Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

air bubbling thru deck pad - 2014 Naish glide

Created by BHaz > 9 months ago, 23 Dec 2014
BHaz
ACT, 11 posts
23 Dec 2014 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on board bubbling?
First of all i am new to the whole sup thing and loving it. I took the plunge about three weeks ago and bought a brand spanking Naish Glide 12'6 which until today i have loved. Today as i placed the board on the roof i notice that air was bubbling from the deck pad about 30cm forward of the handle. The odd thing is the board came straight out of a fully enclosed garage and was placed on the roof under the shade of a carport so no direct sunlight. Out of curiosity i pulled the bung out and the bubbling continued. Board is treated better than my first child always kept out of sun, it takes me no longer than 15mins to travel to and from water. and is stored flat with deck pad up in a cool dry place. Im at a loss as to what is going on and getting more and more p.o'ed the more i think about it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

lotus blossom
SA, 106 posts
23 Dec 2014 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Usually means water is getting in. Suggest talking to the shop you bought it from if you are sure you have done it no harm (fallen hard onto it, dropped etc) or taking it to a repairer.

Garethg
NSW, 406 posts
23 Dec 2014 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

The benefit of buying one of the major brands SUP's is they will assess the damage and repair under warranty if there is a product fault.

Let us know how you get on.

Wood Duck
157 posts
27 Dec 2014 5:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BHaz said..
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on board bubbling?
First of all i am new to the whole sup thing and loving it. I took the plunge about three weeks ago and bought a brand spanking Naish Glide 12'6 which until today i have loved. Today as i placed the board on the roof i notice that air was bubbling from the deck pad about 30cm forward of the handle. The odd thing is the board came straight out of a fully enclosed garage and was placed on the roof under the shade of a carport so no direct sunlight. Out of curiosity i pulled the bung out and the bubbling continued. Board is treated better than my first child always kept out of sun, it takes me no longer than 15mins to travel to and from water. and is stored flat with deck pad up in a cool dry place. Im at a loss as to what is going on and getting more and more p.o'ed the more i think about it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Why aren't you telling this to the shop where you bought it?

BHaz
ACT, 11 posts
30 Dec 2014 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the input guys.

I have taken it back to the shop i bought from, although before i did i had delamination on pretty much the entire length of the deck pad.
good news though is Naish are going to replace with a new board. now i just have to wait for it to arrive. getting pretty keen for it as i need to go for a paddle

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"air bubbling thru deck pad - 2014 Naish glide" started by BHaz