Naish Hokua X32's 2015 Construction

Created by Rossall > 9 months ago, 4 Dec 2014
djansen
QLD, 77 posts
10 Dec 2014 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Brenno said..

Cheers D. Lovin' the shape and surfing style of my Laird 10' surfer, probably even more so than my 10'6" Nalu. I'm amazed at the size of waves i have been able to throw this board at and not go pearling. It would be great to combine the raw rip down the face of a wave nalu, with the more stolid laird. I'm going to have to bite the bullet at some stage as i slowly but surely sink in to the deck of my made in china laird....

Sorry. This is a thread about x32. 9'1" was super stable for my 6'3" 98kg. Surfed beautifully. Soft deck. Hard rails. Yay.

Hey Brenno, that is my thinking exactly, the 10'6' Nalu is a great board but a little big that's why I am getting Simon from Deep to make me what I want with the strength and quality I require. I will create another thread when I start getting the layouts and shapes together as I am not here to hijack this thread.

Back to the discussion 9.1 X32 supper stable and I'm 5'9 and weigh 90 kgs, I sold that and went for the 8.3 a little shaky cause I don't have the balance of a cat but stable enough to get me into a surf stance and it wasn't long before my change to a 7'10 minion and after a few surfs I am loving that thing except for everyone wanting a go!

The only reason why I have to keep turning over my Naish's is because they keep falling apart after a season or two???? why do we have to keep putting up with this crap! Picture above is from the paint peeling away from around the US fin box and yes that is a thruster setup Simon Anderson SA2's try it you'll like it!

Cobra
9106 posts
10 Dec 2014 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

^^^do you put your wet board in a board bag.

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
11 Dec 2014 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djansen said..

Brenno said..

Cheers D. Lovin' the shape and surfing style of my Laird 10' surfer, probably even more so than my 10'6" Nalu. I'm amazed at the size of waves i have been able to throw this board at and not go pearling. It would be great to combine the raw rip down the face of a wave nalu, with the more stolid laird. I'm going to have to bite the bullet at some stage as i slowly but surely sink in to the deck of my made in china laird....

Sorry. This is a thread about x32. 9'1" was super stable for my 6'3" 98kg. Surfed beautifully. Soft deck. Hard rails. Yay.

Hey Brenno, that is my thinking exactly, the 10'6' Nalu is a great board but a little big that's why I am getting Simon from Deep to make me what I want with the strength and quality I require. I will create another thread when I start getting the layouts and shapes together as I am not here to hijack this thread.
Back to the discussion 9.1 X32 supper stable and I'm 5'9 and weigh 90 kgs, I sold that and went for the 8.3 a little shaky cause I don't have the balance of a cat but stable enough to get me into a surf stance and it wasn't long before my change to a 7'10 minion and after a few surfs I am loving that thing except for everyone wanting a go!
The only reason why I have to keep turning over my Naish's is because they keep falling apart after a season or two???? why do we have to keep putting up with this crap! Picture above is from the paint peeling away from around the US fin box and yes that is a thruster setup Simon Anderson SA2's try it you'll like it!

I use shaper S9 sides and S7 centre, the board really seems to like it. I must say the 2015 coating on the nalu is distinctly harder than the crap that fell off my 2014 model in a big hurry. Someone must have got a kick up the khyber. Be very interested to see how your deep build turns out. Would love a combo of the Laird and Nalu that you don't sink into the deck on. Something you know you can surf till the end!

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
11 Dec 2014 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
^^^do you put your wet board in a board bag.

I'll reply. All my boards are treated the same. They give me the best hours of my life. They are all rinsed with fresh water after use, and stored dry and bagless on a rack in the shade. The only boards that I have owned that the coating has fallen off for no apparent reason were YELLOW.

djansen
QLD, 77 posts
11 Dec 2014 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

What ? Wash them and put in a bag? Common do you put nappies on them as well. Boards are the slave and I am the master . You surf them then throw them on the roof of the car they air dry on the way home! If I am paying those sort of dollars at the very least they should hold up for 2 seasons.

djansen
QLD, 77 posts
11 Dec 2014 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Brenno said..

djansen said..

