Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2015 Fanatic Allwave 8' 11" LTD

Created by supmad > 9 months ago, 3 Dec 2014
supmad
4 posts
3 Dec 2014 4:27AM
Thumbs Up

I have just bought an 8'11" Allwave LTD from a shop over here in England. I have taken some pictures at various angles to show shape and rocker.

Does anyone know what they should weigh. This one weighs 20lb(9.1kg) I was expecting it be just over 8kg bearing in mind the significant extra cost for the carbon version. Most other manufacturers are in this weight range for a board of this size. My 2012 9' 6" Allwave HRS weighed 23.5lb(10.6kg)

They talk about LTD on website as being super light. 9.1kg doesn't seem super light to me. An equivalent volume Fanatic windsurf board is lighter than this.

Anyone any opinions or comments. Am I expecting too much?

damo666
ACT, 160 posts
3 Dec 2014 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Supmad - I have just purchased a HRS version of the 8'11" and it is a little over 10kg (10.3kg according to my scales).

So whilst the limited is lighter, it is not by a whole lot.....and it was not enough to get me to cough up the extra for it!

Jameos
26 posts
3 Dec 2014 6:22AM
Thumbs Up

No idea about official weights, but I can tell you about my Allwaves (without fins)

8'3 LTD 7,7 kg
9'1 HRS 10,5 kg

Sweet looking board, I'm sure you'll love it!

supthecreek
2616 posts
3 Dec 2014 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

the LTD also has 5 fin setup... HRS is Truster only... so more performance options as well as a bit lighter.

LordKuz
NSW, 260 posts
3 Dec 2014 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

there must be a huge variation in actual weights - as I have a 2014 allwave HRS of same length.. and its about 9.5 without fins. I dont know that I was expecting there to be a HUGE difference in weights... as that would not be the only reason to get me to buy a carbon...but thats not really significant at all?

AkeG
132 posts
4 Dec 2014 1:00AM
Thumbs Up

Ha! Was looking to fill another hole in my quiver with this very board!

Am seeking an everyday-type bigger chop and slop board myself....that's not wider than 31". A longboard/short board do-it-all. I'm not always on my "attack the beach break with short board" game and could use a mellower ride sometimes.

Not sure if paying the extra $800. USD sounds worth it for the LTD construction

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2015 Fanatic Allwave 8' 11" LTD" started by supmad