Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Rob Stehlik Aus Visit Oct/Nov 2016

Created by BluePlanetAus > 9 months ago, 27 Oct 2016
BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
27 Oct 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hawaiian SUP legend, former Molokai Divisional Winner and Blue Planet founder Rob Stehlik will be in Australia over the coming weeks attending events in Vic, Qld and NSW.

Proudly supported by Stand Up Zone, Stonker, Jack's Boards, DSS Newcastle and JM SUP Co.

Schedule of Events 29/10/16 - The Impossible Race in Torquay with Stonker
30/10/16 - free surf with Jack's Boards testing the latest models including the 12'6 Bump Surfer and the 10'0 Performance Nose Rider
2/11/16 - Instore visit with DSS Newcastle and afternoon downwinder
5/11/16 - Masters Games on the Gold Gold Coast
6/11/16 - Demo Day with JM SUP Co on the Gold Coast

Contact us at Stand Up Zone for more details about paddling with Rob or testing some of his latest creations: info@standupzone.com.au or 02 4351 8934

Towny
NSW, 903 posts
27 Oct 2016 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Ohhhh might have come do the Newcastle run with you guys

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
27 Oct 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BluePlanetAus said...

Hawaiian SUP legend, former Molokai Divisional Winner and Blue Planet founder Rob Stehlik will be in Australia over the coming weeks attending events in Vic, Qld and NSW.

Proudly supported by Stand Up Zone, Stonker, Jack's Boards, DSS Newcastle and JM SUP Co.

Schedule of Events 29/10/16 - The Impossible Race in Torquay with Stonker
30/10/16 - free surf with Jack's Boards testing the latest models including the 12'6 Bump Surfer and the 10'0 Performance Nose Rider
2/11/16 - Instore visit with DSS Newcastle and afternoon downwinder
5/11/16 - Masters Games on the Gold Gold Coast
6/11/16 - Demo Day with JM SUP Co on the Gold Coast

Contact us at Stand Up Zone for more details about paddling with Rob or testing some of his latest creations: info@standupzone.com.au or 02 4351 8934

Someone get him (Rob) up to Melbourne for a downwinder on the bay in close to perfect DW conditions on Sunday..

10am till midday.. St Kilda to Sandy..

Sunday 30 October
Winds
Northerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots during the morning then turning westerly during the afternoon.

BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Oct 2016 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good DJ, I'm sure Rob would be keen to do that run with you guys.

Whereabouts in St Kilda do you meet?

BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Oct 2016 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Will keep you posted closer to the time Towny and see where the best spot to go is

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
29 Oct 2016 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

bugger!
I missed this today - The Impossible Race in Torquay with Stonker
would've been nice to see the Blue Planet founder Rob Stehlik and co. sup boards
if you got pics today post them here please?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
29 Oct 2016 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BluePlanetAus said...
Sounds good DJ, I'm sure Rob would be keen to do that run with you guys.

Whereabouts in St Kilda do you meet?

Bottom of Jetty Rd Sandringham meet and start from St Kilda opp Langridge st (just up from the Zu shop) and we plan to meet at Sandy at 9.30 and start from St Kilda at 10am.. sharp (there's a change coming at midday)

Gale Warning for Sunday for Port Phillip
Winds
Northerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 25 to 35 knots during the morning before shifting west to southwesterly 25 to 35 knots in the afternoon. Stronger squalls likely with showers and thunderstorms.

MOSCA
QLD, 8 posts
30 Oct 2016 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks DJ ,Blue planet boys & Melb SUP crew for making my day. DJ you are a true example of why SUP is becoming such a growing mixed age sport, ready to pass on your time and knowledge. To the Blue Planet crew thanks for the BluePlanet unlimited and paddle for the run.
Scott.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
30 Oct 2016 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

What a shame our downwinder turned into a no'winder..

What a crazy weather day with 30+ knots one minute then nothing but slops for our run.. then back up to 30 once we've gone..

SUPerD
182 posts
30 Oct 2016 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MOSCA said..
Thanks DJ ,Blue planet boys & Melb SUP crew for making my day. DJ you are a true example of why SUP is becoming such a growing mixed age sport, ready to pass on your time and knowledge. To the Blue Planet crew thanks for the BluePlanet unlimited and paddle for the run.
Scott.

Is that an unlimited I see??

ChrisClarke1
VIC, 227 posts
1 Nov 2016 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DavidJohn said...
What a shame our downwinder turned into a no'winder..

