VIC, 3982 posts
16 Mar 2015 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

This looks like the top 3 women.

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
16 Mar 2015 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not denying there was heaps of blue but pretty sure she was on something else in the 5k.

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
16 Mar 2015 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

She used an SIC X14 PRO(14' x 26") in the 5km.

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
16 Mar 2015 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Where is next years event ??

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
16 Mar 2015 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

WA I'm sure Andy.

Gords
NSW, 69 posts
17 Mar 2015 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Depends which race. This is in the 5 km

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
17 Mar 2015 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tightlines said..
I've just been having a look at the times and here is my take on it, I could be wrong but I believe they mixed the men's vets and the women's times.

I know I finished just in front of Penelope (the first woman) and it sounds as if there was an approx 2 minute gap between starts so Pea should have been 2 minutes faster than me but I am showing 2 minutes faster.

So I am thinking if you add 2 minutes to the men's vets and take 2 mins off the women's you will end up with near correct times.

Sorry (old) guys and I stand to be corrected......but anyway I still did cross the line before any females (even if they did start after me)

I reckon you are correct. For the top two in the vets to have done the times stated they would have had to pass me and the third placed open paddler and crossed the line 1 min before us.
No one passed us and they crossed the finish line about a minute after us.
Going by start line photos time stamps, the open men's and O40/O50 vets started 2mins apart give or take a few seconds. The timekeepers must have mixed up the two minute split starts; approx two minutes should be added to the vets finish times to be correct.
That said, the error in the stated finish times did NOT influence any placeings.
Even if you add 2 mins to the O40/O50 vets times, the top finishers still did a cracking time so credit where credit is due!!!!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Mar 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Im not a fw fan but the fastest board after using the sprint and the jp.

Well judging the two boards against the best paddlers in our group which includes beau, kelly ,ben, jayden etc at training and how easy I could paddle and the distance I could put on them has the jp slightly in front. It fast speed glide is better however for absolutely out and out speed the sprint gets it because it planes when speeding

Disc . I do not rate myself any where near the level of the guys mentioned above. They were on 12'6 s and im on 14 ft flatwater machines. Im not delusional

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2015 Australian Flatwater Titles" started by Homeally