Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2015 Naish nalu 10'6 fin setup.

Created by Goita > 9 months ago, 10 Sep 2014
Goita
VIC, 38 posts
10 Sep 2014 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Seeing as though there are so many nalu posts, I didn't think anyone would mind another one!!

Was wondering if anyone has had a play around with fins and thoughts on configuration on these boards.

Cheers.

Slab
1097 posts
11 Sep 2014 2:09AM
Thumbs Up

not a 10 6 but an 11 4.....use a big Rainbow MDT 10 inch fin.....could go for a 9 inch and it would be okay on the 10 6 imho.

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
11 Sep 2014 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

I'd recommend anyone speak to Levi at Shapers.... couldn't have been more helpful and actually spent sometime to discuss how you wish to surf the board itself (everyone different)....I love my DB Cutaway + S7 Stealth combo, super livened things up which is exactly what I was after. PS I have nothing to do with Shapers and SUP fins are probably not Levi's favourite topic

JustBernie
NSW, 25 posts
11 Sep 2014 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

I put the Shapers Jackson Close set I had for my JP in my 10.6 Nalu - super lose and way quicker on the wave. Love it

supthecreek
2610 posts
11 Sep 2014 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Big Monster single 10.5", moved back in the box.
This holds well when nose riding... but not perfect.... my Laird has sidebites that will control the sideslip when the center fin disengages.

The big single also turns pretty damn sweet!!!

But I am thinking about adding side boxes to it to improve the nose control.

SteveM74
QLD, 122 posts
11 Sep 2014 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Grenfell said..
I'd recommend anyone speak to Levi at Shapers.... couldn't have been more helpful and actually spent sometime to discuss how you wish to surf the board itself (everyone different)....I love my DB Cutaway + S7 Stealth combo, super livened things up which is exactly what I was after. PS I have nothing to do with Shapers and SUP fins are probably not Levi's favourite topic

Got same centre fin and similar side fins in my Nalu.
Goes good !

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2015 Naish nalu 10'6 fin setup." started by Goita