gym with a heart rate of 140 consistent breathing through my nose. Also did a lot of sauna and ice as recovery which in turn doubled as resilience training. I'm no professional athlete by any means but definitely that race is doable if you have the mindset

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Molokai 2 Oahu Paddleboard World Championships Foil 2024" started by robg1703