Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
13 Nov 2016 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

Macaha said..

WANT

I assume it's a Ford, but what's the model?
Al G?

It's a Ford Econoline Pick up OB,I'de say about 1960ish ,cool little truck

thePup
13831 posts
13 Nov 2016 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

obct said..

Al G said..

The rear door of that VW bus is more anatomically correct than her.

Hollywood tape is not just fro boobs I guess.

smell way better than any old Kraut door Obs

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
15 Nov 2016 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
15 Nov 2016 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

love the old racks on it

thePup
13831 posts
15 Nov 2016 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Love these old girls ..... they just look & lend themselves to be Rat-able ..... can just see someone like Al Capone , Jimmy D , Marlon Brando , Steve McQ , Bud Spencer cruising down any boulevard in one .... farken icons

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
15 Nov 2016 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

thePup said..

Macaha said..

Love these old girls ..... they just look & lend themselves to be Rat-able ..... can just see someone like Al Capone , Jimmy D , Marlon Brando , Steve McQ , Bud Spencer cruising down any boulevard in one .... farken icons

Aren't they awesome Pup ,53 Chevy,I love em.My mate here who's done some beating on my car had one,just sold it about 6 months ago.Turqoise and white,beeeuutifull

Looked like this,but looooow .

thePup
13831 posts
15 Nov 2016 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

oh geez , well if it was like that I couldn't sell her - too bloody hard to find in the first place let alone source bits

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
15 Nov 2016 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
oh geez , well if it was like that I couldn't sell her - too bloody hard to find in the first place let alone source bits

I know I couldn't sell her either if it was mine but he's had heaps of them,he's still got some nice rides

unclethirsty
382 posts
15 Nov 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Al did your mate sell the turquoise & white one to someone in Sydney. I'm sure I've seen one at Palmie coupla times & oggled it, but by time I got my phone he'd gone. Damm nice unit.
Man, what i saw on the highway just coming into Sydney the other day. Beautiful rods (2) on side of the road with hood up on one, boards on top, incredible pearl blue paint job, timber panels, big blown motor, couldn't stop, couldn't take pic!! You could see the sun reflecting off the paint 1k away dirving towards them. Just beautiful.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
16 Nov 2016 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
unclethirsty said..
Al did your mate sell the turquoise & white one to someone in Sydney. I'm sure I've seen one at Palmie coupla times & oggled it, but by time I got my phone he'd gone. Damm nice unit.
Man, what i saw on the highway just coming into Sydney the other day. Beautiful rods (2) on side of the road with hood up on one, boards on top, incredible pearl blue paint job, timber panels, big blown motor, couldn't stop, couldn't take pic!! You could see the sun reflecting off the paint 1k away dirving towards them. Just beautiful.

Hey Uncle,not sure where it went mate,it was a Left Hand Drive one.Those rods you seen might have been up at Yamba for the Yamba rod run,my mate went up to it,it's getting huge now,might go up next year myself!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
19 Nov 2016 4:48AM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
19 Nov 2016 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

"ooh",love that Mac,one of my favourite Caddies,63

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
19 Nov 2016 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

63? Are you sure ?

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
19 Nov 2016 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

63? Are you sure ?

Oh sorry OB 62,I just had a quick look,it's been a big weekend,63 is still my favourite though!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

I thought 68 was your fav these days Al? would this ever make it as a groovey surf car? Maybe another 20 years....

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
I thought 68 was your fav these days Al? would this ever make it as a groovey surf car? Maybe another 20 years....

"68" mate that's our new number, love it That looks really nice Ted and for what's wrong with it only seems very minimal to me,maybe just the air cond compressor or even better some seals have worn out(cheaper).Bloody oath mate ,she's a groovy surf car for sure,nice set of Rola's and a board on em,Beeeaaauuutiful,cruiser .BTW what year model is it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Nov 2016 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

XJ6 1985.

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
19 Nov 2016 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
XJ6 1985.

85,ah ok,and it's a Sovereign to,love it

thePup
13831 posts
19 Nov 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Ted get an Auto Sparky to suss out the Fuse Compartment - there'll be a big one for the Air-Con ..... could be located under the Bonnet being a UK job

Check all of them anyway too - give her a total replacement of the little meanies given her age

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
19 Nov 2016 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Ted get an Auto Sparky to suss out the Fuse Compartment - there'll be a big one for the Air-Con ..... could be located under the Bonnet being a UK job

Check all of them anyway too - give her a total replacement of the little meanies given her age

Good advice Pup,I'm not right up on British mobiles but the Auto Sparky places will also pump the refridgerant into it and see where the leaks or problems are coming from!...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Nov 2016 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the advice fellas - I am still trying to convince the lady that this is a poor way to spend money

thePup
13831 posts
19 Nov 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Well there's that Factory fitted option too yeah Teddy hahahaha

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
20 Nov 2016 6:31AM
Thumbs Up

Careful ted, pommy cars arn't any good until they've warmed up. Then after that , they just arn't any good

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
20 Nov 2016 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..
Careful ted, pommy cars arn't any good until they've warmed up. Then after that , they just arn't any good

haha,not like the old 186's

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
20 Nov 2016 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

nice car

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
20 Nov 2016 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Ted, make sure you only buy genuine part for it

> The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

>Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.

> Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

> Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

>The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.

>The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.

> Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices

> Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency."

> I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."

> If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.

> Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

> Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators

> Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

> Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
20 Nov 2016 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

hahaha,classic OB's

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
20 Nov 2016 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
20 Nov 2016 1:04PM