Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Bali Pics June-July 2015

Created by MickPC > 9 months ago, 13 Jul 2015
MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

June 27th 6AM, the G-land boat heads off from Tuban & gets hit by 2 waves inside the Kuta reef channel. This was actually a bit of a lull in the swell but waves were still constantly breaking all the way from the airport to Discovery.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

whoa

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Kuta Reef Channel (not so much of a channel) 10:30am June 28th, pics taken from Santika construction site groyne.
?
?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics - especially the first few - enjoyed those

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Ted, yeah that was the highlight of the trip from a media capture point of view. They're actually vid caps, I want to tidy the vid up before I post it

June 28th 10:30am there were some fun novelty waves breaking straight out front the main rear doors of Discovery mall. I paddled out to Kuta reef & then surfed a few waves through to here. Surfing & paddling across to the next peek to avoid a straight paddle all the way in...was a lot of fun from a novelty perspective.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Jul 2015 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Just showed those pics to a few of the boys at the Diva (where we had drinks Mick) and they said the captain got pretty cut up from the broken windows. Heavy. Wonder what they were thinking (probably not at all ) when they headed off that morning

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Just showed those pics to a few of the boys at the Diva (where we had drinks Mick) and they said the captain got pretty cut up from the broken windows. Heavy. Wonder what they were thinking (probably not at all ) when they headed off that morning

It was way bigger than it looked from the beach coz there was nothing to compare to, no one was out at that time. I didn't think it was really big, but then the small waves in the lull broke right over the boat....I wanna know how G-land was that weekend, let us know if ya hear mate

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

June 29th after brekky pics of Kuta Reef from the Santika Groyne.
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
13 Jul 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics Mick, I reckon Big Ted may have a new neighbour in the near future.

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

The order is a little out of whack on that last lot, but easy to see where...I'll post more pics later

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Jul 2015 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Lucky bugger, I wish I could join yaz

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
14 Jul 2015 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics bro...thanks!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jul 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...

No chance as we live in the jungle bro !
Although once that satellite tower is in who knows

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Jul 2015 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
vanders1 said...

No chance as we live in the jungle bro !
Although once that satellite tower is in who knows

You'd have to build lots of shops before Fumi would consider moving there...me I wouldn't want it to change

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
14 Jul 2015 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

great pics thanks for sharing

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Jul 2015 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

By the 30th the swell had dropped enough that waves weren't breaking between mids & lefts channel. There was a couple of guys out at mids dodging the sets but having a bit of trouble. Gets hard in those conditions even without the 12-15 knt offshore. Your paddling for the nice shaped smaller ones, missing & turning around to face these bombs breaking out the back. Or you get a nice one right over to in front of mids 1 & get caught inside. Then havta paddle right round the left from mid 1 or duckdive a gazillion waves...but yeah, sure thins out the crowd

Headed down to the Bukit on the 1st July. With the benefit of hindsight we should have been down there the last few days. But I really wanted to catch AP rights going off & it would have been if the wind wasn't early every day. Although boats were an issue too.

I was headed to Bingin, but low tide wasn't running for 4 hours. So dropped into Balangan at the top of the 2m tide to find a sh1t load of people & a resort built at the top of the stairs. They knocked it up bloody quick coz it was just the side of the rocky limestone carpark 2 years earlier. Always easy to make this place look good, but 99% of the waves were shutting down pretty quick. Its sometimes ok on the high, but not that day.

So we bailed to Bingin...Had a swim with the missus & some lunch. It had been a couple of years since I'd been to Bingin also & its got a lot more buildings & people as well. Man the beach was covered in people laying on there towels sunbaking, it was bizzare. Various Euro accents chatting away. Way different vibe to just a couple of years ago where everyone was there for a surf. Most of these people didn't have boards with them, thank fark too coz there was already 30 people crammed into the narrow break, about 8 on softops causing chaos. Luckily 1/2 of them came in as the tide rapidly dropped & I headed out.

It was pretty small, fun & shallow...luckily I was headed home in a couple of days coz I got reef cuts on both hands, my hip, back & a small fin chop in the guts going over the falls & landing on the back of my board. I just wanted to get a couple of barrels before going home, so was happy to sacrifice a bit of skin

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Bali Pics June-July 2015" started by MickPC