Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Be warned- shortboards rock thread

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 16 Jan 2016
Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
18 Feb 2016 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Lacey I've got the new board curse the devil winds,how about we go somewhere and you can give that CW shortboard a whack or two?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Feb 2016 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

LL?

SP
10979 posts
18 Feb 2016 4:40PM
Thumbs Up

Nice board LL, hope that was you in Teds clip.

Also meant to ask about the MR twin 2?
Got it? Goes ok?

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Feb 2016 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
LL?

I just wet my pants

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:00AM
Thumbs Up

yeah pretty amazing banks at the moment up there. That wave was as good a wave as you would se anywhere. Also amazing that no one really tried to drop in on him. Maybe things are changing up there. I would probably call it a day after getting a wave like that. Very hard to get a better one I imagine

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

I think the surfer was Julian Wilson,he was in town the other day.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Feb 2016 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
yeah pretty amazing banks at the moment up there. That wave was as good a wave as you would se anywhere. Also amazing that no one really tried to drop in on him. Maybe things are changing up there. I would probably call it a day after getting a wave like that. Very hard to get a better one I imagine

Bro I'd be happy to call it off the rest of the year after one of those...plus it looks like a long walk back around

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
20 Feb 2016 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

I just picked up 2 new additions to the family and just wanted to share the love.
here are a few pics... First up the 2 newies and then a full quiver shot that got me inspired by cuttlefish's awsome quiver.

Dims in order are

Ross Head 7' x 22"1/4 x 3"
Stuart 7'1" x 22"1/4 x 3"1/8 (newie )
Stuart 7'2" x 22" x 3"1/8
Stuart 7'4" x 22" x 3"1/8
Stuart 7'10" 22" x 3"1/8 (newie )
Creative Army Log 9'9" x 23"7/8 x 3"1/8 ( Jas & Fenna's sweet love )

One or 2 more should fill my needs

McGuane
484 posts
20 Feb 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

One of the best quivers I've seen on here Locky. Nice work. Could maybe use an HP or allrounder longboard around the 9-something mark ... but I'd be pretty happy with what's already there. And you might soon have just the right waves to test the new ones out.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
20 Feb 2016 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice mate,how good a bloke is Stu Smith.

Steve78
TAS, 189 posts
20 Feb 2016 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Is the new blue one the FX 3 rocket?

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
20 Feb 2016 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Mc Guane
Pretty happy with all of them I have had a few 9'1" hp's in the past but I really enjoy surfing my mid's. The log is for small days and just having some fun on. I don't surf it to often as the little orange Ross Head surf really good in small stuff also.
I am pretty keen to finish off with a HP Shortie but, something like a 7'2" x 22"x 3" ( say 13"1/2 nose and 15"1/2 tail - rounded square )

For sure Mac,
Stu is a great bloke, and I am stoked that he shapes fantastic boards
It's great to be able to tell him what your after and the finished product is what you asked for. That's awsome
Always happy to with him or Tex - both great guys.

Hey Steve,
Yep it's a rocket, but I am not sure if it's a FX 3 or a FX 4 ??? It's a bigger version of either one, as I think the biggest he normally shapes is 6'6"
I do know I am hanging out for it to cure so I can get it in the water

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
20 Feb 2016 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Ha that was a nice pick up on the sweet love,I knew Lacey was sniffing that board out but was too slow off the blocks.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
20 Feb 2016 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

That's a sweet looking quiver Locky.
In my dims and all.
Like to hear how both the new ones go....should have some waves to test it out in Mon--------------. Yeeeew.

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
20 Feb 2016 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said..
That's a sweet looking quiver Locky.
In my dims and all.
Like to hear how the new 2+1 goes....should have some waves to test it out in Mon--------------. Yeeeew.

Thanks mate,

Both newies have at least another week before I can get 'em wet. But I think the wait will be worth it.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
20 Feb 2016 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Looking at the WAMS on swellnet it looks like the will be useable swell until March 4th or so....geez!
No new board flat curse here.
I've got a new one as well.
Was all set to buy a 7' McCoy dreamtime out of their $200 of stock boards sale while I was in Byron last week and someone bought it in the few days I was there.
I didn't want to buy it straight away only to be in my van with the 5 boards I'd brought with me just in case someone stole 1/2 my quiver in one go.
So on the way back I picked up this groovy 6' DVS wasp. Surfing it has already put it into contention for my favourite ever fish.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
20 Feb 2016 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Locky, that's a damn might fine box of toys you have there

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Feb 2016 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Wow there is some nice rides there.....and yep stuey is a cool cat. I surf with him a bit,not so much in the last year for reasons the northern peeps will only know hahahahajajajaja

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Feb 2016 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Sick sticks all round!!

SP
10979 posts
22 Feb 2016 6:26AM
Thumbs Up

Great looking Quiver...

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
22 Feb 2016 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

To the author of this thread,I see you have a new shortboard weapon,tomorrow the bay is calling 5 6 foot perfect conditions,should I take the day off and set up the cameras happy to be there first light so work and crowds won't come into play.

SP
10979 posts
22 Feb 2016 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Why can't you surf Mac? Injured?

I would of thought there were plenty of waves on the goldy, seen some great clips lately..
Hopefully some swell will turn up for the comp this year unlike last year..

The zoo is in town here from this morning.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
22 Feb 2016 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

SP once it's over 3 foot the shortboarders invade the place and it becomes a nightmare on a longboard, best to let them take over, now is prime time for Lacey to test his new shortboard out while us old longboarders chew the fat from the carpark the zoo is here also I don't know what's happened but over the past few months it's been nuts in and out of the water carparks full by 6am.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
22 Feb 2016 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
To the author of this thread,I see you have a new shortboard weapon,tomorrow the bay is calling 5 6 foot perfect conditions,should I take the day off and set up the cameras happy to be there first light so work and crowds won't come into play.

thePup
13831 posts
22 Feb 2016 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Whoaaaaaaahhh geez Mark that doesn't look good I hope you're at the quack for that

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
22 Feb 2016 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

a short board rocking' (ripped of from swellnet Newcastle report )
really liked the image, style etc

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Feb 2016 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
also I don't know what's happened but over the past few months it's been nuts in and out of the water carparks full by 6am.

It's been pumping according to every surf related website. Everyone's come up and down to play. That's why. Tell them it's good and they will come.

SP
10979 posts
22 Feb 2016 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
SP once it's over 3 foot the shortboarders invade the place and it becomes a nightmare on a longboard, best to let them take over, now is prime time for Lacey to test his new shortboard out while us old longboarders chew the fat from the carpark the zoo is here also I don't know what's happened but over the past few months it's been nuts in and out of the water carparks full by 6am.

Yeah crowds are a sure way to dampen the enthusiasm but to me Sounds like you need a new board...
Or somewhere else to surf when it gets bigger.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
22 Feb 2016 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Whoaaaaaaahhh geez Mark that doesn't look good I hope you're at the quack for that

Who's Mark.I read it on a board that was posted here the other day.

Oh and Lacey please oh please reframe from showing those wounds,seriously I think your doc is a butcher Pup just another scare to his collection and thats picture Pup on your fridge door right

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
22 Feb 2016 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said...

Yeah crowds are a sure way to dampen the enthusiasm but to me Sounds like you need a new board...
Or somewhere else to surf when it gets bigger.

Nowhere else will hold the swell SP other than the two points north one is super agro the other full of sweepers and all sorts. Noosa and Byron really the other two options.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Be warned- shortboards rock thread" started by laceys lane