VIC, 8020 posts
18 Apr 2014 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

They miss spelt GONAD!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Apr 2014 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

So is that a pass for the rockstar area Simondo ?

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
18 Apr 2014 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Mac, no sadly this is just General Admission...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
18 Apr 2014 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Winki this morning... Quite small, but clean... Crowded... Then a big Sou-West change hit, and it turned horrible!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
18 Apr 2014 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

This is a pick from the carpark to show you how wet and grey it was this morning!

thePup
13831 posts
18 Apr 2014 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Geez Simo .... thought Vicco might have put out for this one - Margarets was on her rags here sadly

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Apr 2014 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

Shame they didn't have Margs a little later...heaps of swell now

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
20 Apr 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

The swell at Bells is clean this morning, but a little bit weak for its size...
6 of us Longboarders could put on a better display than 2 pros!
Perfect conditions for Longboarding this morning!

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
20 Apr 2014 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Always seems a shame that there so many good waves coming through and only two out, Simondo you should paddle out anyway and just catch the waves they leave, don't reckon they would mind..

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
20 Apr 2014 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Good one Ockanui!

The guys are reading the conditions better now... Plus the waves have a bit more punch now.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2014 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

6 of us Longboarders could put on a better display than 2 pros!

Have you been drinking again Simondo ?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Apr 2014 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Rincon looks like a lot of fun at the moment. Its good to see the chicks getting a crack in some decent waves for a change. CM is looking unreal.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
21 Apr 2014 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Medina taking priority on Bede s last wave was fair enough but the fade left and half arsed interference claim was just sad.

P co
WA, 457 posts
21 Apr 2014 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pete53 said..

Medina taking priority on Bede s last wave was fair enough but the fade left and half arsed interference claim was just sad.

Bit of a dog act in my eyes. He might have had priority but to me Medina interfered with Bede. I don't think priority was in tended for waves down the line, should be just for out the back in the takeoff zone.

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
21 Apr 2014 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
P co said..

pete53 said..

Bit of a dog act in my eyes. He might have had priority but to me Medina interfered with Bede. I don't think priority was in tended for waves down the line, should be just for out the back in the takeoff zone.

No argument here. Yes it's in the rules but The tactic of sitting down the line and taking priority to nullify a scoring wave doesn't take any skill. At least hassling and bluffing at the take off over priority is in the spirit of competition.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Apr 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Blame the rules not the competitor !! All pro sports people play to the edge of the rules in every case. Watch any game of NRl for eg when the Storm are playing.

JJF has just combo'd Medina and KS - unbelievable !!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Apr 2014 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

I have been critical of the ASP and its interviews previously - but I must say that Peter Mel is very good. He just managed to suck a whole lot out of Slater in an effortless fashion. Great work!

Bobbin
WA, 122 posts
21 Apr 2014 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

JJF was in a similar situation earlier and surfed it out like a sportsman didn't sit inside. Should Medina have been paddling to the inside of JJF in that heat with the 10 pointer air

Agree with your comment though Ted. Some just do it better than others.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Apr 2014 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Yes Ipsy - its a crying shame that some people are not as nice as others - but like any workplace there are always those that want to make the best of a situation for their own sake. Its a shame that these things happen in surfing but it is their livelihood and most of them will use the rules to their max advantage. It just seems that the Brazo's do this more than others but they all do it I think things are improved this year - as you can not maintain priority like in the old days - you get one shot at it and thats it. So we should see less of this. Lets hope.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Apr 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Ispy said..

JJF was in a similar situation earlier and surfed it out like a sportsman didn't sit inside. Should Medina have been paddling to the inside of JJF in that heat with the 10 pointer air

Agree with your comment though Ted. Some just do it better than others.

www.facebook.com/StabSurfMagazine/videos/10153982708745408/

Not a bad air though

pete53
NSW, 243 posts
22 Apr 2014 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

The air was great but was the wave worth 10 given the multiple manoeuvres criteria used on other high scoring waves?

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
22 Apr 2014 8:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
P co said..

pete53 said..

And right there is why most people hate surfing with brazzo's....he made himself look like a complete ****stick right there

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
22 Apr 2014 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pete53 said..

The air was great but was the wave worth 10 given the multiple manoeuvres criteria used on other high scoring waves?

Not really worth a 10 IMHO. I think a few turns should be linked together..But then i guess it can be hard when they have already started scoring through out the heat and if they have already had high scores.. But i think effort for big moves needs to be rewarded

SP
10979 posts
22 Apr 2014 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

If any turn was going to be a 10 it was that one. Awesome turn.

The layback recovery at the end was pretty good also.

I'd post the vid but the ASP won't let me.

http://www.aspworldtour.com/posts/40391/perfect-10-florence-at-rip-curl-pro-bells-beach

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
22 Apr 2014 11:14PM
Thumbs Up

Geez haven't the girls improved this year,really going for it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
23 Apr 2014 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Isn't Sally a sook ? somebody needs to teach this girl to lose with grace,if she's not crying she is beating on the judges door while they are judging another semi final,rant over.

SP
10979 posts
23 Apr 2014 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ what' happened???
And yes the girls are absolutely ripping these days.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Apr 2014 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

I think some of the girls are ripping some are lacking style - Sally is one that I put in that later group. CM and SG are killing it. CH and TW are catching up fast.

Sally basically needed a 4.77 from memory and showed great composure with priority to let CM take the one before which turned out to be a shocker. Sally then took off on one with less a minute to go and pretty much surfed it poorly - then had the audacity to claim it on completion ! Claiming a wave that is not even a 4.77 Jeepers. Her judgement is clearly flawed. Anyway then she stormed up to the judges rooms to have a crack. I think its weird that the judges love her so much - they talk her up like she is the next Slater. Esp Pottz and Joey. They also love Parko disproportionately to everyone else. But he can surf !!! Yes she did surf well in the previous round - but her style is ugly and they never acknowledge that. Compared to CM and SG she is way off the pace I reckon.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Apr 2014 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Both chicks ripping in the final and I have to go to a meeting shortly ahhhhhh

SP
10979 posts
23 Apr 2014 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ weren't they....
Great final, congrats Carissa

jbshack