Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New 2017 jp boards

Created by pampel > 9 months ago, 30 Aug 2016
pampel
83 posts
30 Aug 2016 3:48AM
Thumbs Up

http://www.homespotshop.com/jp/1003-sup-jp-surf-wide-body-2017.html

What do you think of the new wide bodies?

Rossall
WA, 708 posts
30 Aug 2016 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

They look quite nice in battle ship grey, are they the same shape though ????

The new 10 ft Noseriders looks good, welcome edition.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17452 posts
30 Aug 2016 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

What's with the hole in the Outback board.. and do they have a DW board..

KP.
NSW, 106 posts
30 Aug 2016 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

mmmm pro model for carbon 10ft with aus conversion on dollar works out 2700. mmm

swimarko
49 posts
30 Aug 2016 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

DJ...

DavidJohn
VIC, 17452 posts
30 Aug 2016 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

So it's a stubby holder in the shape of a sup board..

1fox
184 posts
31 Aug 2016 4:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rossall said...
The new 10 ft Noseriders looks good, welcome edition.

Couldn't understand if they've changed the volume... hope they did. it was kinda big compared to the stylemaster and the nalu le.

imo the graphics of most brands are getting uglier... from starboard blue, to naish last collection and now jp.
I miss the white technora starboards! hope they change to sun friendly colours next season :)... or even better they don't change each season like Jimmy Lewis, Sunova and a few others.

Area10
1508 posts
31 Aug 2016 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

I'd agree with you in general about SUP graphics. They tend to make these expensive objects look cheap. A case in point for 2016 was the Starboard All Star, where the cheaper layup board actually looked classier than the expensive carbon (red nose, like an inflamed bellend) one.

But for 2017, the Starboard distance boards have made a modest step in the right direction IMO. And the SIC boards virtually always look worth every penny they cost - they are desirable objects to look at. So it's a mixed bag.

Your point about sun is an important one though. The worst offenders seem to be "brushed carbon" boards, which can get very hot indeed. I've got a brushed carbon Starboard that gets hotter than my SIC Bullet V2, which has a lot of black on it, or even the Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder, which is substantially black. I can barely carry the Starboard after 10 mins in direct sun. Compared with these, I have two old Naish Glides which are all white, and they remain perfectly cool in the sun (except the black logos...).

So, it's hard to see how this is progress over the last 5 years or so.

Another bugbear of mine is single-colour deckpads, especially light ones. They show every mark and are almost impossible to keep clean, so they age a board terribly. They also tend to fade. There are some spectacularly impractical deck pads out there (like the Surftech Bark D2) and some are even both impractical and also look grim - like the greyish ones of the old Fanatics or the JL Sidewinder, which look like lavatory mats you'd find in a pub.

swimarko
49 posts
31 Aug 2016 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
31 Aug 2016 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Is that the 14x26.5 all water downwinder in the cheaper construction. Any ideas how to get stat????

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
31 Aug 2016 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks. Think i want one

Youngbreezy
WA, 1004 posts
1 Sep 2016 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

How's the colour of the new pro's, what do they call that "baby seal grey" might be a good name or "delicious sea mammal grey " I suppose it's better than "lost at sea orange" that my old jp wood is painted with

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New 2017 jp boards" started by pampel