VIC, 17434 posts
20 Jul 2017 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Looks awesome..

Tardy
4974 posts
21 Jul 2017 5:55AM
Thumbs Up

Tempting ...any sneaky ones of the new glide ?

Forestinjersey
17 posts
22 Jul 2017 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

This looks very nice, maybe tempt me away from my 2016, depending on the weight

MutantPoodle
1 posts
23 Jul 2017 2:26AM
Thumbs Up

Or even better... this in an Alana type colourway?!?

SupersizeP2L
44 posts
23 Jul 2017 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

JOYRIDER
705 posts
24 Jul 2017 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

It looks the same?But with a snazzy new colour.

Yardsale
66 posts
25 Jul 2017 5:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JOYRIDER said..

Pretty much, they shifted the volume back a bit from the nose so it releases better and beefed up the construction so it's a little heavier than 2017. They also reduced the price which is good because this years is absurdly expensive. Great looking board.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
25 Jul 2017 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Totally different nose underneath. Not the same board

paul.j
QLD, 3318 posts
25 Jul 2017 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Yardsale said..

JOYRIDER said..

Pretty much, they shifted the volume back a bit from the nose so it releases better and beefed up the construction so it's a little heavier than 2017. They also reduced the price which is good because this years is absurdly expensive. Great looking board.

I thought i read they were $4400 Aus this year so what were they last year?

And i was just in the Bigwinds store here in Hood river and they were the same price as the new Starboard.

Bendt goes amazing downwind on anything and i think he just proved it by racing the new one here a few days ago and smoked us all and then yesterday was back on Maui and finished just behind Connor who was on a unlimited. Whats this say well i think it says the biggest improvement in DW paddling is maybe not in a board although some do foresure make things a little easier but in the way you read the bumps!!

Be agile and really feel whats going and get your timing right and you will make huge gains!!

SupersizeP2L
44 posts
25 Jul 2017 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
Totally different nose underneath. Not the same board

did you see it?

Windgenuity
NSW, 632 posts
Site Sponsor
25 Jul 2017 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

The 2018 Maliko is a pretty different beast to the 2017. Much faster on the flat water and with some significant improvements for downwind control. I may be a little bias, but IMO it's the fastest one board out there, and I think Bernd has proven this (but I also agree Bernd is an amazing paddler and athlete).

Yes the boards are stronger for 2018 with a full PVC sandwich bottom now also. New under nose shape and different volume distribution. Similar super fast mid and tail section.

Naish Race boards in Australia will be $2,999.00 for successful Naish Australia Domestic Racer applicants.

To check out more - www.windgenuity.com.au/domesticracerprogram.html

Ride safe,

JB

SupersizeP2L
44 posts
25 Jul 2017 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Windgenuity said..
The 2018 Maliko is a pretty different beast to the 2017. Much faster on the flat water and with some significant improvements for downwind control. I may be a little bias, but IMO it's the fastest one board out there, and I think Bernd has proven this (but I also agree Bernd is an amazing paddler and athlete).

Yes the boards are stronger for 2018 with a full PVC sandwich bottom now also. New under nose shape and different volume distribution. Similar super fast mid and tail section.

Naish Race boards in Australia will be $2,999.00 for successful Naish Australia Domestic Racer applicants.

Ride safe,

JB

Have you got pics of this nose, seems to be the same on the pics i posted

SupersizeP2L
44 posts
25 Jul 2017 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Carvers
132 posts
26 Jul 2017 5:07AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a more v nose which goes into a (quadro) flattened out concave and ends up flat. Happily they lenghten the soft pad.

Yardsale
66 posts
26 Jul 2017 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Windgenuity said..

Ride safe,

I stand corrected, thanks Windgenuity! I was going off a shop employees appraisal and not a close inspection. I hope to try one soon, BW has a demo in Hood River.

Forestinjersey
17 posts
16 Aug 2017 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SupersizeP2L said..

Pretty sure this is a Javelin guys.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2018 Naish Maliko" started by Bnesupgirl