Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

8' long 29" wide Vex Profusion Carbon Pro 2015

Created by Dr Gas > 9 months ago, 6 Jan 2015
Dr Gas
QLD, 143 posts
6 Jan 2015 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone else had a test run yet? The board is light, 7kg with fins, and is only $1200 brand new out of the box. It looks and feels like a quality product, lovely matt brushed carbon finish. I have only ridden it in 1-3 foot Sunshine coast onshore slop so far. Had a nice set of shapers fins for a quad setup (the stock fins aren't worth taking home from the shop). Very stable for it's size but maybe a bit "corky" due to it's thickness and volume ( I weigh only 80kg)? Slipped into waves very easily and nice projection into the bottom turns. Can't wait for better conditions and a bit more swell. Maybe try the thruster combo? I suspect this could be a great board, only time will tell.

jonbro
NSW, 55 posts
6 Jan 2015 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Wow... $1200!!! Cant get a 2nd hand Naish, Starby or JP for that!!! Might have to look into this weapon :)

colas
5065 posts
7 Jan 2015 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like an interesting board. Nice clean shape from the youtube vids...

Jradedmondo
NSW, 635 posts
7 Jan 2015 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

would love to know how it goes, maybe a little review on the quality and how it hold up, and performance after you have had it for a bit, because it looks very interesting at a bargain price

Jarryd

TimBurleigh
QLD, 112 posts
9 Jan 2015 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jradedmondo said..
would love to know how it goes, maybe a little review on the quality and how it hold up, and performance after you have had it for a bit, because it looks very interesting at a bargain price

Jarryd

Sorry Guys,
Been a hectic last few months at TSW and we haven't had the chance to finalise footage of these boards in action. The new refined rails make a world of difference in drive and overall performance and we adjusted the cant angle on the rear quads as well which I personally love but some of the other riders still like 2 + 1 setup with the shapers S7's. These boards are a lot lighter and feel flightier than the Bamboo sandwich with the Kevlar rails. In saying this I do like the extra weight in the bamboos for onshore choppy days as they tend to cut through bumps better. Construction of the Carbon model is 20kg blank PVC and carbon wrap.

I took a few shots of Jarrod riding this board from the water late yesterday (bit rusty sorry). Not the best shots but you can see the board in action and how well it drives off the rear rail. Hope you enjoy and would love to hear some more feedback so that I can keep refining and evolving these boards.
Thanks,

Tim Beban

TheAnimal
8 posts
11 Jan 2015 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Dr Gas, what Fins are you running in yours as I'm wanting to upgrade mine also??

jonbro
NSW, 55 posts
13 Jan 2015 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TimBurleigh said..
Jradedmondo said..

Jarryd

Sorry Guys,
Been a hectic last few months at TSW and we haven't had the chance to finalise footage of these boards in action. The new refined rails make a world of difference in drive and overall performance and we adjusted the cant angle on the rear quads as well which I personally love but some of the other riders still like 2 + 1 setup with the shapers S7's. These boards are a lot lighter and feel flightier than the Bamboo sandwich with the Kevlar rails. In saying this I do like the extra weight in the bamboos for onshore choppy days as they tend to cut through bumps better. Construction of the Carbon model is 20kg blank PVC and carbon wrap.

I took a few shots of Jarrod riding this board from the water late yesterday (bit rusty sorry). Not the best shots but you can see the board in action and how well it drives off the rear rail. Hope you enjoy and would love to hear some more feedback so that I can keep refining and evolving these boards.
Thanks,

Tim Beban

That 3rd image down is on tilt! Is he riding the 8'?

jonbro
NSW, 55 posts
13 Jan 2015 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

I mean the last two images actually haha

JarrodSW
QLD, 44 posts
13 Jan 2015 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,
First of all, I work with Tim at The Surfboard Warehouse and I ride Atlantis SUPS including in these photos.

Its great to read all this positive feedback on boards we have worked so hard to develop & refine.

The Animal - In the photos i'm using Shapers S7 2 + 1 set up. I have now upgraded to a slightly larger centre fin which gave the board even more drive. I also find the Shapers S9 carbon stealth another great option.

Jonbro - Yes thats the 8ft model.

Thanks Jarrod

TheAnimal
8 posts
16 Jan 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Jarrod, thanks for the reply, I'll check them out

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
17 Jan 2015 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Love the look of this one to. It could be a good little toy.

NinjaTurtle
QLD, 30 posts
19 Jan 2015 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JarrodSW said..
Hey guys,
First of all, I work with Tim at The Surfboard Warehouse and I ride Atlantis SUPS including in these photos.

Its great to read all this positive feedback on boards we have worked so hard to develop & refine.

The Animal - In the photos i'm using Shapers S7 2 + 1 set up. I have now upgraded to a slightly larger centre fin which gave the board even more drive. I also find the Shapers S9 carbon stealth another great option.

Jonbro - Yes thats the 8ft model.

Thanks Jarrod

Hi Jarrod,

I am fairly sure your beard is what helps you rip. I am thinking of growing one myself but how stupid would it look on a turtle.

Floodyqld
QLD, 6 posts
19 Jan 2015 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Just changed from the Vex 8ft 6in to the carbon Vex Pro 8ft 6in last week. This board handles very different to the Vex. Very impressed with the lighter weight and more rocker in the nose for surfing beach breaks. The pulled down rails hold the steep wave faces better but can be a little grabby in small stuff. Build quality is great and still playing around with the fins for better performance.
Link to first try of the board

TimBurleigh
QLD, 112 posts
19 Jan 2015 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Perfect!!! No need to launch the pro model video now... You've nailed it. Stoked to see you ripping and enjoying herself!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"8' long 29" wide Vex Profusion Carbon Pro 2015" started by Dr Gas