Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2017 SIC Bullet V2 Unlimited

Created by Hoffinator > 9 months ago, 18 Oct 2016
Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
18 Oct 2016 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

Just taken delivery of the new V2 Bullet 17 x 28

Pics attached for those interested in the new FAST system.
Its definitely a great looking board and feels lighter than my V1?

I'll update the performance aspect once I manage to get on the water for a downwind ASAP

Area10
1508 posts
18 Oct 2016 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Wow - looks great.

It's good that they are putting the model on the tail because SIC boards can get pretty confusing with all the different versions.

Shame that the traditional SIC handle has been replaced by a more usual one, but I guess that with the rudder mech there isn't much deck room to have a large handle maybe?

Absolutely gorgeous board. You are very lucky.

nosaj27
QLD, 271 posts
18 Oct 2016 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Looks the goods AF. Looking forward to reading about your first downwind run on this weapon.

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
18 Oct 2016 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Tasty red, serious dw toy!

Nozza
VIC, 2840 posts
18 Oct 2016 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, very nice.
A10, as far as I know the big boards never got the big handle, only the little ledge one.
But you do get the forward leggie point and the back loop to carry the board with your paddle for any serious lifting.
Good to see those details return, and the storage shock cord.
Keto, what's on the foredeck? GPS training thing?
Lovely looking board.

Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
18 Oct 2016 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nozza said..
Wow, very nice.
A10, as far as I know the big boards never got the big handle, only the little ledge one.
But you do get the forward leggie point and the back loop to carry the board with your paddle for any serious lifting.
Good to see those details return, and the storage shock cord.
Keto, what's on the foredeck? GPS training thing?
Lovely looking board.

Handle looks the same as my old V1.....
Yep, velocitek makai - big screen for blind old bastards like me!

Thursday could be the day for its maiden DW!
So stoked!!

SUPerD
182 posts
18 Oct 2016 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Very, very, very nice. Glad to see that SIC is finally shipping the FAST boards. I had ordered a 17 V1 FAST last year then they postponed delivery.. So I'm guessing that I'll finally see it sometime in the new year.. Can't wait after seeing yours Keto! Congrats, and thanks for sharing. BTW, care to comment on the lockable/fixed fin setup? Also, I'm still a bit baffled by the volume difference between the V1and V2, given that the V2 is an inch and a half wider... Is it that much thinner, or maybe the 4" reduction in length combined with the thinned out pointy nose is the reason...

Helmy
VIC, 796 posts
19 Oct 2016 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Keto,
where did you get the Velocitek Makai?
Locally, or did you have to import?
Have been contemplating one of these or a Garmin watch.
Recommendations?

Re handle - my F16 has a very, very shallow hand grip, so I usually use the paddle loops.
However for car-topping etc you may need the central handle.
I stuck an off-cut of deck grip (had plenty from sailing applications) inside the top edge (both sides) of the handle.
It only needs to be about 15mm wide - wide enough to get some grip for your fingers, but not so wide that it stops the end of your fingers hooking under the bottom edge.

PS - obligatory "Ooooh, Aaaaaaah!!"

LucBenac
432 posts
19 Oct 2016 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

That is a very nice board. No doubt about it...
Hope you enjoy it as much as it looks good.

Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
21 Oct 2016 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPerD said..
Very, very, very nice. Glad to see that SIC is finally shipping the FAST boards. I had ordered a 17 V1 FAST last year then they postponed delivery.. So I'm guessing that I'll finally see it sometime in the new year.. Can't wait after seeing yours Keto! Congrats, and thanks for sharing. BTW, care to comment on the lockable/fixed fin setup? Also, I'm still a bit baffled by the volume difference between the V1and V2, given that the V2 is an inch and a half wider... Is it that much thinner, or maybe the 4" reduction in length combined with the thinned out pointy nose is the reason...

Firstly after taking it out yesterday on its maiden voyage - small conditions - 1/2 Cut Run (12km) SSW 15knots <1.5m Swell
It's f#%king impressive!!

Lockable fin setup is just with a simple click-in of a button! So easy & simple....
The board tracks really well, the thin nose makes it easier to control if buried...no purling.
The nose is definitely an improvement for me compared to the V1 - guessing thats where most of the volume difference is?

The F.A.S.T steering is amaze balls!! Super responsive - as responsive as a Think UNO max surfski that I used to paddle.

Can't wait to get it out in a decent sized Cut Run...

Bring on The Doctor & KOTC!

Sooooo happy

Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
21 Oct 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Helmy said..
Keto,
where did you get the Velocitek Makai?
Locally, or did you have to import?
Have been contemplating one of these or a Garmin watch.
Recommendations?

Re handle - my F16 has a very, very shallow hand grip, so I usually use the paddle loops.
However for car-topping etc you may need the central handle.
I stuck an off-cut of deck grip (had plenty from sailing applications) inside the top edge (both sides) of the handle.
It only needs to be about 15mm wide - wide enough to get some grip for your fingers, but not so wide that it stops the end of your fingers hooking under the bottom edge.

