Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Event dates for 2014 / 2015 season

Created by NNSUP > 9 months ago, 18 Aug 2014
NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
18 Aug 2014 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

In my role at Sydney Paddle Surfing Club and various other paddling social media I'm getting lots of requests about event dates and organisation. Each fortnight on Face Book at the Sydney Paddle Surfing Club site we post an update of upcoming events. It is Sydney based but we always include any big events both surf and race across the country. Over the weekend I put this together for our members.

This obviously does not include event dates for other SUP cllubs so please feel free to add them here. Pete Cox, who organisers the Harry's Paddle event in Newcastle and I are still trying to formulate some sort of National Calendar and we'll share this as it is developed.

Aug 17 SPSC SURF
Aug 29 -31 Qld State Titles
Aug 31st Central Coast Saltwater Festival NSW

Sept 21 REEF TO REEF Newport Sydney NSW

Oct 11th Lion Island Race - Palm Beach Sydney Flat water around Lion Island in Pittwater. NSW
Oct 12th SPSC SURF
Oct 15th -19 Aussie Titles Qld
Oct 26th Jetty to Jetty SA
Oct 27th Shoal Haven River Festival NSW

Nov 1st Gerroa DW event - A two day event held in conjunction with the wave sailing guys. This will be big. NSW
Nov 1st Sea Cliff Ocean Challenge Wollongong NSW
Nov 8th Coffs Long distance DW event details still to follow on this event. NSW
Nov 9th Core Board Sports Event VIC
Nov 16th SPSC SURF
Nov 27th-30th Merimbula NSW
Nov 29th Doctor WA
Nov 30th Fig to Fig WA

Dec 6 King of the Cut WA
Dec 7th Great Melb Paddle VIC
Dec 14th SPSC SURF

Jan 18th SPSC SURF
Jan 26th Port Phillip Cup VIC

Feb 8th SPSC SURF

Mar 8th SPSC SURF
Mar 13th - 15th National Flatwater Titles Sydney NSW
Mar 21st Harry’s Paddle NSW
Mar 21st RMYC Scotland Island race and demo
Mar 29th PADDLE TO BATTLE MS NSW

June 14th SPSC surf

This list is not complete as I am waiting on some people from other States to get back to me.
If you know of an event date please add it.

Not all of these events have been fully organised as yet and there is a possibility of date changes due to event proposals and local regulations.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
18 Aug 2014 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

This is our latest club calendar. I have attached it as there are some links to some of the races.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
18 Aug 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

NEWCASTLE SUP CLUB.
Dylan Henry from Newcastle SUP Club has let me know that they hold events on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
He said there is also a big event in the planning for Port Stephens on November 22nd.

There are already a couple of event date clashes appearing so if you're planning an event and want it to have as many participants as possible book your dates in early.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
18 Aug 2014 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

THE SYDNEY DOWNWIND SERIES.
Many of you will remember that this was an extremely successful series last year. Low cost entry, lots of prizes and divisions and a 2 day window period for each race saw large competitor numbers and great racing last year. This series is currently being planned and certainly will include the Reef To Reef (Newport to Longie or reverse) on Sept 21st and also the Downwind weekend at Gerroa on November 1st.
I'll post further details here as well on the Sydney SUP Downwind Series face Book page, Sydney SUP Downwind Face Book Group and SPSC as they come to hand..

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
19 Aug 2014 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NNSUP said..
In my role at Sydney Paddle Surfing Club and various other paddling social media I'm getting lots of requests about event dates and organisation. Each fortnight on Face Book at the Sydney Paddle Surfing Club site we post an update of upcoming events. It is Sydney based but we always include any big events both surf and race across the country. Over the weekend I put this together for our members.

This obviously does not include event dates for other SUP cllubs so please feel free to add them here. Pete Cox, who organisers the Harry's Paddle event in Newcastle and I are still trying to formulate some sort of National Calendar and we'll share this as it is developed.

Aug 17 SPSC SURF
Aug 29 -31 Qld State Titles
Aug 31st Central Coast Saltwater Festival NSW

Sept 21 REEF TO REEF Newport Sydney NSW

Oct 11th Lion Island Race - Palm Beach Sydney Flat water around Lion Island in Pittwater. NSW
Oct 12th SPSC SURF
Oct 15th -19 Aussie Titles Qld
Oct 26th Jetty to Jetty SA
Oct 27th Shoal Haven River Festival NSW

Nov 1st Gerroa DW event - A two day event held in conjunction with the wave sailing guys. This will be big. NSW
Nov 1st Sea Cliff Ocean Challenge Wollongong NSW
Nov 8th Coffs Long distance DW event details still to follow on this event. NSW
Nov 9th Core Board Sports Event VIC
Nov 16th SPSC SURF
Nov 27th-30th Merimbula NSW
Nov 29th Doctor WA
Nov 30th Fig to Fig WA

Dec 6 King of the Cut WA
Dec 7th Great Melb Paddle VIC
Dec 14th SPSC SURF

Jan 18th SPSC SURF
Jan 26th Port Phillip Cup VIC

Feb 8th SPSC SURF

Mar 8th SPSC SURF
Mar 13th - 15th National Flatwater Titles Sydney NSW
Mar 21st Harry’s Paddle NSW
Mar 21st RMYC Scotland Island race and demo
Mar 29th PADDLE TO BATTLE MS NSW

June 14th SPSC surf

This list is not complete as I am waiting on some people from other States to get back to me.
If you know of an event date please add it.

