Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

10'2 laguna bay vid dogman style

Created by tha dogman > 9 months ago, 20 May 2013
tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
20 May 2013 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

after tweaking my knee up at noosa I've spent a fair bit of time sitting on my fat arse for hours on end

editing a massive stock pile of footage I've been collecting over the last 6 months

in this vid the surfing was shot at noosa on a day when the swell had died and the crowds had disappeared

n i threw in a few random clips from the fun n games from the Surftech Sup Circus

heaps more vids coming soon

robdog
VIC, 611 posts
20 May 2013 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

l like it.
Wishing you a speedy recovery from the tweaked knee.
If you're down this way in your travels Rog, drop by.
Pete

Leroy13
VIC, 1174 posts
20 May 2013 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

No Doubt about it Dogman, you're a fun loving criminal!!(Surf That is)

Piros
QLD, 6993 posts
20 May 2013 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Big booty bitches........... Hahahaha

DavidJohn
VIC, 17457 posts
20 May 2013 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent DogMan .. Some great editing there..

DJ

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 May 2013 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

man those waves look like they needed to be smashed.

how long to go dogman knee wise

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
20 May 2013 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Get well soon, we are missing ya in the heats!

SSSimon
ACT, 194 posts
20 May 2013 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Love the vid. The flapping boardies gives a sense the speed you're generating on the wave!

skebstebamal
QLD, 579 posts
21 May 2013 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

sik vid dog... i need some edit tips... what program u using?

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
21 May 2013 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

SSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEETT. Good fun. Thanks m8

micksmith
VIC, 1686 posts
21 May 2013 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Your a dirty big show off and we love it!

AA
NSW, 2159 posts
21 May 2013 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Ah Doggy, tweak or no tweak you haven't lost your style! Get well soon mate

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
21 May 2013 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

I enjoy very much

surfershaneA
863 posts
21 May 2013 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone else having trouble getting the vid to play? It doesn't want to work for me on the phone or an independent desk top. Pity as I am keen to watch it.

surfershaneA
863 posts
21 May 2013 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfershaneA said...
Anyone else having trouble getting the vid to play? It doesn't want to work for me on the phone or an independent desk top. Pity as I am keen to watch it.

Yeah, got it to play!

I would seriously like to demo the 8'6" & 9' Laguna Bay. What's my chances Dogman and what have you to say about these boards?

I want something that will take a bit of serious paddle power and carve.Maybe the 9' is a better option considering I often anchor offshore and paddle to breaks from my yacht. Given I have never had trouble turning bigger boards the extra few inches might not worry me?

thePup
13831 posts
21 May 2013 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

changing the subject a touch ..... I had a gander at a mate's 2013 Surftech glossy brochure today .... who is that familiar looking cool cat (dog?) in the Laguna Bay section ....hmmmmmm I know that style I know that hair I reckon

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
22 May 2013 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

thx for the comments breeziods

MAC....that one was for you

PIROS...good to see you liked the "music"

SKEB.....i edited it on imovie....havent pulled my finger out and got final cut pro yet...

PUP... yep thats the dog in the new surftech catalogue...i sort of look out of place with the likes of laird, gerry lopez, candice n co.

SIMON....the flapping boardies is from the rocket propelled fart gas (fuelled by baked beans) Geoff the weapon Breen lives on them and made deems n i eat them breakfast lunch n tea cold from the can....lol....

SHANE....the 8'6 and 9'1 are both great boards....unfortunately both boards are not in the demo trailer at the moment which is at toukley with peter harris... the 8'6 is with young shredder erin dark on the gold coast. and I've got the 9'1 n the 10'2 featured in the vid travelling with me to South Australia for a bit of an adventure.Which starts tomorrow morning with a hitch hiking session from the sydney fish markets..
ill keep you posted when I'm coming back so you can have a crack on them...i prefer the 9'1 as it has more glide than the 8'6.

ROBDOG....ill be heading south in august n I'm ultra keen to swing past your neck of the woods..the knee it going well but I've had a few moments where i know its not right yet and needs more time to strengthen up.....dishpans on my forehand are a big NO NO!!!!!! backhand feels fine

heaps more vids coming soon...featuring the gerry lopez DW boards cruising in the waves. laird 14fter sliding on a flat lump at longreef . hybrid 7'10 laguna bay in dogman country. dogman model promo vid. ryan fultons 2078km paddle goldie to melbourne. surftech sup circus promo vid. and much much more

yes I've been a busy little poodle frother

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
23 May 2013 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Piros said..

Big booty bitches........... Hahahaha

Gold!!!

surfershaneA
863 posts
23 May 2013 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Dogmman,

Talking also to Pete from Surftech 12 mths back, the 9'1" sounds like the go. If I am going to loose the flow going shorter this is not the thing for me. I would much rather develop my classic style and push the paddle technique than go down to a comp length board that I really don't enjoy riding.

My old Laird has also handled the rigour of being carted around on the deck of a yacht, so I would gladly stick with Surftech.

Hopefully catch you guys for a demo before the next time I am cashed up, which will probably not be too soon!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"10'2 laguna bay vid dogman style" started by tha dogman