Brenno said..

I use shaper S9 sides and S7 centre, the board really seems to like it. I must say the 2015 coating on the nalu is distinctly harder than the crap that fell off my 2014 model in a big hurry. Someone must have got a kick up the khyber. Be very interested to see how your deep build turns out. Would love a combo of the Laird and Nalu that you don't sink into the deck on. Something you know you can surf till the end!

Brenno you should talk with Simon at Deep he is a very talented shaper and can provide a cad drawing of your shape so you can froth over for a couple of weeks before you get the hard copy! Nifty idea take a look at the www.deepoceanboards.com/ website and go to the performance longboards video he has already done a killer 11 footer. Bit big for my liking but I will be doing something similar, California style nose. Pin tail soft rocker under 150L yeeeew

Cobra
9106 posts
11 Dec 2014 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

love my two Naish X32 both are keepers

gregbuydts
63 posts
11 Dec 2014 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

love mine too and is a keeper.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17462 posts
11 Dec 2014 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Mine too..

matt18
VIC, 534 posts
11 Dec 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

mine too two

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
11 Dec 2014 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Onya boys, whatever floats your boat, and I mean that sincerely. The 9'1" GT was the prettiest, best surfing sup i'd owned to date, but sinking into the deck to the depth of 1/2", I had to let it go before it was worthless. I personally expect more for over 2K. It's a lot of money for a board. Maybe they need to review their max rider weight or their prices....

gregbuydts
63 posts
11 Dec 2014 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Brenno said..

Onya boys, whatever floats your boat, and I mean that sincerely. The 9'1" GT was the prettiest, best surfing sup i'd owned to date, but sinking into the deck to the depth of 1/2", I had to let it go before it was worthless. I personally expect more for over 2K. It's a lot of money for a board. Maybe they need to review their max rider weight or their prices....

I got mine replaced by KUBUS (Naish distributors in Europe) after the deck got sinked in after 2 months! Had to cut the board in 3 pieces to proof !
Finally got a new one and took the advantage to size down from a 8'8 to an 8'3. A GOOD CHOICE!!!!!
And yes they are real fragile boards but i love the stability (i'm 93 kg) and the super shape.
there is no alternative for me here in europe as whe havn't got all that big choice of boards like you Ozzi's are americans do.

BTW i allready snapped 2 Naish vario paddles in 3 months (Kaholo vario), they do have a problem when it come to heavier guys( not all sup guys are Kai Lenny 's)/

BUT has to be said ......everytime i got a new one!

But i don't rely for 100 % on my paddle strenght anymore !

djansen
QLD, 77 posts
12 Dec 2014 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Wow Greg that's an extreme measure you had to go to for a replacement

i too loved my 9'1 and my 8'3 x32

i also love love my minion and that is my go to board now

Mahanumah
VIC, 336 posts
12 Dec 2014 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Test driving the 8'8" X32 this weekend. Can't wait.

Looking for a little more stability than my current board.

Oh yeah... had three Naish boards before (2012 Nalu and 2 x 2014 Hokuas). Never had a problem with damage unless it was my fault. And even then it was usually me that got damaged and not the board.

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
12 Dec 2014 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djansen said..

Hi D,
PM you on the minion and nalu replacement, very interested.

djansen
QLD, 77 posts
12 Dec 2014 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brenno said..

djansen said..

Hi D,
PM you on the minion and nalu replacement, very interested.

Got it and Pm'd you back champ

The Minion has quite a few loyal followers....welcome to the fold

colas
5066 posts
12 Dec 2014 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gregbuydts said..
there is no alternative for me here in europe as whe havn't got all that big choice of boards like you Ozzi's are americans do.

I think you should look around more. There are actually quite a lot of innovative and high quality with low price SUP brands in Europe, for instance: Gong of course, but also Bonz, Lokahi, Kowenn, RWP, Ari Hnui, Nah Skwell, Bamboostar, black local, Exocet, Sroka, ... and these are only the French production ones, not counting the ones well distributed in the worldwide like Bic or the custom shapers.