Not all of these events have been fully organised as yet and there is a possibility of date changes due to event proposals and local regulations.

John
just confirming Harrys Paddle 2015 will be on march 21st (BOP) & March 22nd (the RACE to the bridge & back) .. cheers Pete

gibo
QLD, 213 posts
19 Aug 2014 12:35AM
Thumbs Up

BURLEY GRIFFIN 24 HR CHALLENGE - 6/7 DEC 2014 (ACT)
This annual 24 hour paddle event raises funds for local charities, and this year is proud to support the Cancer Support Group of ACT Eden Monaro.

Solo paddlers or teams will be racing to complete as many laps as possible of a ~4km course, and in 2014 there will be the following SUP categories:
Solo SUP, for those after the ultimate challenge (unlimited boards).
Competitive teams, get a group together and go flat out (up to 4 paddlers, any boards up to 14ft).
Social/Corporate teams, maybe take it a bit easier, some paddle through the night and some get a bit of sleep (up to 8 paddlers, any board up to 14ft).
Schools ISUP teams (school team on inflatable boards up to 12'6").

Camping, food and drinks will be available at the event site on the banks of the Molonglo River, and entry details will be posted on the FB site in September: BGCC24hr

ODSUP
NSW, 282 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Scotts Head

in its 5th year will be on JUNE 19th ,20th, 21st 2015

with sup surfing on the Friday and Saturday and LD and Bop race on the weekend
lock it in great family weekend and battle of the teams next year
I will do up a new flyer for next year

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Keep the dates coming guys. If everyone puts dates up here we should be able to organise an acurate calendar for the year.

laurie
WA, 3848 posts
19 Aug 2014 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NNSUP said..
Keep the dates coming guys. If everyone puts dates up here we should be able to organise an acurate calendar for the year.

For sure; this is great .. the information is difficult to get hold of. We have a national event calender here on Seabreeze which we try to update as much as possible:

www.seabreeze.com.au/Events/All/All/Default.aspx

.. or you can help by uploading your event here:

www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Events/MyEvent.aspx

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
19 Aug 2014 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yep great idea.

I am going to do a bit of road tripping soon with my surf SUP, 12,6 & 14 all coming along for the ride, it would be good to take in any events that might fit my travel plans along the way.

AA
NSW, 2159 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

Also coming back in 2015 is the Sydney SUP Expo and Scotland Island Race.

A day of family fun with lots of extra goodies for 2015! Stay tuned!

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
20 Aug 2014 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Since I posted this earlier on in the week quite a few people have contacted me re upcoming events. After speaking to Pete Cox in Newcastle, Pete has organised a Face Book site specifically for SUP events. If you're planning an event, all you'll need to do is send Pete a simple pro forma of your event details and once it's loaded the event organiser will be able to go into their event and modify any changes, post results or add links to photos of the event etc.
Paddlers will be able to search for events by date, location and type of event eg Flatwater, surf or open ocean. This should make lit easier for organisers and paddlers alike.

Pete has added numerous events to the page already and he's hoping to launch it over the weekend. If you're an event organiser private message Pete via Sea Breeze so that he can add your details. He is "Bali Sup" on Sea Breeze.

Pete's Face Book Page in conjunction with the event section here on Sea Breeze should help prevent multiple events on the same date.

Id like to thank JB at Naish for helping me with the original search on all of the event dates.

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
21 Aug 2014 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

Yep John the page with your help & the input from JB is coming along so as you mentioned if all event organizers from National / State / & local club events could PM me here we hope to put together a completed list of all events that will work well for everyone .
Cheers Pete

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
21 Aug 2014 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

what might also work if Laurie builds a calender. In my former life as an oceanswimmer, my friend Paul Ellercamp create oceanswmims.com and made a comprehensive calender for the events worldwide, we may not need that big but maybe something for Australia and NZ?

laurie
WA, 3848 posts
21 Aug 2014 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ShireSUP said..
what might also work if Laurie builds a calender. ... maybe something for Australia and NZ?

Been doing it for years bro.

Upcoming events have always been at the top right of the forum topics: (Or visit the News/Events menu)

View in a big list here :

www.seabreeze.com.au/Events/All/All/Default.aspx

gibo
QLD, 213 posts
21 Aug 2014 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Laurie, is it possible to increase what the seabreeze calendar displays to more than the next 3 months of events?
With the large amount of events on through the summer it would be good to get some advance notice out there.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
28 Aug 2014 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

The calendar is live on Face Book at "Australian Stand Up Paddle Tour". Don't forget to feed event info into Sea Breeze as well to maximise coverage of your event.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Event dates for 2014 / 2015 season" started by NNSUP