Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2016 Fanatic Stubby 8'6" 120lt

Created by gibo > 9 months ago, 18 Sep 2015
gibo
QLD, 213 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

I recently picked up this board and had a fun 4 hour session in 1-2 foot waves last weekend.
Other boards used: 10' Fanatic Fly and 9'3" Fanatic Prowave
Surf ability: intermediate
Fins: I rode with stock fins (thruster). Will try it as a quad soon I hope.

Construction and finish: Very happy. I think the board looks great, and based on experience with the innegra carbon Prowave, its pretty tough. Deck pad covers quite far forward and wraps quite close to the rails which I like.
Stability: Way more stable than I was expecting at 8'6" and 120lt. Felt similar to the 9'3" Prowave.
Wave catching: Very easy, with a gentle effortless acceleration. Looking forward to seeing how it goes in larger waves
Speed: Wow, very impressed and looking forward to getting in some bigger stuff
Surfing: The board was great fun. It was super easy to carry speed (or even accelerate) through turns. I still have to work on getting my back foot to the kickpad.
Getting through whitewater: This took some adjustment. The square nose does tend to kick up a bit more aggressively.

Some photos below that were shot on the GoPro Session.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
23 Sep 2015 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

This looks like the Merimbula Bar. I suspect this board will constantly be in the water as a demo board at this year's Merimbula event.

siny
NSW, 286 posts
23 Sep 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nope ,miles away

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
23 Sep 2015 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

ssssssshhhhhhh secret spot that only ACT escapees know.

damo666
ACT, 160 posts
24 Sep 2015 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

A shaaarrrkkky one...

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
24 Sep 2015 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

never seen one there although I wouldn't necessarily swim in the actual river although it seems popular with tourists.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2016 Fanatic Stubby 8'6" 120lt" started by gibo