Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

When is KoTC 2015

Created by AndyR > 9 months ago, 2 Apr 2015
AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
2 Apr 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

WA people's

When is 2015 king of the cut and the doctor ??
Trying to see if it lines up with my work schedule to see if it's possible to make it over for it.

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
2 Apr 2015 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

The Doctor is the 28th November, King of the Cut 5th of December.

Mad if you don't.

There re is a list of sup events and dates on the RHS of the Stand Up Paddle Board forum page, just go back and hit the Stand Up Paddle Events tab and it lists most of the main races and events.

Nice work Laurie.

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
2 Apr 2015 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Best week away racing you can have in Aus!!!

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
2 Apr 2015 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers tightlines.

Wouldn't make the doc by the looks but the cut could be possible time to see if I can get around work with it.

If I get in early it won't be hard to organise a loan board would it?

Yeah Ryan looks like you guys had best time last year and keen to get amongst the fun.

chucktheskiffie
219 posts
5 Aug 2015 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

What is the distance of the KOTC?

SASUPCrew
SA, 106 posts
5 Aug 2015 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Seven paddlers from Sth Oz have already booked flights to be there for all the races, KOTC, Doctor & Fig2Fig. We'll all be doing KOTC while some of us do F2F & others do the Dr, looking forward to an awesome 10 days!

Downwinder
QLD, 2031 posts
5 Aug 2015 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

G'day Surf4Fun is the Red V1 Bullet is still available for me to use.

I've found a QANTAS fight for $500

This'll be my Itinerary for KOTC

Fly into Perth Wednesday arvo
Do 2 Downwind runs on Thursday
Do 2 Downwind runs on Friday
Do the KOTC race on Saturday, than after the race have a few beers with the WA crew, then go out dancing and romancing Saturday Night.
Sunday just crews around Perth if I'm not too hungover.
Fly back to the Goldie Monday morning.

All I need now is some Accommodation anybody got a spare room I'll even sleep in the Dog Kennel if she doesn't bite

Looking forward to the event.

mocka
WA, 40 posts
5 Aug 2015 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

There is also a SSS race (12km metro DW) the Thursday before the DR and The Mandurah Duel on the Sunday after the KOTC.

Goochi
WA, 846 posts
5 Aug 2015 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Have just been waiting on details, but we can now confirm there will be 5 events during a week of Downwinding in WA.
1. The Doctor - DW from Rottnest to Sorrento, challenging course. 28th of November (28km)
2. The Fig2Fig - great fun community race, expecting 120+ paddlers of all levels (7km)
3. The Triple S - great metro event, very competitive (11km)
4. The Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut - biggest DW SUP event in Australia. (24km)
5. The Duel - the first half of the Cut run. (10km)

The Doctor and King of the Cut would be classed as an intermediate to advanced run in terms of technicality and endurance. The other 3 would be from ocean competent and above. Great runs, great location for one memorable week!

More details very soon

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
5 Aug 2015 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..
G'day Surf4Fun is the Red V1 Bullet is still available for me to use.

I've found a QANTAS fight for $500

This'll be my Itinerary for KOTC

Fly into Perth Wednesday arvo
Do 2 Downwind runs on Thursday
Do 2 Downwind runs on Friday
Do the KOTC race on Saturday, than after the race have a few beers with the WA crew, then go out dancing and romancing Saturday Night.
Sunday just crews around Perth if I'm not too hungover.
Fly back to the Goldie Monday morning.

All I need now is some Accommodation anybody got a spare room I'll even sleep in the Dog Kennel if she doesn't bite

Looking forward to the event.

Yeah Phis, still have your name on it.

also just saw this on the Sunset Series Facebook page, an extra bonus for those who get in a few days before the Dr.

Downwinder
QLD, 2031 posts
6 Aug 2015 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Goochi said..
Have just been waiting on details, but we can now confirm there will be 5 events during a week of Downwinding in WA.
1. The Doctor - DW from Rottnest to Sorrento, challenging course. 28th of November (28km)
2. The Fig2Fig - great fun community race, expecting 120+ paddlers of all levels (7km)
3. The Triple S - great metro event, very competitive (11km)
4. The Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut - biggest DW SUP event in Australia. (24km)
5. The Duel - the first half of the Cut run. (10km)

The Doctor and King of the Cut would be classed as an intermediate to advanced run in terms of technicality and endurance. The other 3 would be from ocean competent and above. Great runs, great location for one memorable week!

More details very soon

Select to expand quote
surf4fun said..
Yeah Phis, still have your name on it.
also just saw this on the Sunset Series Facebook page, an extra bonus for those who get in a few days before the Dr.

G'day Goochi and surf4fun I'll looking for Accommodation from Wednesday 2nd till Monday 7th December.
any help out there.

Thanks for a loan of the Bullet surf4fun I owe you big time.

Looking forward to the KOTC race

itbjam
VIC, 100 posts
6 Aug 2015 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

Gday
I will be comimg over from Melbourne for the week would anyone be able to put me in touch with someone to whom I can maybe hire a board. Lets say 14x 27???.
Looking forward to this one
Cheers

mnbrally
WA, 18 posts
6 Aug 2015 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey I've been curious about this for awhile, I live in Mandurah and can't find anything more than a date.

I have only just started sup, about 6 days under my belt on a 10'5" starboard drive.
My longest runs so far on flat water is 10km.

Will my board be ok for event and what sort of train should I be looking at?

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
6 Aug 2015 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Check out these couple of Facebook pages for more info and info as it comes to hand:
www.facebook.com/Kingofthecut.Perth.Australia?ref=hl
www.facebook.com/StandUpPaddleWA?fref=ts

I did my first Dr on an 11'2x30 Starboard Blend, while it can be done, it is no where near as fun as doing it on a dedicated race board.

Best form of training is getting out on the water and doing as many kms as you possibly can, particularly in DW conditions. But be prepared that it may also be a 24km slog if there is no wind (fingers crossed this doesn't happen).

roggoodwin
WA, 232 posts
6 Aug 2015 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

So excited about this years downwind events, looking forward to meeting all interstate and overseas visitors, should be awesome fun, got butterfly's.

mnbrally
WA, 18 posts
7 Aug 2015 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers surf4fun, I'll be out this weekend starting training then.
Hopefully there is some more people than just me going to run a cruise board.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"When is KoTC 2015" started by AndyR