Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Naish 2016 range release date

Created by MarcCRider > 9 months ago, 7 Aug 2015
MarcCRider
59 posts
7 Aug 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Hi folks,

any idea on when Naish will publish their 2016 range? I read in some thread on this forum it was due Aug 3rd but seems it will delay
Thanks! I am waiting to see if they really bring back Glide 14x29 in Gx construction. Mid summer in Europe here, if I want to sell my old board to buy the Glide Gx, the sooner, the better

Cheers!

Area10
1508 posts
7 Aug 2015 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Well, the the first question is whether they will have a GX Glide in the range. The second question is whether it will be available in Europe, if there is. I tried to buy one of these last year - when it definitely was in the range - but there were none available in Europe after the first early shipment. The few that did come in were pre-sold. I was told that more would come later in the year (eg. around New Year), but they never did. After making enquiries about the new Javelin Maliko this year, I'm beginning to think it may be a similar situation this year. But maybe it will be different in Spain. In your situation I'd speak to your local importer. They will know what they have already ordered for this season so far - they usually put in orders before the range is publicly announced so that they can have stock or demos for when the marketing goes out. As far as I can tell, last year, Naish went a bit off-piste in offering extremely expensive LE construction boards on the one hand, and super-heavy (but cheap) GS constructions on the other. Unsurprisingly perhaps, most people wanted the middle-ground GX construction instead, but this seemed to take Naish by surprise and so stocks ran out early. So, unless Naish have learned their lesson, availability might partly depend on the constructions that are offered for 2016. Happy hunting!

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
7 Aug 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Was the 3rd.. but now it's the 18th of August..

SurfNiels
182 posts
7 Aug 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Here a pic of the glide gtw and the javelin

MarcCRider
59 posts
8 Aug 2015 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

Area10, DJ, Niels thanks for your answers!

Bugger we'll have to wait till 18th, but I understand from SurfNiels answer there will be a lighter glide 14x29 GTWood? It is the very same Glide v3 shape, isn't it? The wood deck looks gorgeous, and it seems it has built in bungee inserts. Just what I need
Area10, thanks for sharing your experience. So, I'd better start calling the spanish distributor.

ah, until the 18th keep the sneak peaks coming

Marc

kikaha
QLD, 72 posts
8 Aug 2015 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Very nice Glide....

jojameka
VIC, 94 posts
8 Aug 2015 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

That wooden finish looks beautiful. And at last bungee inserts! Can't wait to see specs and prices.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
8 Aug 2015 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jojameka said...
That wooden finish looks beautiful. And at last bungee inserts! Can't wait to see specs and prices.

I think it's the same shape 29" wide Glide as before.. Awesome board and no need for any changes.. except deck tie down points and a beautiful wood finish..

Tardy
5029 posts
9 Aug 2015 6:10AM
Thumbs Up

Yes wood looks nice ...but I'm pretty sure the price will be up to $500 for 2016
thats why I brought this year .28 " seems fine for my weight .
i don't know that much about the 14 footer ,but I think the wider you go the slower you go .
they look fantastic ...again ..Australia will have the full range .europe .?

windsurftom
NSW, 356 posts
9 Aug 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know if the 2016 Nalus will have a wood finish option?

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
9 Aug 2015 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Wood is back for 2016

windsurftom
NSW, 356 posts
9 Aug 2015 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

thanks

OceanAddicts
QLD, 355 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Aug 2015 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
windsurftom said..
Does anyone know if the 2016 Nalus will have a wood finish option?

Yes the Nalu comes in 3 constructions this year GS, GT (which is wood tinted) and the stunning GTW (exposed wood)

Same story with the Naish Mana and Glide.

Hokua X32 comes in 3 constructions too but no GS Hokua is in GT, GTW and LE Carbon

windsurftom
NSW, 356 posts
13 Aug 2015 2:11AM
Thumbs Up

Thank you. The GTWs look nice but I guess they are going to be pricey!

Will both the bigger GT and GTW have the windsurf insert? I would like a new 10'6

windsurftom
NSW, 356 posts
18 Aug 2015 1:39AM
Thumbs Up

Naish 2016 boards are online.

www.naishsurfing.com/products/boards/

No new colour scheme this year by the looks of it, guessing it will be harder to get discounted 2015 board.

The prices will be probably be going up though with the weak dollar.

kjulks
2 posts
18 Aug 2015 12:10AM
Thumbs Up

Did they change the Jav shape at all? There were some radical changes from 13-15, but I'm seeing the same hard rails and V-nose with that porpoise-like bulb up top. Doesn't look like any tweaks were made.

Carvers
132 posts
18 Aug 2015 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hmm, GX Javelin vanished. Hope they made the nose and tail of the LE more durable. looks like that they made a mix for LE and GX in the new boards. A good thing. They lowered the center of the board and made some more volume to the tail, great.

kjulks
2 posts
18 Aug 2015 2:05AM
Thumbs Up

Didn't catch that - awesome. Any idea if there's more rocker?

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Aug 2015 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

2016 Naish SUP is here,

This is YOUR Moment.

Hawaiiheke
319 posts
18 Aug 2015 5:57AM
Thumbs Up

Those 3D board presentations are AWESOME!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Naish 2016 range release date" started by MarcCRider