NSW, 850 posts
14 Mar 2016 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Great stuff casso. Love your work!

Brenno
QLD, 891 posts
14 Mar 2016 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

Nice. Relaxes me just watching it.......

Antho
VIC, 510 posts
14 Mar 2016 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like everyone had heaps of fun!

surfershaneA
863 posts
15 Mar 2016 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Glenno Turner - another Newcastle HOOLIGAN turning up giving the politically correct Northern Beaches crew a hard time? Ban him NOW!!!!!

Fortuitously, I was laying low elsewhere and missed the carnage!

Oh, nice of Casso to put the effort into the video.

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
15 Mar 2016 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Great work Casso. So nice to see such a friendly, fun and respectful crew turn out. With all the hard work that the team do to run these events it is good to see guys traveling the distance to participate and give good energy back..Well done Glenn.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
16 Mar 2016 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pmorgan1974 said..
Great work Casso. So nice to see such a friendly, fun and respectful crew turn out. With all the hard work that the team do to run these events it is good to see guys traveling the distance to participate and give good energy back..Well done Glenn.

Great to have the Newcastle crew down for the day and enjoying the fun vibe. I was unfortunately stuck in the shop, however, following the event lots of the crew dropped in to say what a great morning it had been for all. We certainly need to try and get a 10 foot division at the State Titles. The Vicco crew are pushing for it also. It certainly opens up competitor numbers and has a really fun vibe about it.
Great photos as always Casso.

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
16 Mar 2016 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid Casso. I gotta get to one of these comps one day. Always looks fun.

ockanui
VIC, 1301 posts
16 Mar 2016 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NNSUP said...
pmorgan1974 said..

Great to have the Newcastle crew down for the day and enjoying the fun vibe. I was unfortunately stuck in the shop, however, following the event lots of the crew dropped in to say what a great morning it had been for all. We certainly need to try and get a 10 foot division at the State Titles. The Vicco crew are pushing for it also. It certainly opens up competitor numbers and has a really fun vibe about it.
Great photos as always Casso.

Good work SPSC on the 10 ft comps and Casso with the great shots... Couldn't agree more with the 10 ft sup board inclusion at events right up to the state and National comps. Apart from as John suggests with bringing in the fun element and greater competitor numbers, so then what could happen then is that the sup surf side could hold its own comps at national level at a time of the year conducive to the best surf and the best location...now your talk'n..

stimo
WA, 874 posts
16 Mar 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

We are having our first ten foot class comp soon , did you guys judge it on the long board format or the surfing format .
so you know what I mean walking the board etc .
great vid and shots. Looking forward to ours just need to find a ten foot board

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
16 Mar 2016 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Where you having Stimo? Not Triggs or Avalon I hope

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
17 Mar 2016 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said..
We are having our first ten foot class comp soon , did you guys judge it on the long board format or the surfing format .

Hi Stimo,

The judging is done based on:
"Rides will be judged on Style, Length of ride, Positioning, Wave selection, difficulty of ride/maneuvers and all round performance. Points will be allocated in reflection to the intensity and difficulty of the moves performed."
And obviously this is all within the context of long board style surfing..

Cheers,
Pete

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
17 Mar 2016 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said...

You must be able to find someone who can shape you a board Stimo.

Loz79
QLD, 459 posts
17 Mar 2016 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said..

We have introduced the 10 foot class in our club this year also after seeing it gaining momentum around the place and watching the community open event at the QLD state titles. From what we have seen in other comps and through our judging guidelines we judge closer to longboard criteria rather than shortboard. From what i have seen around the place surfing longboard sups and doing longboard moves in open sup divisions does not score as well as more critical shortboard moves on smaller boards. Im happy with the new 10 foot division as trying to judge guys riding sub 8 foot boards and guys on 10 footers in the same heat is very difficult (bit like trying to compare a short board rider and a long board rider, 2 totally different styles)..We are currently in the process of educating our judging members about the different judging criterias for the 2 divisionsopen - Surf Sup and 10 foot + Surf Sup....

Antho
VIC, 510 posts
17 Mar 2016 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Gotta say those ECS boards look unreal!

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
17 Mar 2016 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said..

Just cut 4 foot off one of the many 14 DC's

stimo
WA, 874 posts
18 Mar 2016 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Boat ramps margs is supwa first location they love sups down there

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
18 Mar 2016 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said...

You are sh1tting me

jenkz
WA, 793 posts
18 Mar 2016 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Why not Hilly.
We figured you would enter if it was held there.
Jakes at Kalbarri for the second round. Bout time we went bush.

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
18 Mar 2016 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Gnaraloo later have 3 weeks there so might fit in

stimo
WA, 874 posts
18 Mar 2016 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hilly said..

stimo said...

You are sh1tting me

They want to have it were there are some fat full slow waves and big 32 inch wide boards fit into boaties so well ,
ha ha did you see my shack getting burned down keep a eye out because it might happen

INDATUBE
3 posts
14 Apr 2016 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

Good SUP longboard action,sure we can match this in the West at our SUP Longboarding event the Wedge "Shaka" on the 23rd and 24th April

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"SPSC 10 Foot Plus Comp : March 2016 [ Video ]" started by Casso