Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2015 Quatro glide

Created by belongil > 9 months ago, 18 Feb 2015
belongil
VIC, 3 posts
19 Feb 2015 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi I was fortunate enough to get hold/ buy an 8"8 quatro glide and have now had it for a few weeks. Just thought I'd put a quick victorian review up as its an interesting board.
It's light, 33" wide and really stable in chop. I'm 88 kg and happily paddle it on the river or flat water .
In vic surf- points - its just spot on. Pretty flat and glides as name suggests , but with its rails double concave tail and low swing weight feels awesome in the surf. Gets in early, links sections, carves as well as a narrower hokua but can have a blast in choppy surf where others can't.
Paint marks easily and comes off. Need a cover.
Seems strong and stiff. Fins are great- thought I'd prefer quad, but setup is loose enough as thruster.
Not too thick, with great grab on bottom rails- surfs better than I could expect of a wide board.
Brilliant vic point small to med wave board that just makes me want to get out for a paddle whenever its on..
Cheers

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
18 Feb 2015 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

pics or you will go to rewiew (death) section really quick. Oh unless you are Starboard or Naish then it is ok.

belongil
VIC, 3 posts
19 Feb 2015 12:33AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks hilly...only my second board and I'm pumped.... I couldn't find any info on this so took a punt.... And worked... So thought I'd share the new toy. apologies to all for not posting in board talk . Can be deleted and I can repost.

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
19 Feb 2015 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

Can you get a shot of it out of the bag?? They make really good windsurfers so the leap to sup is not that great.

russh
SA, 3025 posts
19 Feb 2015 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

I got the 8'4 x 29 Quatro carve recently and it certainly seems to be a nice light floaty little wave ripper.

Pity the surf has been so bad lately its hard to give it a good ol workout in something bigger than chest high

I'll drop a couple of piiccies on tonight - Oh I had them with me

[/img

Core Boardsports
VIC, 134 posts
19 Feb 2015 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Heaps Belongil for the awesome review of the Glide :) More stock arriving this month of both the Carve and Glide and will have a few more demo's to replace those that we sold ...

MickMc
VIC, 452 posts
19 Feb 2015 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Do the quatro glide sups have a mast screw in for windsupping?

russh
SA, 3025 posts
19 Feb 2015 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yep and so do the carves

belongil
VIC, 3 posts
19 Feb 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah pretty excited about putting a rig on. Having plenty of fun already though too. Here is the top- looks similar to the carve, just super wide..

Core Boardsports
VIC, 134 posts
20 Feb 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a few shots of the Glide being Wind SUPed at Merimbula Classic in light winds ...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2015 Quatro glide" started by belongil