Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2023 ISA World SUP championship

Created by theSeb > 9 months ago, 25 Sep 2023
theSeb
290 posts
25 Sep 2023 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Day 1 today and it is streaming on the ISAsurfing YouTube channel. Anyone else watching?

theSeb
290 posts
25 Sep 2023 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Benoit on a Smik?

theSeb
290 posts
26 Sep 2023 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theSeb said..
Benoit on a Smik?

Never mind. I am off to have my eyes tested.

Hoppo3228
VIC, 771 posts
27 Sep 2023 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Those conditions yesterday were horrible. Whilst today is way cleaner... it's way smaller.

theSeb
290 posts
27 Sep 2023 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hoppo3228 said..
Those conditions yesterday were horrible. Whilst today is way cleaner... it's way smaller.

Well, it wasn't 20 knots onshore and there was swell... therefore that's pretty good for us currently residing in the Northern European region .

These days I paddle out in anything as long as I can see some sort of a wave and I can safely take a board off the roof racks without the wind ripping it out of my hands. I realise how spoilt I was where I grew up with consistent swell and mostly good conditions and the "chilly" 20 C water temperatures in the winter.

scott mckerc
WA, 284 posts
4 Oct 2023 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Well it was far from perfect conditions but how well did the team represent. Kai and Wes ripped the bags out of it all event and skyla did amazing too but suffered high tide choked out close outs in her heats. but two aussies in the final ( anyone could have won that final and Wes coming second?
just proud.

drivethebus
NSW, 207 posts
4 Oct 2023 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Scott, I enjoyed watching your team rip through the event, for those that want to know how well a Hipster Twin rides it's worth a catch up on YouTube. The speed and turning were second to none the whole event, big waves or small.

P.S fixed these, hope you don't mind.

Cheers.

Steve.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2023 ISA World SUP championship" started by theSeb