PS - obligatory "Ooooh, Aaaaaaah!!"

Ebay - Qld based online store - pretty cheap too....

I use it in conjunction with my Garmin Fenix HR - use the garmin for downloadable data and tracking, but for real time feedback whilst paddling I find the Makai's big screen useful, saves looking at my wrist and losing concentration!

Only downside is I wish the Makai's data was transferable/uploadable....

Wouldn't need a Garmin at all then!

21 Oct 2016 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looks awesome :)

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
21 Oct 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Want!
Onya KetoFireFighter!

Nozza
VIC, 2840 posts
22 Oct 2016 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid. - love the shots of the nose going under.
Would like some of the sun and temperature over here at the moment.
Would like some of the skill too!

SUPerD
182 posts
22 Oct 2016 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Yowza! - good work Keto. Cool to see that you really don't have to step back a lot. Makes it easier to keep your foot closer to the tiller. Thanks again for sharing.

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
19 Dec 2016 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Great to see that awesome SIC handle making an appearance on the 17'4" with FAST system

Supnorte
262 posts
20 Dec 2016 2:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maxeeboy said..

Great to see that awesome SIC handle making an appearance on the 17'4" with FAST system

I was just going to post this photo of me

Can't wait to try it! But I can't complain we've having a great run of really good waves with no wind in Portugal.

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
20 Dec 2016 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Supnorte.
Is your board a custom?

SUPerD
182 posts
20 Dec 2016 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

+1 on the handle. It should have always been there..

Supnorte
262 posts
21 Dec 2016 1:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maxeeboy said..
Nice one Supnorte.
Is your board a custom?

No. It's the production board. SIC is shipping the new ones with the FAST system now. The new FAST system is amazing. It's was already installed and it only takes about a minute to change the steering (from goofie to regular and vice-versa).

SUPerD
182 posts
21 Dec 2016 2:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..

Maxeeboy said..
Nice one Supnorte.
Is your board a custom?

No. It's the production board. SIC is shipping the new ones with the FAST system now. The new FAST system is amazing. It's was already installed and it only takes about a minute to change the steering (from goofie to regular and vice-versa).

very nice indeed. Whats the weight Supnorte?

Supnorte
262 posts
21 Dec 2016 2:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPerD said..

Supnorte said..

Maxeeboy said..
Nice one Supnorte.
Is your board a custom?

very nice indeed. Whats the weight Supnorte?

16,6 kg / 36,6 Lbs (as stated on the catalogue)

excav8ter
536 posts
5 May 2017 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

How is your Bullet 17 V2 in short period waves? Is it too long to "fit". I am considering picking up the F16 or the 17' Bullet V2. But I am nervous that it won't "fit" some of our conditions.

viatormundi
92 posts
6 May 2017 3:59AM
Thumbs Up

Is that the Garmin camera?

Area10
1508 posts
7 May 2017 3:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..
How is your Bullet 17 V2 in short period waves? Is it too long to "fit". I am considering picking up the F16 or the 17' Bullet V2. But I am nervous that it won't "fit" some of our conditions.

Don't worry about all this "not fitting in the trough" nonsense. I use a 17 and a 16 in the shortest period drivel you can imagine and they work just fine. Better than a 14, in fact, even in 5 second wind-chop. The "my board is too long to fit the bumps" thing is a myth. There are many reasons why a board might not suit certain conditions but lengthwise it's infinitely more likely a board would be too short for the conditions than too long.

SUPerD
182 posts
7 May 2017 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

excav8ter said..

Don't worry about all this "not fitting in the trough" nonsense. I use a 17 and a 16 in the shortest period drivel you can imagine and they work just fine. Better than a 14, in fact, even in 5 second wind-chop. The "my board is too long to fit the bumps" thing is a myth. There are many reasons why a board might not suit certain conditions but lengthwise it's infinitely more likely a board would be too short for the conditions than too long.

Word. Nicely stated A10.

LucBenac
432 posts
7 May 2017 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPerD said..

Area10 said..

excav8ter said..

Word. Nicely stated A10.

I think that David is mostly worried about "too late" with his Bullet 17, rather than too long, too narrow or too heavy.....unless there has been a happy development?

excav8ter
536 posts
7 May 2017 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

excav8ter said..

Thank you! That's great to hear.

SUPerD
182 posts
7 May 2017 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LucBenac said..

SUPerD said..

Area10 said..

excav8ter said..

Word. Nicely stated A10.

I think that David is mostly worried about "too late" with his Bullet 17, rather than too long, too narrow or too heavy.....unless there has been a happy development?

It's in the container currently driving towards Ontario..

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2017 SIC Bullet V2 Unlimited" started by Hoffinator