What a crazy weather day with 30+ knots one minute then nothing but slops for our run.. then back up to 30 once we've gone..

Should have done the 8am Mentone to Frankston 20km run with us in 30knots.

BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Nov 2016 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Next stop - Newcastle tomorrow at 6am with the Ocean Sweepers training squad. Rob will have his drone and has offered to do some video reviews for anyone that is interested.

Meeting opposite DSS Newcastle at Throsby Creek

BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
2 Nov 2016 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations to Robert Stehlik for taking out The Impossible race on the Blue Planet 17'6 Unlimited.

Will put some photos of the race up soon on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/blueplanetsup/

blueplanetsurf
311 posts
3 Nov 2016 4:45AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting this Jared, that new unlimited board worked great in the light wind conditions we had at the Impossible Race.

I finally have a good wifi connection and was able to upload a longer version of the SUP surfing sessions around Torquay. This is the third year I am visiting Australia to take care of business with our distributor Jared Reed and his wife Ebony as well as travel around, race, surf and paddle a lot. I filmed this video with my Phantom4 drone over the first three days of the trip:

Stand Up Surfing the beautiful rugged coastline around Torquay where we scored some nice uncrowded waves, saw dolphins, kangaroos and a swarm of Cockatoos and explored some of the bays over the last weekend of October 2016. Jared Reed and his buddy Todd of Blue Planet Australia are surfing these Blue Planet models in the videos:

9'2 x 30" Ninja Chief (2016 white)
12'6 x 28" Bump Surfer (2016 rasta)
14' x 28" Bump Rider (2016 blue)
10'11 x 28" Ninja Big Gun (2017 white/ blue)
10' x 28" Nose Performer (2017 white/blue)

I have a lot more video to edit, so stay posted, more coming soon.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Gold Coast to compete in the Masters Games and hopefully get some more nice waves.

SUPbru
386 posts
3 Nov 2016 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Very very nicely done - thanks for posting

kikaha
QLD, 72 posts
3 Nov 2016 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone tell me time and place for sundays demo?

jt737
QLD, 418 posts
3 Nov 2016 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

Demo Day this Sunday morning with JM Stand Up Paddle Company at Currumbin Creek from 7am to 10am - full details on our website at
www.blueplanetsup.com.au/media
Blue Planet founder, Hawaiian Robert Stehlik will be on hand to give you some great advice and help you find the right board. Limited numbers so make sure you register in advance (see BluePlanet SUP Australia website on how to book)

blueplanetsurf
311 posts
6 Nov 2016 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JEG said..
bugger!
would've been nice to see the Blue Planet founder Rob Stehlik and co. sup boards

I'm going to post a video of the Impossible Race soon.
We had a good demo day at Currumbin Creek today with JM SUP Co and raced in the Masters Games.

Last Wednesday I visited the Ocean Sweepers Training Squad in Newcastle, a great training group led by Sondra Purser and shot some drone video to help them analyze their stroke technique. For more information on the training squad:
www.facebook.com/Ocean-Sweepers-Training-Squad-352719321782637/

supthecreek
2593 posts
6 Nov 2016 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

"SUP surfing sessions around Torquay"

Great flick,....nice job on the location panorama's and wildlife, thanks!

The drone view of the big boards is helpful, since I now have a 14'.... I picked up some pointers on riding length.

Intense closing sequence Robert....was that the 14?

blueplanetsurf
311 posts
7 Nov 2016 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you SUPthecreek. The 14' Bump Rider is the all blue board that Todd is riding at Bells Beach. The closing scene is the 10'11 Ninja Big Gun. The red/ yellow/ green board is the 12'6 Bump Surfer. The Bump Rider and Bump Surfer boards are designed as downwind boards but are also a lot of fun in the surf.

blueplanetsurf
311 posts
9 Nov 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JEG said..
bugger!

I'm now back in Hawaii but here is a video of the Impossible Race with some drone footage from the finish:

BluePlanetAus
NSW, 33 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Nov 2016 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Well done to Robert Stehlik for a successful Aus trip - taking out the Point Impossible Downwind Race on the new 2017 Blue Planet Unlimited Race board and also winning both the 3km and 6km events at the Pan Pacific Master Games. Also congratulations to Mark Buchannon who placed in all three races at the Pan Pacific Masters Games.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Rob Stehlik Aus Visit Oct/Nov 2016" started by BluePlanetAus