I would say that you have a much wider choice in Europe (in France at least) than in the US/OZ for production SUPs.

tomooh
276 posts
12 Dec 2014 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gregbuydts said..

Brenno said..

I got mine replaced by KUBUS (Naish distributors in Europe) after the deck got sinked in after 2 months! Had to cut the board in 3 pieces to proof !
Finally got a new one and took the advantage to size down from a 8'8 to an 8'3. A GOOD CHOICE!!!!!
And yes they are real fragile boards but i love the stability (i'm 93 kg) and the super shape.

BTW i allready snapped 2 Naish vario paddles in 3 months (Kaholo vario), they do have a problem when it come to heavier guys( not all sup guys are Kai Lenny 's)/

BUT has to be said ......everytime i got a new one!

But i don't rely for 100 % on my paddle strenght anymore !

Stick that board back together and let someone surf it.! I finally got a used 88 x 32le and it feels good and strong after a year of hard use before i got it, its even been washed up on the rocks with no damage except to the fins, I,m happy so far even though it looks like the little deep boards are now the new big thing. Might try one of them once they are superseded by whatever is coming next.

flowmaster
295 posts
12 Dec 2014 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Strange, the 8.8 I'm on, is probably from the same batch, same time also Kubus, there are light dents where my feet are and no way the board is fragile.
I've surfed it a lot from begin april to know and not a scratch, ding or whatever.
It's also, the best surfing sus, I've ever surfed on, been on Gong, Starboard, PSH and did try/own more than one.

When I compare it with Gong, its way stronger. so it's a keeper, even stronger than that, saving for the next one,

gregbuydts
63 posts
12 Dec 2014 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

No dents on the board ,i could push the deck in with bare hands and that is NOT normal for a board used for 2/3 months.....but as i said ,the best board i had!!!
now on a 8'3 and even better........love it

Cobra
9106 posts
12 Dec 2014 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Q..do you blokes with the dented decks paddle on the knees sometimes.

gregbuydts
63 posts
12 Dec 2014 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Seriously.....if you surf a 8'3 then you are not a beginner anymore
and NO my knees have NEVER touched the board.

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
13 Dec 2014 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Pffffffttt! I was on my knees begging forgiveness (easier than asking permission) when I came home with it, and back on my knees (in pain) when I felt I had to offload it so quickly.

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Dec 2014 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gregbuydts said...
Cobra said..

seriously if you surf a 8'3". You're technically a hobbit

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Dec 2014 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brenno said...
Cobra said..

Pffffffttt! I was on my knees begging forgiveness (easier than asking permission) when I came home with it,
i feel your pain brother

flowmaster
295 posts
13 Dec 2014 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Nope, not guilty

Markyb
NSW, 41 posts
14 Dec 2014 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
flowmaster said..

Nope, not guilty

Why would that make a difference? ???

gregbuydts
63 posts
14 Dec 2014 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

gregbuydts said...

Cobra said..

Well quess you must be a pro talking like this;;;;;;;;not everybody who surfs lives in Indo and is 5 feet tall and weighs 60 kg........living in europe we have to be lucky to have clean glassy conditions like indo..............this is a forum where people talk about boards and help each other out not to critisize.

Cobra
9106 posts
14 Dec 2014 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Markyb said..

flowmaster said..

Nope, not guilty

Why would that make a difference? ???

some of the SUP guns say that this will dent the deck…i believe it will too. try it on a longboard and see how long it lasts

+ some think my question was a statement.

Cobra
9106 posts
14 Dec 2014 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gregbuydts said..

Cobra said..

gregbuydts said...

Cobra said..

Well quess you must be a pro talking like this;;;;;;;;not everybody who surfs lives in Indo and is 5 feet tall and weighs 60 kg........living in europe we have to be lucky to have clean glassy conditions like indo..............this is a forum where people talk about boards and help each other out not to critisize.

hey Champ, whats a 8'3"board got to do with it.
your the only fool blabbing on about size of boards and beginners.Pffffffft.

heres a guy on the super stable Deep board.
Casso can't be a beginner because his board is sub 8' But hey at..0.35 you see him on his knees

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Naish Hokua X32's 2015 Construction" started by Rossall