Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Any news on the 111klms Hawksbury Race

Created by SUPDemo > 9 months ago, 26 Oct 2014
SUPDemo
NSW, 6 posts
26 Oct 2014 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Any news on the 111klms Hawksbury Race..
With the largest number of SUP paddle ever to register wondering if anyone has heard how many finished...Race record etc.

robg1703
NSW, 226 posts
26 Oct 2014 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPDemo said..
Any news on the 111klms Hawksbury Race..
With the largest number of SUP paddle ever to register wondering if anyone has heard how many finished...Race record etc.

I know at least 7 of us finished out of 14 and 2 of the boys broke the race record. One on a 15'6 & another on a 14'.

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
26 Oct 2014 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Rob, a massive achievement for everyone that finished!

How fast were the top guys?

I had read on facebook that the fastest 14' finished in 14hrs something, but I thought Cam's record in 2012 was about 12.5 hours - so maybe what I saw on FB was wrong?

Mat87
NSW, 4 posts
27 Oct 2014 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

1st finished at around 12hrs 15 and 2nd at around 12hrs 20.
Hard work SUP'n for that long, so well done everyone that had a crack

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
27 Oct 2014 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Good work by everyone who finished. It is such a cool race to be apart of and to see 14 SUPs in the start line would have been amazing.

I was talking to Beau last week at the Nationals and he was talking about doing it on the unlimited sprint and is talking sub 10 hours! Apparently his mum is also a former winner for female skis and his parents own property down on the river so he has a bit of extra incentive. I remember about 5 years ago talking to Matt Worley about pushing sub 13 hours and if it was possible.

LynT
NSW, 133 posts
27 Oct 2014 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

First Three in Broke the record and I think the female record went ... I will post the full SUP results ASAP ..

Any Interest in forming a Teams Event for next years Hawksbury ... 3 x max 40k legs ... teams of two or three ....

Mat87
NSW, 4 posts
27 Oct 2014 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

There's a lot to be said for tides at the right time.

Teams event sounds good and could potentially get more SUPers involved.

LynT
NSW, 133 posts
28 Oct 2014 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Later Wednesday for the SUP Results ( I promise )

Any comments and interest on Teams Relay for this race would be appreciated Get them onto this site so we can submit it to the Race Committee ... its an ideal venue for two or three member team event .... But still a great event for a solo paddle ....

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Any news on the 111klms Hawksbury Race" started by SUPDemo