Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2015 AUSTRALIAN FLATWATER SUPFEST.

Created by NNSUP > 9 months ago, 5 Feb 2015
NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
5 Feb 2015 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NOTIFICATION OF RACE - THE 2015 AUSTRALIAN FLATWATER SUPFEST.

The AuSUP Australian Flatwater SUPFest to be held at Penrith International Regatta Centre from March 13 - 15th is Australia's premier SUP flatwater racing event. This is a National event attracting strong representation from all states across 3 races - 200m, 1,000m and 5,000m.

The focus of the event is on participation and there are no pre-qualifications to enter - with a format that guarantees all competitors at least 2 races in the 200m and 1,000m and at a venue that provides great conditions for paddlers and spectators alike.

The Adelaide event in 2014 demonstrated a unique environment of friendly competition, exchange of ideas and information and lots of product testing and intense racing over 2.5 days and we expect Penrith to be bigger and better in 2015 as this event grows.

If you haven't already, get yourself / team / state / club together and don't miss this exciting event. We expect to see some of the fastest sprint paddlers in the world - with the opportunity to set new records on offer. Registration is expected to open in early Feb.

For more information please email spsc@mail.tidyclub.com

<div>Check out some of the coverage of last years event in Adelaide.

<div>

<div>www.supracer.com/2014-australian-flatwater-supfest-adelaide-results/

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
5 Feb 2015 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

2015 Australian Flatwater SUPFEST - Ke Nalu to continue as Major Sponsor

The AuSUP Committee is pleased to announce the continuing major sponsorship by Ke Nalu of the 2015 Australian Flatwater SUPFEST to be held at Penrith Regatta Centre from March 13-15.

Dean Elcoat and the team at Ke Nalu provided great support for the inaugural event in Adelaide last year and we are very excited to secure their continuing support of this event.

"Following the success of the 2014 Ke Nalu Flatwater SUPfest in Adelaide, Ke Nalu are stoked to continue their support of AuSUP and this exciting format of SUP racing in 2015", Dean said in announcing the sponsorship.

Ke Nalu will be on site throughout the duration of the event with the full range of paddles available for demo, including the new Konihi race blade. A couple of lucky paddlers will come away with Konihi race blades as random prize draws - tailored to their individual preferences.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
5 Feb 2015 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Where is a good place to stay close by?By good I mean cheap

SJKJ
NSW, 83 posts
5 Feb 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Penrith Valley Inn is pretty good. My daughter has a school rowing camp at the regatta centre every year and the Inn always looks after them well.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
5 Feb 2015 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SJKJ said..
Penrith Valley Inn is pretty good. My daughter has a school rowing camp at the regatta centre every year and the Inn always looks after them well.

Thanks for that , i am going to see if i can borrow this board

PM02
NSW, 24 posts
5 Feb 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

teatrea said..
Where is a good place to stay close by?By good I mean cheap

Here are some options for those travelling who want to stay near the regatta facility at Penrith:

- Nepean River Holiday Village [ very popular and may already be fully booked - but check it out]
- Mercure Penrith - $155/room per night (based on 2 persons per room twin Share) in their standard Rooms
- Penrith Valley Inn
- Penrith Lakes BnB

Some of the crew from Sydney / Northern Beaches will be staying up the road in the Blue Mountains which is a beautiful area and an easy drive down to Penrith. The Blue Mountains Music Festival is on at Katoomba over the same weekend with some excellent acts playing. www.bmff.org.au/

In general, Penrith Regatta Centre is easy to get to on main roads - if you have a car it would be comfortable to stay within a 10-15 km radius without any problems.

The SPSC organising committee will try and help any competitors with accommodation options, travel questions etc. Please feel free to post questions in this forum or email queries via spsc@mail.tidyclub.com.

Cheers

Paul

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
7 Feb 2015 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

We are booked and confirmed super stoked about this thing

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2015 AUSTRALIAN FLATWATER SUPFEST." started by NNSUP