Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

proto dc 12'6 SR/ my board

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 16 Apr 2011
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Apr 2011 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

a new proto dc 12'6 'surf race board'. there are some changes.

the dihedral has been dropped down a bit. the down turned nose has been lessen to keep a higher nose/waterline and to get some steepness in the nose rail profile.

a bit of planeshape pulled in just where the dihedral peak and double concave deck starts. the wide point centre has been pulled back a bit and a bit of a 'hip" down the back. also a bit more late tail rocker

and the chines are gone

i've paddled this board 4 times by myself and with others. about the same speed as that 12'6 post on video. however this board has a bit of late nose rocker so it not as smooth as that board.the idea is to lessen the chance of 'catching the nose
it behaves well in broken water. when i paddled to the creek mouth i was really happy the way it was riding over the slight swells that were pushing in. in the creek mouth, it has a good purpose about it when you paddle out.

wave riding is unreal. with the pulled back centre and slight 'hip' it has surfboard feel and feedback and great response.most big boards you just take it to where you think it should go.

this is easily the best dc 12'6 surfing board i've been on.

i would call this board a 70/30 ish surf race/flatwater
cheers

ps i also really want to dw this board. should be able to step back quite nicely

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
17 Apr 2011 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Looks good.. How wide is it?

DJ

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Apr 2011 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

Looks good.. How wide is it?

DJ

this ones 28"

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
17 Apr 2011 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

i love the look of that milk crate. do they come in different colours or sizes?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Apr 2011 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

i love the look of that milk crate. do they come in different colours or sizes?

not sure, it's a full carbon layup. i have a matching one i'll sell of a $100 to you if your keen- what a bargain

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
18 Apr 2011 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

sweet,only need one as all my mates are coming over for a party this week...i hope

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
19 Apr 2011 12:45AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting, that DC looks just like a... oh never mind.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"proto dc 12'6 SR/ my board" started by laceys lane